[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ike Bruce

Furd

Especially considering that his first 5 years in the league seemed like one long hamstring pull for him. The guy was injured so often that by his 6th year he was almost an afterthought in FF drafts, despite hugh 2nd & 3rd years in the league.

Ture dat - he was untouchable from 2000-2003 or so it seemed like.

The thing I always think of is how Bruce never played in his rookie season and then came out of nowhere in 95 when he had 1781 yards and 13 TDs in his first season playing. He never had another season as good as his first one playing. I can remember hearing about him in training camp that year and wondering if he really could be any good if they never used him as a rookie.

He's an HOFer, and has always been a value pick in the 5th/6th Round or so.

He had two seasons (97 and 98) that were injury prone before going on a mid-career tear that ran until 2004.

Not sure where the mild revisionisms come from.

:D

Uh, he had a great years in '99 and '00 under Warner/Vermeil and was pretty solid through '02.

Nice to see that he still has something left in the tank, as he's a pretty under-appreciated player.

It's partly appearances, but I'll tell you his 2001 stat line isn't as good as it looks: I remember him having 3 of his 6 TDsin a -for me- then meaningless week 14 game. He was my 2nd Rounder that year, and at that point felt he would be overpayed for moving forward.

Also his 12 TD year in 1999 was aided by a 4 TD game as well. He IS streaky.

The thing I always think of is how Bruce never played in his rookie season and then came out of nowhere in 95 when he had 1781 yards and 13 TDs in his first season playing. He never had another season as good as his first one playing. I can remember hearing about him in training camp that year and wondering if he really could be any good if they never used him as a rookie.

I followed his box scores in the preseason of 95. He caught several TD's so I penciled him in as a late round sleeper. I picked him up in the 10th round. Very few people had him on their radar.

He was literally money that season.