[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleep Number Bed

PSULions

My wife and I have a older mattress and we have been having issues with being a little stiff with back and neck issues. I tried out the sleep # bed at a local store and it seems to make my back feel better as the support of the air underneath the cover moves with your body to lessen the pressure points of your back, shoulders and makes my neck more inline with my pillow (we both sleep on our sides).

One local store that carries the sleep # bed has a clearance bed of the 5000 model, that with the foundation and delivery would run me about $1,350. I am seriously consider buying it has it is much cheaper than the Sleep Mattress company that wants about $2,200 for the foundation and delivery.

Any huddlers here with experience with the sleep # bed? Pros, cons, love it or is it just another bed? Would love to here some feedback (good or bad) from people that have it or got rid of one to go back to a normal bed.

Much thanks! :wacko:

Edited by PSULions

Thats a pretty good price for a 5000 model. I bought my sleep number 5 years ago and am a big fan of mine. I've had some back problems over the years, including surgery 5 years ago. I decided at the same time it was time for a new bed. I wasn't sure what kind of mattress I should get to give me the proper support. One of the reasons I bought the sleep number is I figured it would give me the flexibility to adjust the bed until i found the right firmness. It was great for me after the surgery to start out rather low in firmness. But as time went by I found the firmer I got it, the less my back bothered me. I haven't woken up with a back problem in years.

Edited by BillyBalata

:DRecent related thread

Some sleep number posts starting at post #21

Yes, I remember that, but didn't know the Sleep # bed was part of the thread. Sounds like it got mixed reviews... Several other posts, so hopefully, I will get more feedback, which will help me out with making a decision.

Thanks for the link BJ. :wacko:

It's totally adjustable from soft to very firm. If you have a bad back it is just what the Dr odered.

Before I got married, I had a waterbed, which I absolutely loved. I slept like a baby in that thing and loved how it was always warm in the winter and comfortable during the summery. I slept deep and hardly ever woke up when I was sleeping in the waterbed. My wife evidentially made me get rid of it and buy a normal mattress that we have had since 1994. This is the one I am looking to replace with the Sleep # bed, if I make the jump and buy this one from the store.

The sleep # bed sort of reminds me of the waterbed in the fact that the chambers are like those of a waterbed, but are filled by air that moves with your body as you change positions during the night. I also like the idea of on spings that will eventually where out and start losing comfort over the years, which is one of the reasons why the sleep # bed has a 20 year warrenty.

I've had one for a couple of years now. When you 1st start out, it can be very hard to get used too. You can't just sleep at a number 1 night and expect it will work. They recommend 5-7 days at number before you change. Some levels it would feel great in the beginning and then after a few days i would be hurting again. Other times (adjust the number) it wouldn't help at all but if i stuck with it it did seem to get better. I ultimately got to the right number and it was a great sleep.

All that being said i do have a small problem with the balance between my side and the wifes. She has hers very low, 30-35 and i have mine at 65. sometimes this creates a problem when i end up in the middle, i wake up a little stiff :D (no pun intended). We have the Queen 5000 which is pretty big. I think the thing i regret the most was not getting the pillow top version, as this may have help eliminate the midlling issue. :wacko:

I think i paid close to $1500 for mine several years ago, so that seems like a decent price to me.

Any more Q feel free to ask