[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK All you Whisky Lovers what's the best

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Thanks folks..... Friend of mine gave me a great bottle of Rum a few months back so I thought I would repay the favor since he's a Whiskey drinker, I would be willing to spend up to a Bill for a good bottle, but I don't drink it, so I had no clue.

Darin..... Just a little over the top??????

You can find a real nice bottle of whiskey for well under $100, no problem.

And yeah, the sigline takes up a good half of my laptop screen. The verbiage is fine, but the font size has to go! :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the flavor of Laphoraig compared to Lagavulin? I've tried the Lagavulin once in the past and wasn't that big of a fan of the smoke flavor. Perhaps it was because it was the 3rd or 4th drink of the night and would be better as a stand alone?

Lagavulin wasn't as smokey or medicinal. Seattle Lawdawg and I cracked open a 15 or 20 year lagavulin right before we headed out for my bachelor party a few years ago. I could drink the lagavulin all night but not the laphoraig.

Edited by twiley

That's way too broad of a question, given the various types of whiskies (or whiskys). As far as your all around, workhouse good stuff, a lot has been mentioned:

Bourbon - Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's, Woodford Reserve

Scotch - Abelour, Macallan 12 year, J. Walker Black Label (despite what sky says)

Irish - Tullamore Dew, Powers, Bushmills 16 year single malt

There is so much variety in scotches, you'd have to rate them in subcategories, mainly based on region.

As far as Scotch goes, I only keep Lagavulin in the house. I just love the stuff.

For Bourbon, Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve are excellent choices. Two others I'd add are Buffalo Trace and Evan Williams Single Barrel. The Evan Williams is cut to 90 proof so it's not killer like the Booker's or Bakers Single Barrel. Those come in at about 125 proof so there's no way you can drink them straight up. They are good though.

Yes, you should add just a splash of water to it to open up the flavors.

Well this got me in the mood yesterday so I stopped at the liquor store on the way home and picked up a bottle of Dalwhinnie 15yr, MaCallan 12yr, and a bottle of Woodford Reserve to add to my inventory.

The Dalwhinne was one I read about on another website yesterday while drooling over scotch and it's pretty good but very mild as far as scotch goes. Might be a good entry level brand if someone is wanting to try it out.

Edited by Atlanta Cracker