[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wireless keyboards and mice

Duchess Jack

…there seems to be a big difference in prices...

I am looking for something that I can use with the computer I will be hooking up to my TV... I will be around 8 feet away... if possible... I'd like something that can be used with a computer that is in a closed cabinet - but if that isn't doable I can keep the cabinet open when using the computer

How much should I be spending here?

http://www.buy.com/cat/mice-keyboards/50022.html

Edited by Duchess Jack

Cool

I was looking at this one for my PS3. I like logitech stuff, their quality is good and the stuff is solid.

It is very small so the one you show is probably better for your needs. I always get coupons to buy.com in my email so I'd look for one of those if you can.

Cool

I was looking at this one for my PS3. I like logitech stuff, their quality is good and the stuff is solid.

It is very small so the one you show is probably better for your needs. I always get coupons to buy.com in my email so I'd look for one of those if you can.

smaller than I'd like - but it is pretty cool

hmm...

I found this info... pretty interesting.

Sounds like 2.4 or Bluetooth is definately the way to go

There are currently three wireless technologies being used in wireless keyboards:

RF Wireless Keyboards

Radio Frequency-based wireless keyboards allow wireless connection ranges of about 15 feet. The latest 2.4GHz RF standard can provide an extended range of up to 30 feet. In addition, some wireless keyboards using special radio frequencies are capable of providing extremely long wireless connection ranges (100 feet in some instances).

Bluetooth Wireless Keyboards

Bluetooth technology offers a wireless connection range of about 30 feet, but some special Bluetooth-based models can provide an extended range of up to 60 feet. Bluetooth also has the benefit of reduced interference.

IR Wireless Keyboards

IR refers to infrared. An IR wireless keyboard is capable of wireless connection ranges of about 5 to 10 feet. IR technology typically requires direct line of sight connection.

Thanks...

I am going back and forth from New Egg, Buy.Com and Tiger Direct... and I believe all of them have coupon codes online...

I ended up getting this bugger on ebay for $112

http://stores.ebay.com/Blair-Technology-Group

...the 2.2 machine - and I am stoked to get it all set up..

(I actually got three of them... one for my daughter and one for my mom)

I was going to get a PS3 or 360... but have been pretty unhappy with console games for a while now. I am thrilled to go back to my gaming roots. I stopped computer gaming a while back because I didn't want to hide out in my office all the time.

As a general rule, I would prefer a bluetooth. I'm constantly amazed by how far I can get away from my phone and still use my bluetooth headset. I've dealt with some really crappy wireless mice that die at 6 feet. worthless.

funny enough - I haven't been able to find a bluetooth one with a solid review...

I might end up going with this bugger http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/logitech...?tag=prod.txt.3

I have the cheapest logitech they sell at wallymart. This thing sucks. It loses power at about 6 feet. I hear the better ones they sell at wlly are better however.

You can't go wrong with Logitech.... I buy nothing else. Use Newegg... Much simpler return/RMA policy then TigerDirect. And lastly, if your not going to be pushing the limits with gaming, the Bluetooh sounds about right.