[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As Much Fun...

DemonKnight

Maybe that did not sound like i meant it to sound. If i had a son who turned out to be gay, i would definitley not approve of or accept his lifestyle but of course i would love him and want to have a close relationship with my son. I would just not want to be close to his lifestyle or want him brining things that that lifestyle consist of into my home. I did not mean that i would not want to be physcaly close the the gay individiual himself like a homophobe, but i do not want to be close to his lifestyle and surround myself with these practices or surround myself with those who practice this way of life. If i have a son who chooses to be gay, i would still love him and be a father to him and i would never abandon him, but i would never approve of his ways or support his choice and I would pray with all my heart that by showing him love despite of my disapproval that i may one day be able to change his ways without force or without pushing him farther away from my beleifs.

I guess this is where we differ. I do not believe that being gay is a choice. As you express your thoughts, it is my belief that your son would see your disapproval of his "choice" as a rejection of him. In turn, this would likely have a significant impact on your relationship with him. Fortunately, as a statistical likelihood, there is only a relatively small chance that your son could be gay.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is where we differ. I do not believe that being gay is a choice. As you express your thoughts, it is my belief that your son would see your disapproval of his "choice" as a rejection of him. In turn, this would likely have a significant impact on your relationship with him. Fortunately, as a statistical likelihood, there is only a relatively small chance that your son could be gay.

It is one of those situations where It is easy for me to say what i would do but there is actually no way for me to know how i would handle this situation until it actually happens. Lets just hope i do not have to find out. I do know that having a gay son or daughter would never change my view of homosexuality being wrong and immoral. I would just have to learn different ways of dealing with it. But, like i said, i could never really know how i would handle that untill it happens. As far as choice vs genticly programmed, i beleive that God made us all in his perfect image and it is our choice when we decide to stray from what he intended us to be. SInce the Bible is clear that being gay is a sin, i do not beleive that God would geneticly design someone to be born that way, to be born to sin against him. Our sins, and we all have plenty of them, are our own choice. This includes being gay. This is just my opinion and in no way do i fault you for your beleifs that it is not choice but as a Christian that would just not make since for God to design someone to be gay and have no choice but live a sinful life. Also, there has never been any scientific evidence of any kind of genetic difference in a straight person vs a gay person to back the idea that some people are just born gay.

As far as choice vs genticly programmed, i beleive that God made us all in his perfect image and it is our choice when we decide to stray from what he intended us to be. SInce the Bible is clear that being gay is a sin, i do not beleive that God would geneticly design someone to be born that way, to be born to sin against him. Our sins, and we all have plenty of them, are our own choice. This includes being gay. This is just my opinion and in no way do i fault you for your beleifs that it is not choice but as a Christian that would just not make since for God to design someone to be gay and have no choice but live a sinful life.

i can't say i find this very convincing, considering the fact that one of the fundamental beliefs of christianity is that every single one of us is a born sinner.

Also, there has never been any scientific evidence of any kind of genetic difference in a straight person vs a gay person to back the idea that some people are just born gay.

not really true. also, i think it is a pretty well established fact that men with older brothers are far more statistically likely to be gay than men who are the first son, the most common assumption being that it is due to levels of androgen in the mother's womb.

SInce the Bible is clear that being gay is a sin

this isn't as clearly spelled out as you would think as our old friend skins pointed out to me.

somewhere in the past is a 50 page tome where we debated this and it ended up with him calling me tonormanondog and me calling him a eunuch. it was not a pretty sight ...

this isn't as clearly spelled out as you would think as our old friend skins pointed out to me.

somewhere in the past is a 50 page tome where we debated this and it ended up with him calling me tonormanondog and me calling him a eunuch. it was not a pretty sight ...

Yer vile.

just search..."pederasty" :D:D

True ..plus the main mantra is to love all ..including those you may not understand or agree with ( which ofcourse can be hard )

:DHere you go

I'd say that someone is a pretty good fisherman if he casts his line into one pond and ends up hooking fish into a pond he never even heard about.

(In other words, I'm guessing that a number of those comments were made in jest.)