[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riddle me this

polksalet

So I decide to switch from ATT to Alltel. Alltel is requiring two $100 deposits for two phones because we do not have enough credit. No bad credit, just very little. My bro-in-law who has a recent bankruptcy and several grand on credit card bills while making 18k was given a phone without putting up a deposit.

What am I missing here??

Have you already signed a contract with them? If not, I would take this as a sign to bail. There are a lot of service providers out there... surely you can find one that would not require $200 up front for nothing.

what he said

Could be that you are simply a number to them - namely, your FICO score. If you haven't used much credit in the past, then your FICO score is probably too low for theim. As others have said, since you are the customer, tell them to waive the deposit requirement or take your business elsewhere.

The main problem is this, since I spend a lot of time in the wilderness I really need alltel as it works the best out there. I have had company phones from Sprint, Verizon, Alltell, and ATT and Verizon and Alltell work the best. I would go with Verizon but the closest shop in about 90 miles from here in Longview.

Any ideas??

The main problem is this, since I spend a lot of time in the wilderness I really need alltel as it works the best out there. I have had company phones from Sprint, Verizon, Alltell, and ATT and Verizon and Alltell work the best. I would go with Verizon but the closest shop in about 90 miles from here in Longview.

Any ideas??

spend less time in the wilderness :D

Any ideas??

Is it possible that the difference in coverage between Verizon and Alltel was actually because of the phone you were using, and what types of networks it was compatible with? Some phones just use one type of network... some are analog/digital or multi-network compatible so they have more coverage.

You can read up on their network info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alltel#Network_technology

It looks like their coverage is better because they have good roaming agreements with other providers.

Edited by AtomicCEO