[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick Advice

Menudo

Let me know what you think:

Dr.,

Hello. I'm writing this note to let you know how disappointed I am in you as my Doctor. I was in Monday to see you with illness. You checked my chest and throat, and then put me on a prescription for Zithromax & cough medicine with codeine. I asked you what your diagnosis was, and you told me that you felt it was the drip from my sinuses causing the condition in my lungs. I also noticed that on the paper that I left with, you had written "bronchitis" under the diagnosis. The appointment went great, as they always have been with you in the past.

I began taking the medicine on Monday, but, when I woke up both Tuesday and Wednesday, I wasn't feeling any better. In fact, I was feeling a bit worse, if anything. The dry, hacking cough in my lungs was keeping me up at night. I was run down, coughing constantly. I had a sore throat, some nausea, and bad headaches. There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to go into work in this condition. If I had gone into work, it wouldn't have made my co-workers too happy to see me at work in my condition. We work in an open-office environment, and people are expected to stay home and get well, rather than come into work when they are sick

My workplace is very strict in regards to sick day policy. If you miss more than 2 days in a row, you need a Dr.'s excuse for those days. I placed a call today asking to have you fill out a Dr.'s excuse for me regarding the last three days. I was very disappointed with a return call from a nurse, where she informed me that you would sign a note for the first day of absence, but, would not for the other days, as you didn't think I was sick enough to be off work. As a grown, 33 year-old man, I thought I had the ability to be able to determine whether I was well enough to go to work or not. I don't see how in the 10 minutes that you examined me and asked me about my condition that you could determine that at 33 years old, I was either "faking" or "exaggerating" my illnesses. You even told me to call back in a few days if I didn't feel better. It is Wednesday night, and I STILL do not feel better. I was going to give it until tomorrow, to give the medicine more time, and then come back in to be re-examined by you, if necessary. Now, I'm not sure what to do. With work, I will now have to use vacation days for my time off, which is unfortunate, but, I can deal with it. However, what concerns me more, is that this is going to look "fishy" to both my boss and our on-site nurse that I had to change sick days to vacation days. They will wonder why my Doctor didn't write me an excuse for those days off. Luckily, I think I've established enough trust from them, that they will overlook this matter, but, it is a shame that I even have to be concerned about this. I think at the very least, you, as my Doctor, should have called me personally to find out how I was feeling, rather than have a nurse call me and tell me that you determined I wasn't sick enough to miss work the last two days. I'm extremely disappointed. I've always been happy with you in the past, but, sadly, now, I have to consider finding a new Doctor. As you can probably tell, I'm really confused and disappointed with this situation. I would appreciate a reply back from you explaining why you chose to determine that I wasn't sick enough to miss work the last two days without talking to me or seeing me again. Thank you for your time. Take care.

Dr.,

Hello. I'm writing this note to let you know how disappointed I am in you as my Doctor. I was in Monday to see you with illness. You checked my chest and throat, and then put me on a prescription for Zithromax & cough medicine with codeine. I asked you what your diagnosis was, and you told me that you felt it was the drip from my sinuses causing the condition in my lungs. I also noticed that on the paper that I left with, you had written "bronchitis" under the diagnosis. The appointment went great, as they always have been with you in the past.

I began taking the medicine on Monday, but, when I woke up both Tuesday and Wednesday, I wasn't feeling any better. In fact, I was feeling a bit worse, if anything. The dry, hacking cough in my lungs was keeping me up at night. I was run down, coughing constantly. I had a sore throat, some nausea, and bad headaches. There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to go into work in this condition. If I had gone into work, it wouldn't have made my co-workers too happy to see me at work in my condition. We work in an open-office environment, and people are expected to stay home and get well, rather than come into work when they are sick

My workplace is very strict in regards to sick day policy. If you miss more than 2 days in a row, you need a Dr.'s excuse for those days. I placed a call today asking to have you fill out a Dr.'s excuse for me regarding the last three days. I was very disappointed with a return call from a nurse, where she informed me that you would sign a note for the first day of absence, but, would not for the other days, as you didn't think I was sick enough to be off work. As a grown, 33 year-old man, I thought I had the ability to be able to determine whether I was well enough to go to work or not. I don't see how in the 10 minutes that you examined me and asked me about my condition that you could determine that at 33 years old, I was either "faking" or "exaggerating" my illnesses. You even told me to call back in a few days if I didn't feel better. It is Wednesday night, and I STILL do not feel better. I was going to give it until tomorrow, to give the medicine more time, and then come back in to be re-examined by you, if necessary. Now, I'm not sure what to do. With work, I will now have to use vacation days for my time off, which is unfortunate, but, I can deal with it. However, what concerns me more, is that this is going to look "fishy" to both my boss and our on-site nurse that I had to change sick days to vacation days. They will wonder why my Doctor didn't write me an excuse for those days off. Luckily, I think I've established enough trust from them, that they will overlook this matter, but, it is a shame that I even have to be concerned about this. I think at the very least, you, as my Doctor, should have called me personally to find out how I was feeling, rather than have a nurse call me and tell me that you determined I wasn't sick enough to miss work the last two days. I'm extremely disappointed. I've always been happy with you in the past, but, sadly, now, I have to consider finding a new Doctor. As you can probably tell, I'm really confused and disappointed with this situation. I would appreciate a reply back from you explaining why you chose to determine that I wasn't sick enough to miss work the last two days without talking to me or seeing me again. Thank you for your time. Take care.

That about sums it up without being a peckerwood.

Chances are the nurse never told him you were looking for a note.

AMA Dr Finder

I'm not a Dr. I don't play one on TV, but I do speak with them everyday.

A. look for an e-mail address a letter is likely never to get to him, that's what gatekeepers er' nurses are for...

B. Too many Dr's write scripts w/o knowing exactly what's wrong. Not all, just too many.

C. I question if the Dr has a relationship with your company

D. Use the AMA web site to look for a new Dr ask questions. Like if they do their own blood work? a major convenience if they do their own lab work.

AMA Dr Finder

I'm not a Dr. I don't play one on TV, but I do speak with them everyday.

A. look for an e-mail address a letter is likely never to get to him, that's what gatekeepers er' nurses are for...

B. Too many Dr's write scripts w/o knowing exactly what's wrong. Not all, just too many.

C. I question if the Dr has a relationship with your company

D. Use the AMA web site to look for a new Dr ask questions. Like if they do their own blood work? a major convenience if they do their own lab work.

Thanks for the help. My plan is to mail that letter above to him (real mail). Hopefully, he gets it. I still feel like garbage, if that is still the case tomorrow, I am going to try to locate a new Dr. and go see him and explain the situation.

Just a small point:

I'm not sure the part about the diagnosis is germane to the issue of the doctor's lack of follow-up and compassion. If it were me, I would just keep your letter focused on those issues, not on whether the diagnosis was bronchitis or sinusitis.

JMHO. :wacko:

You only get 2 vacation days?

You're unhappy with your doctor, so you're writing him a polite letter?

I don't even know you and I want to tell you to shut up and get me a cup of coffee.

2 sick days - 20 vacation / personal days

Dr.,

Meh... it doesn't even rhyme. Seriously though, it's beyond comprehension that this doctor is judging you on degrees of sickness. Typically, you just tell the receptionist type person that you need a note for x amount of days and presto. Didn't he see the mucus on your terrible towel?