[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks to all that helped ......

theprofessor

I want to thank each of you that contributed to my request of help to help me replace my 60 inch Hitachi that bit the dust last week, I want to especially thank Avernus who brought great advice and insight to my purchase.

Three days prior to Black Friday I pulled the ttrigger and here's what I decided on:

Sony 52" 1080p :D Bravia

Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray

Onkyo 7.1 Surround System

Went to Best Buy (after multiple trips to Circuit City, Fryes, Video Only and Best Buy) Decided on the 46" Sony Bravia, Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray, free installation and 5 free Blu-Ray movies all for only $1,999. Fantastic Deal. The TV itself retails for $2,199.00. The PS3 retails for $429. Installaltion is a minimum $200.00 and the 5 BR movies are a $175.00 value.

Prior to making the purchase I decided to upgrade to the 52 inch Bravia. It retailed for $2,899.00. I negotiated with the sales person to let me pay the difference in regular retail price ($2,199.00) of the 46 inch Bravia and to price match the Circuit City Ad of $2.699.00 for the 52 inch Bravia. So instead of paying $700.00 additional for the upgrade I only had to pay $500.00 more. I felt that getting the extra 6 inches would be worth it to me in time. I figured I would have the TV for 7-8 years so that would equate to about $75.00 more per year or about $8.00 per month. For me, it was a no brainer.

I decided that I was going to wait until the week after Black Friday to have the TV delivered and set up because I wanted to see if there was any better deal offered during Black Friday. I went out and found out that the deal I was getting was far better than anything offered on BF.

So here's the deal I got:

Sony 52" 1080p Bravia = $2,899.00

Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray = $429.00

Free Intallation = $200.00 (minimum)

Free Delivery and Set Up = $50.00

5 Free Blu-Ray DVD's = $175.00

Total Cost = $3,753.00+

I Paid = $2,499.00 :wacko:

I also purchased an Onkyo 7.1 Surround System at Circuit City on Black Friday for $399.00 (regularly $529.00)

I am in Dallas this week for business and to watch Mr. Favre beat :D the beloved Cowboys on Thursday night. I fly home on Friday morning and my system will be installed and ready to go for College football on Saturday! I'm juiced!

Again, thanks to everyone that helped educate me to make this purchase. I owe you :D

Very sweet! But how did you get the PS3 for $429??? It's $499 every place I looked! :D

I bought mine yesterday at BB. It's pretty cool, but that off road game kicked my ass. :wacko: The web thing is pretty cool.

Congrats, Prof! :D

Very sweet! But how did you get the PS3 for $429??? It's $499 every place I looked! :D

I bought mine yesterday at BB. It's pretty cool, but that off road game kicked my ass. :D The web thing is pretty cool.

Congrats, Prof! :D

I'd like to know the same thing. I am going to be picking one up soon and all I ever see is the $499. Share you secret, profersser. Oh and congrats on the great deal. :wacko:

PlayStation 3 40 GB w/ Bonus Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7964601

you lose 40GB but gain a hundred bucks

also says you get the 5 movies

Blu-ray Offer!

Buy a PlayStation 3 and get five select Blu-ray movies in the mail — free! For a limited time only. Learn more and access your redemption coupon here.

Edited by moneymakers

I swore I saw the PS3 with 10 movies or something for 399 in one of the black friday ads...

BB had a deal w/ 2 movies at purchase, 5 via mail, and 2 games on the 40gb setup only. Never saw one w/ 10. Sony has, as usual, a pretty good strangle hold on the price.

PlayStation 3 40 GB w/ Bonus Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7964601

you lose 40GB but gain a hundred bucks

also says you get the 5 movies

Blu-ray Offer!

Buy a PlayStation 3 and get five select Blu-ray movies in the mail — free! For a limited time only. Learn more and access your redemption coupon here.

You lose more than just 40Gb of HD space LINK.... but it depends on what one's priorities are for the importance of it.

I want to thank each of you that contributed to my request of help to help me replace my 60 inch Hitachi that bit the dust last week, I want to especially thank Avernus who brought great advice and insight to my purchase.

Three days prior to Black Friday I pulled the ttrigger and here's what I decided on:

Sony 52" 1080p :D Bravia

Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray

Onkyo 7.1 Surround System

Went to Best Buy (after multiple trips to Circuit City, Fryes, Video Only and Best Buy) Decided on the 46" Sony Bravia, Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray, free installation and 5 free Blu-Ray movies all for only $1,999. Fantastic Deal. The TV itself retails for $2,199.00. The PS3 retails for $429. Installaltion is a minimum $200.00 and the 5 BR movies are a $175.00 value.

Prior to making the purchase I decided to upgrade to the 52 inch Bravia. It retailed for $2,899.00. I negotiated with the sales person to let me pay the difference in regular retail price ($2,199.00) of the 46 inch Bravia and to price match the Circuit City Ad of $2.699.00 for the 52 inch Bravia. So instead of paying $700.00 additional for the upgrade I only had to pay $500.00 more. I felt that getting the extra 6 inches would be worth it to me in time. I figured I would have the TV for 7-8 years so that would equate to about $75.00 more per year or about $8.00 per month. For me, it was a no brainer.

I decided that I was going to wait until the week after Black Friday to have the TV delivered and set up because I wanted to see if there was any better deal offered during Black Friday. I went out and found out that the deal I was getting was far better than anything offered on BF.

So here's the deal I got:

Sony 52" 1080p Bravia = $2,899.00

Sony PS3 80GB with Blu-Ray = $429.00

Free Intallation = $200.00 (minimum)

Free Delivery and Set Up = $50.00

5 Free Blu-Ray DVD's = $175.00

Total Cost = $3,753.00+

I Paid = $2,499.00 :wacko:

I also purchased an Onkyo 7.1 Surround System at Circuit City on Black Friday for $399.00 (regularly $529.00)

I am in Dallas this week for business and to watch Mr. Favre beat :D the beloved Cowboys on Thursday night. I fly home on Friday morning and my system will be installed and ready to go for College football on Saturday! I'm juiced!

Again, thanks to everyone that helped educate me to make this purchase. I owe you :D

i think that is probably the same Onkyo system that i have and for the money it is a pretty good system too

Looks like you'll be happy with your purchase. How come I never get to negotiate at Best Buy? Stupid Best Buy.

I was able to negotiate the price, TV stand, and delivery charge on my HD TV purchase at BB. Circuit City salesmen, on the other hand, have never budged on any price or service for me, have been universally rude and unhelpful, and consequently I've stopped shopping there!!!