[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 more month

dmarc117

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of everything but bars. There should be bars that are allowed to cater to smokers. Make them post a sign stating it is a smoking establishment. I'm quit smoking about 5 years ago, and most ex-smokers are the biggest smoking nazis, but taking smoke out the bars seems a bit over the top. It's okay to pickle your liver but heaven forbid you get some secondhand smoke.

I like the idea of everything but bars. There should be bars that are allowed to cater to smokers. Make them post a sign stating it is a smoking establishment. I'm quit smoking about 5 years ago, and most ex-smokers are the biggest smoking nazis, but taking smoke out the bars seems a bit over the top. It's okay to pickle your liver but heaven forbid you get some secondhand smoke.

My drinking doesn't pickle the guys liver sitting next to me. Or does it? :D

People's smoking can kill the guy sitting next to you, not to mention make his clothes and hair smell like ass.

i think u can apply for an exemption.....cigar and hookah bars

Under the statewide act, lounges that have a license to serve food or liquor will not be allowed to offer hookah. However, if a business gets 80 percent of its revenue from tobacco-related sales and does not serve food or liquor, hookah smoking will be allowed in the establishment.
Edited by dmarc117

People's smoking can kill the guy sitting next to you, not to mention make his clothes and hair smell like ass.

No, but if you leave the bar drunk and get in your car, you can do some serious damage to the guy next to you. All I'm saying is that some bars should they so choose should be allowed to have smoking provided that at the entrance it is noted that it is a smoking environment. Anyone in a bar is supposed to be an adult, and should no the risks associated with secondhand smoke. The same can't be said for other venues as children are allowed in stadiums, restaurants etc... I have no problem, and actually applaud the government stepping in to protect children, but not adults. Most bars you have to be 18-21 to enter, and if you are old enough to make a decision to drink, then you are old enough to decide whether or not to enter that environment. It all goes back to supply and demand. If there are enough non-smokers to justify a non-smoking bar, then fair to them. I'd love to see some non-smoking bars, but at the same time, I don't think the government should require them as everyone in a bar should be of age, and theoretically if you are old enough to vote, be drafted, and drink, then you should be old enough to make a decision as to whether or not you go into a bar that allows smoking.

I so totally hate these laws. Let the friggen marketplace decide. If you want to allow smoking in your establishment, great. In not, that's great too. The appropriate clientel will visit that establishment. F'ing do gooders and their god damned laws.

I so totally hate these laws. Let the friggen marketplace decide. If you want to allow smoking in your establishment, great. In not, that's great too. The appropriate clientel will visit that establishment. F'ing do gooders and their god damned laws.

+1

If there is enough anti-smoking sentiment to get these laws passed, then there is certainly enough to provide a big enough market advantage to those that voluntarily make their places no-smoking. This coming from one of those who would make his places non-smoking.

As much as I hate coming home smelling like smoke, I have to agree.

agree completely.

republicans are for more government

right, from that bastion of republicanism, chicago, il :D

People's smoking can kill the guy sitting next to you

BS, unless you are literally LIVING at the bar breathing his smoke hours everyday.

i have never been a smoker, and find it to be a filthy, disgusting habit only a moran would be foolish enough to engage in...but it is (or used to be) a free country.

Here's another one for you.

MONTGOMERY -- A Birmingham legislator has filed a bill that would revoke the state's 10-year ban on the sale of sex toys, a prohibition that has drawn national attention and led to lengthy court battles.

Dan Ireland, executive director of the Alabama Citizens' Action Program, a Baptist group, said it would oppose any effort to overturn the law.

"Laws are made to protect the public," he said. "Sometimes you have to protect the public against themselves."

The law prohibits the sale and manufacture of items "designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs." It does not prohibit the possession of those items and provides an exception for devices sold for medical purposes.
:D

been like that for a year now here. I thought I'd hate it as I'm a smoker but it's actually quite nice. I don't go to the bars nearly as much as I used to because of it but it's still nice to walk in and not be overwhelmed by the stench and smoke. I was actually quite surprised how much I didn't miss the smoking indoors scene when I walked into a bar in MI a few weeks ago and was actually taken aback at the smell.

Edited by loaf

California did this over 10 years ago, and I can't remember the days when smoking was allowed. Enjoy it! I know I have.

+1

I appreciate not breathing in second-hand smoke and increasing my chances of lung cancer.

Thank you, California legislators!!! :D

+1

If there is enough anti-smoking sentiment to get these laws passed, then there is certainly enough to provide a big enough market advantage to those that voluntarily make their places no-smoking. This coming from one of those who would make his places non-smoking.

Horrible, Gutless, Hypocritcal legislation.

1) Takes away just a little more freedom. What's next... Jennifer Love Hewiit's Twinkies?

2) If smoking is so bad that this legislation is necessary, then why not make tobacco illegal instead of building the State Coffers on the black lungs of the mindless addicts. Apparently smoking is terrible and can't be tolerated, but we sure do like those taxes! :D

Minnesota is about to make the big switch here as well. I'm not a smoker, and I hate coming home from a bar smelling like smoke, but I hate the ever encroaching nanny-state more than I hate the smell of smoke. :D

BS, unless you are literally LIVING at the bar breathing his smoke hours everyday.

i have never been a smoker, and find it to be a filthy, disgusting habit only a moran would be foolish enough to engage in...but it is (or used to be) a free country.

Congratulations on publishing your study on how second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer. Where did you study medicine anyways?

Smoking pollutes the air that we all must breathe, smoking in public should be banned. If you want to be an idiot and smoke do it in your own house with the windows shut. And if you smoke in your car keep your windows up and put your butts in your ashtray and keep them off our roads and sidewalks.

Congratulations on publishing your study on how second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer.

Well, to be fair it is my understanding that there has never been a credible report showing that second-hand smoke causes cancer... or anything else but stinky clothes for that matter. If such a report exists, surely you can provide a link.

The Government should ban everything from us. We're all too stupid to make our own decisions.

Alcohol is far worse than smoking and kills far more innocent people. We should ban that also.

Smoking is a personal decision that has a direct negative effect on the people around you. Nobody has the right to pollute our breathing air. Without a law how would you suggest we enforce our right to clean breathing air? Fist to cuffs everytime someone lights up in public? Laws are a good thing, they protect the public from idiots.

Well, to be fair it is my understanding that there has never been a credible report showing that second-hand smoke causes cancer... or anything else but stinky clothes for that matter. If such a report exists, surely you can provide a link.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/ETS

First hit on google.