[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weather swing

chester

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now know how you northerners do it. When we're freezing our nads off down south when it's 30 degrees, y'all might have a light jacket on. I went to Chicago last week for my sister's funeral and was absolutely stunned by how f'kin cold it was. I almost pissed my pants walking out of Midway Airport. It would have froze to my leg. Got down to -5 one night and -9 the next. Freekin' unreal how y'all live in that chit. It warmed up to 32 degrees that Friday and I I said to my BIL, "I never thought I'd see the day when I said this, but 32 degrees actually feels balmy." And that was just after 2-3 days of subzero weather. Gotta give you all props for puttin' upo with that cold chit. :wacko: As for myself, I've had my share of f'kin winter for the year. I was wearing shorts again today at work.

I now know how you northerners do it. When we're freezing our nads off down south when it's 30 degrees, y'all might have a light jacket on. I went to Chicago last week for my sister's funeral and was absolutely stunned by how f'kin cold it was. I almost pissed my pants walking out of Midway Airport. It would have froze to my leg. Got down to -5 one night and -9 the next. Freekin' unreal how y'all live in that chit. It warmed up to 32 degrees that Friday and I I said to my BIL, "I never thought I'd see the day when I said this, but 32 degrees actually feels balmy." And that was just after 2-3 days of subzero weather. Gotta give you all props for puttin' upo with that cold chit. :wacko: As for myself, I've had my share of f'kin winter for the year. I was wearing shorts again today at work.

You should have been at the Packer/Bear game in week 16 - that was some cold chit. Fun but cold - there was a guy on the Packer sideline wearing shorts and a windbreaker - he only survived until halftime and I didn't see him again the rest of the game.

You other midwestern huddlers will understand.

The temp has dropped 60 degrees since yesterday!

It was mid 40s yesterday afternoon and is now negative 15!

Carry on with your lives.

I feel you.

It was approx. 50 Tuesday and got down to a -25 with windchill Wednesday. Not sure what actual was. That's a 75 degree swing in one f'ing day.

We're under a "Heavy Snow Warning" for tonight and tomorrow. We're looking at 8-12 inches in the next 24 hours or so. I know that's not much compared with Buffalo and lake effect snows, but that's a lot for us. I can't remember having two snow days in one week before.

We're under a "Heavy Snow Warning" for tonight and tomorrow. We're looking at 8-12 inches in the next 24 hours or so. I know that's not much compared with Buffalo and lake effect snows, but that's a lot for us. I can't remember having two snow days in one week before.

yep....5-7 here in chicago

Hey all....any update concerning the airport?? I am flying to Vegas for the weekend and connecting through Midway tonight around 8:00. No delay yet from the airline. Has the snow stopped??

its lightly snowing right now. think heavy stuff is coming overnight. with chicago airports, your odds arent too good. gl!

The storm will begin moving into the Chicago area this afternoon with light snow that is expected to get heavier into Thursday evening and overnight, metoroglist Nathan Marsili said. A winter storm watch was issued early this morning for Cook, DuPage and Will counties.

Not that anyone cares but I called Southwest and they offered me an early morning non-stop flight for no extra cost. I grabbed it. Couldn't risk being stuck in Chicago all day tomorrow. Thanks for the update, though.

I am the invisible Internet guy on the other side of the computer screen. I care. Nice to hear an airline letting you be proactive. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

There's cold and there's insanely cold. Northern Minny is insanely cold.

MINNEAPOLIS - It lived up to its name: The temperature in International Falls fell to 40 below zero Monday, just a few days after the northern Minnesota town won a federal trademark making it officially the "Icebox of the Nation."

It was so cold that resident Nick McDougall couldn't get his car trunk to close after he got out his charger to kick-start his dead battery. By late morning, the temperature had risen all the way to 18 — below zero.

"This is about as cold as it gets, this is bad. There's no wind — it's just cold," said McDougall, 48, a worker at The Fisherman, a convenience store and gas station in the town on the Canadian border. "People just don't go out, unless you have to go to work."

Residents of the area use electric engine block heaters to keep their cars from freezing.

"You plug in your car, for sure, and you put the car in the garage if you can," McDougall said. His garage is full of other things, so he had to park outside — a "big mistake."

The previous record low for Feb. 11 in International Falls was 37 below, set in 1967, said meteorologist Mike Stewart at the weather service in Duluth.

The temperature also fell to 40 below in Embarrass, 80 miles southeast of International Falls. That's just one degree above the all-time record in Minneapolis, 250 miles to the south, that was set in January 1888, the weather service said.

All you Floridians and Texans would die instantly in International Falls. :wacko: