[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV Dec. 16th

loaf

did anyone else notice that :

332 MTVHD

MGMHD

Smithsonian HD

74 & 78

were no longer available?

I called and they said that they were now charging $5/month for these channels but I could have them for 3 mos. free. WTH is that? I asked that when more HD becomes available, are they gonna be thrown into this "pack" plan. I already pay $10 extra for HD and now they are segmenting HD channels on us? He said he didn't thing they were gonna throw any others into the "pack" but I find that hard to believe. How can they charge $5 fer 5 channels? It's coming folks...

did anyone else notice that :

332 MTVHD

MGMHD

Smithsonian HD

74 & 78

were no longer available?

I called and they said that they were now charging $5/month for these channels but I could have them for 3 mos. free. WTH is that? I asked that when more HD becomes available, are they gonna be thrown into this "pack" plan. I already pay $10 extra for HD and now they are segmenting HD channels on us? He said he didn't thing they were gonna throw any others into the "pack" but I find that hard to believe. How can they charge $5 fer 5 channels? It's coming folks...

That's bullcrap.

The new deal now is:

Any channel that you receive a standard def equivalent, you get with the $10 hd pack.

Any HD channel that you don't receive in a package would fall into this new one. That's why you still get FoodHD, HGTV-HD, ESPN, and all the rest. The only one from this new block that I watched more than once is the MusicHD channel. I didn't watch it enough to pay for it.