[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Game Next Week, who will win?

Pirate lookin' at 40

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Thursday it is, then.

I'll be back on this forum then accepting apologies from all you Dallas smack talkers! :D

I AM NOT A DALLAS FAN... but the true test will be if you are back if the Pack lose

Edited by keggerz

Oh, believe me, I'll take the lumps if they lose. I'm not scared to face the TRUTH, unlike Dallas smack-turds! :wacko:

So you are saying the Green Bay smack-turds are better then Dallas smack-turds :D I will be here win or lose next friday and the friday after that and the next 10000 fridays after that.

This just in, it is only a game friend :D

Witten? Puh-lease! And we won't have to worry about TO as Harris will take him out of the game. So their goes the mighty Dallas offense. And their is no such thing as a Dallas defense so we won't have to worry about that either.

Green Bay 38 Dallas 17 (which will be the 17 head-start points GB will spot Dallas)

Now I know you're just fishing. The only Packer WR who could say to be better than Witten is Driver. Witten is a tank with good hands.

First let me say, I like Farve, always have, I must give ole Ironman his due. He lives for games like this. However, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Tony Romo.

This is how this game shakes out for me. GB is playing good football and it starts and ends with Farve. GB IS A VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM. Farve is surrounded by kids that were still sucking on mama's nipples while he was throwing touchdowns on the real frozen tundra. The Cowboys are young also but mature at all the right positions.

Cowboys have the team that is mature enough Physically and mentally (thanks Bill) to put it on the field in a big game.

O line- Mature Defense plows

D line- RB nightmares and QB hounds.

Receivers- TO, Witten, Crayton

RB- Barber the Beast

GB is a house of cards.

The Ace Brett Farve, makes this team a flush or 2,3,4,5,7(a hand full of crap).

Driver, Woodson, Cole, KGB all nicked up with Woodson and KGB's injuries not looking good. Wish they were at full strength.

The Cowboys will use "Pressure the Leader" game plan. Once these kids see Farve go down enough times and balls thrown high and wide, while their getting lit up trying to catch em, it's over. Farve will pay for every touchdown he throws in this game. I suspect he will throw 3 but will pay dearly for each and every one. The Cowboys D is coming hard and GB’s line will not hold up.

Cowboy’s O line "dominates" Kampman just like they controlled OSI and Kearse and Tuck, and Strahan, and all the other pass rushers touted to be scary pass rushers. Flo and Colombo will handle em PERIOD.

Meanwhile, (RELEASE THE HOUNDS) Ware and Ellis and Canty and Spears will pressure Farve into mistakes. There will be no running room for the Rook Grant. It will all be all on Farve and if your thinking Roy Williams will be abused all day, Wade gave us a little taste of how to get him out of coverage and into opposing backfields where he belongs. Henry should be good to go for this one so this will be the first game our two starting CBs will be on the field together and Reeves is playing some very sound coverage as of late.

Romo goes for 300+ and 4 TD's as Harris is no match for TO and Hawk will have to play a huge game to keep up with Witten and if he does that, then Crayton will kill you on crossing routes underneath and/or Barber will run them into the ground. Hawk holds the 2nd level together from what I see and him chasing TE's and WR all day breaks up the mix.

THE COWBOYS ARE JUST TOO PHYSICAL FOR THIS YEARS YOUNG PACKER TEAM!

GB's D will not get to Romo and they will wear down in the second half. There is a reason the Cowboys have outscored opponents by so much in the second half. This team is BIG and Powerful, Everywhere and if you plan on knocking heads with them for 60 minutes you had better pack two lunches. One for the first half, and one for the second.

Sad to say, Farve gets beat up in this one. I just don't see him having the patience to dink and dunk ALL game which is what he will have to do to stay clean. He is a warrior but he is going to take a beating as this D line is getting better and faster every week and they are giving QB's some serious shots just at the moment of release.

Farve can do magic but he has to be running out of rabbits. Romo on the other hand, the curtain has just been pulled, and from what we can tell so far, he's got his got his own bag of tricks and it's a pretty big bag.

MOUNT UP BOYS, History's waiting!

Cowboys 34 Packers 24 (if it were in GB I would say it would be closer but in Texas, no go)

Edited by Cowboyz1

First let me say, I like Farve, always have, I must give ole Ironman his due. He lives for games like this. However, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Tony Romo.

This is how this game shakes out for me. GB is playing good football and it starts and ends with Farve. GB IS A VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM. Farve is surrounded by kids that were still sucking on mama's nipples while he was throwing touchdowns on the real frozen tundra. The Cowboys are young also but mature at all the right positions.

The Cowboys will use "kill the head" game plan. Once these kids see Farve go down enough times and balls thrown high and wide, while their getting lit up trying to catch em, it's over. Farve will pay for every touchdown he throws in this game. I suspect he will throw 3 but will pay dearly for each and every one. The Cowboys D is coming hard and GB’s line will not hold up.

Ooooh nice strategy. You don't have the talent to win fair and square so go out and try and slam Favre.

Trouble is Romo looks a lot more vulnerable than Brett and Favre plays better when he's slammed to the turf a few times.

And how will Romo take your "kill the head" sleazy game plan seeing that he's a fan?

How about trying to play better and score more points...if you can.

Ooooh nice strategy. You don't have the talent to win fair and square so go out and try and slam Favre.

Trouble is Romo looks a lot more vulnerable than Brett and Favre plays better when he's slammed to the turf a few times.

And how will Romo take your "kill the head" sleazy game plan seeing that he's a fan?

How about trying to play better and score more points...if you can.

No, No, No, you got me all wrong. Farve is one of my favorite players and I don't want him "killed" per say, just unable to throw accurately and woozy at times. No permanent damage just good clean sacks and pressures. I AM saying we HAVE the talent to do exactly that. I can see how you could have taken that though. I just predict that Farve will be CLEANLY punished by the Cowboys Defense that's all. I want him on the field all game make no mistake about that. It just wouldn't be right to win any other way. I thought I was clear but maybe I was a bit graphic............. :D

Ok kill is a bit strong..........corrected

Get this straight, I WANT EVERY PLAYER ON BOTH TEAMS PLAYING NEXT WEEK, HEALTHY!

Edited by Cowboyz1

Now I know you're just fishing. The only Packer WR who could say to be better than Witten is Driver. Witten is a tank with good hands.

Yeah...Okaaaaay. You just go ahead and keep believing that. That sound you hear is not us laughing WITH you, though.

Yeah...Okaaaaay. You just go ahead and keep believing that. That sound you hear is not us laughing WITH you, though.

Nice to see how scared the Cowboys fans are. They give the Packers no credit. I'm surprised they don't say the janitors are better pass receivers than the Packers. They boast relentlessly but then refuse to back up their claims with a bet.

They know if they lose this game the next big game will be at Lambeau in January. They are more afraid of the weather than the team.

Thank you Cowboys fans :D

Nice to see how scared the Cowboys fans are. They give the Packers no credit. I'm surprised they don't say the janitors are better pass receivers than the Packers. They boast relentlessly but then refuse to back up their claims with a bet.

They know if they lose this game the next big game will be at Lambeau in January. They are more afraid of the weather than the team.

Thank you Cowboys fans :D

I will gladly bet you..I dont do sigs or avatars ..What do you care to wager ?

Nice to see how scared the Cowboys fans are.

This was for those claiming a 10 point win. I want their points. I doubt you'd want to go there.

:D Thats rich..

Ill give you 10 points..What do you care to wager ?

Witten? Puh-lease!

If you're a Packer fan and you aren't worried about what a TE as talented as Witten can do, you're a fool.

Poppinga is a great intangibles guy and is tough against the run but is a liability in pass coverage. Hawk has been OK but is not going to shut down an elite TE.

Witten is the guy who worries me maybe more than TO.

If you're a Packer fan and you aren't worried about what a TE as talented as Witten can do, you're a fool.

Poppinga is a great intangibles guy and is tough against the run but is a liability in pass coverage. Hawk has been OK but is not going to shut down an elite TE.

Witten is one of the top TE's and the Packers have been vulnerable. Cowley and Gonzo both put up a little over 100 yards recently. I expect about the same. Witten is defnitely a concern and a favorite of Romo's.

Chavez do you think Rouse can cover him? Rouse is pretty tall with long arms.

Wow a level headed homer....what you are seeing here folks is a breed that is close to extinction

Edited by keggerz

Chavez do you think Rouse can cover him? Rouse is pretty tall with long arms.

I haven't really seen enough of him in coverage to make an assessment either way. I don't recall him being utterly exposed but I can't think of any notable man-coverage plays he has made either. I guess I'd think you put Pops/Hawk on Witten and have them chuck him at the line no matter what and then play your best coverage safety over him.

Rouse has the ABILITY, but does he have the smarts/instincts?

Of course Witten worries me. And I think he is definitely a threat and a fantastic TE. What I was responding to was Waterman's assertion that he was better than any receiver on the Packers roster.

Wow a level headed homer....what you are seeing here folks is a breed that is close to extinction

Well, the flipside of that is that any Cowboy homer who is sitting there going "ah, we'll pressure Favre and he'll throw Ints" really isn't paying attention to how efficiently GB's 5-wide set has been carving up offenses. Even without Driver, those are still 4 very good WRs (I recall one article where a local writer was asking a scout about how Ruvell Martin compared with other team's #5 WRs and the scout said "Martin compares favorably with some #2 WRs") plus Donald Lee has turned into a dangerous 2nd-tier TE.

Favre has always been a playmaker, but I'd really be surprised if Favre turns into an int machine, barring an utter collapse around him on O. His receivers have the talent to exploit mismatches and Favre has the savvy to find the mismatches. Take away the slant? Go up top. Shade coverage towards Driver and Jennings? Hit Lee up the seam. Start dropping guys back to close up the holes in pass coverage? Run it.

The difference I am seeing in Favre is that his struggles previous were less of a fall off in talent or nerve than a guy trying to carry the whole damn franchise on his shoulders. I'm not going to deny that Favre makes the offense click, but he seems to be more than willing (well, more willing than in the past, at least) to take a 3-and-out because he trusts that the D and/or special teams WILL make plays to keep the team in the game if the offense isn't clicking.

Another thing I've seen is Dallas fans have this perception that their pass rushers will get to Favre while Green Bay's DL won't sniff Romo - yeah, it's possible, but I doubt it. Even if KGB is out, that still leaves a pretty good tandem of Kampman (that Det RT was clearly a stiff, but even so I don't think I've seen any DE demolish an OL like that play after play - well, maybe when Reggie White tossed Tony Mandarich like a salad back in '90) and Cullen Jenkins, plus interior push from Corey Williams, Colin Cole, and company. But either way, I see both offenses giving the opposing defensive coordinator nightmares all week.

How is Dallas on special teams? With the evenness of the matchup, that may be VERY pivotal.