[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay vs Mini-scrota

Chavez

The game was one dimensional versus the Chargers as well (#7 against the run coming into the game) and it did not matter. The key in last weeks victory for the Vikings was not the record setting rushing attack, but the shocking pass defense they put on for the first time this year. But Favre is not Rivers, so I don't think they keep that up this week.

The key to the game really is can GB keep the Vikes semi-honest with their run game?

I'm old school and think the keys to winning football are running and stopping the run, but when a stout run D comes up against an offense like Green Bay's, it can end up looking like the Maginot Line.

But yeah, Vikes run game vs GB's run D and Green Bay's passing game vs Vikes pass D are the keys. I don't think you've gotta STOP AD, you just have to keep him from going ape; he appears to be one of those backs like Payton/Sanders/LT, where if he goes for 80-100 yds and a td, you feel you've done a decent job.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to the game really is can GB keep the Vikes semi-honest with their run game?

I'm old school and think the keys to winning football are running and stopping the run, but when a stout run D comes up against an offense like Green Bay's, it can end up looking like the Maginot Line.

But yeah, Vikes run game vs GB's run D and Green Bay's passing game vs Vikes pass D are the keys. I don't think you've gotta STOP AD, you just have to keep him from going ape; he appears to be one of those backs like Payton/Sanders/LT, where if he goes for 80-100 yds and a td, you feel you've done a decent job.

So, how strong is your SS/FS about cheating off the pass and cleaning up Barnett and Hawk's mistakes?

That's the thing I've seen about Peterson...and of course the rook looks awesome, but I question is he just that good, or has it really just been a bunch of crappy angles that the defense has taken against him? I know that the Bears D looked high schoolish against him, and most of it was the Vikings doing, but some of it was just plain stupidity on the Bears part and not flowing to their spots they way they should have.

I'm assuming that last week was the same, or no?

So, how strong is your SS/FS about cheating off the pass and cleaning up Barnett and Hawk's mistakes?

Well, Bigby, for his faults, has been pretty good at holding down the last line of defense and preventing big plays. Aaron Rouse, who knows?

Not sure. The Vikings did end up giving him his paycheck, but not aware of how that will affect his status for this weekend.

Childress got plenty of feedback from his player counsel and from Zygi. Chilly had to back off on his stance. He said later that it's better to get it right than to be right. So it sounds like he got overruled. Williamson is going to donate the game check to charity, which sounds like the exact same thing that the Vikings were going to do with it if they withheld it. Childress isn't exactly what you call a "players coach."

That's the thing I've seen about Peterson...and of course the rook looks awesome, but I question is he just that good, or has it really just been a bunch of crappy angles that the defense has taken against him? I know that the Bears D looked high schoolish against him, and most of it was the Vikings doing, but some of it was just plain stupidity on the Bears part and not flowing to their spots they way they should have.

I'm assuming that last week was the same, or no?

The kid is fast around the corners and even the Chargers were shocked at how he got away from them so quickly. They practice against LT2 every day and they couldn't handle this kid's speed.

Of course the last time the Packers played against Peterson, Chilly didn't think he should get more than 2 carries in the second half. He'll get more than that today. I'm sure that he'll get stuffed plenty of times running up the middle of that defensive line but not each time. He'll get some good gains and when he's past the linebackers, look out!

Peterson is going to happen. :D

Childress got plenty of feedback from his player counsel and from Zygi. Chilly had to back off on his stance. He said later that it's better to get it right than to be right. So it sounds like he got overruled. Williamson is going to donate the game check to charity, which sounds like the exact same thing that the Vikings were going to do with it if they withheld it. Childress isn't exactly what you call a "players coach."

Local paper this morning mentioned the charity is for kids with stone hands :D