[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers release Morgan and Mike Wahle

Randall

What about Morgan in MIAMI do you think thats a probability, i mean i doubt it cause it looks like miami is trying to get younger but i dont know i mean he plays really well wen healthy but hes injury prone

Morgan's done. He should just walk away and be happy he can still walk, think and go on living relatively normally.

He is not done he should train to stay healthy when he is healthy he is a dominant LB

That is the whole problem. Two years ago he bought a hyperbolic (?) chamber to training camp in an effort to heal faster and help stay healthy. He made it out of camp fine, but was done for the year within about 1 1/2 quarters in the opening game. Last year, year it was his achilles heel that ended his season after about 3 or 4 games, so he actually played in about 4 games in the last two years.

As a HUGH Panther fan, I am sorry that his health has been a problem, as we were a better team with him on the field, however, he hasn't been on the field on a regular basis since 2005. He is a terrific player and I am sure he really wants to play, but speaking from someone that had a severe brain injury about 5 years ago, you never realize how difficult it is to have your brain heal. I had two surgeries, six-months of speech therapy and I am about 98% recovered and will likely never see 100% again. You couldn't tell about my injury without me telling you about it, so I am lucky. Morgan is one more concussion away that could result in a lifetime of memory loss, speech problems, seizures, etc.... that could negatively impact the rest of his life, and it just isn't worth it.

He should hang them up and get into coaching as a way to stay involved into the game. I hope no team takes a chance on him and he gets good advice from his friends to quit playing, while he can still function normally. Great guy, teammate, players.... but his time playing should be done.

Supposedly the Saints are focusing now on Morgan since Zach went to Dallas. I'd be fine with Morgan as long at they brought in a high draft pick also. Of course an injured Morgan is probably better than a healthy Simoneau anyway. All he'd have to do is lay in the middle of the field & he'd get more tackles just from players tripping over him. :wacko:

but speaking from someone that had a severe brain injury about 5 years ago, you never realize how difficult it is to have your brain heal. I had two surgeries, six-months of speech therapy and I am about 98% recovered and will likely never see 100% again. You couldn't tell about my injury without me telling you about it, so I am lucky. Morgan is one more concussion away that could result in a lifetime of memory loss, speech problems, seizures, etc.... that could negatively impact the rest of his life, and it just isn't worth it.

I haven't had anything as serious as the injuries you had, but I have had three serious concussions, and I still get migraine headaches which usually comes with blurred vision. My last concussion was when I was 16 years old and it's still with me from time to time, so yeah I agree with you completely on Morgan needed to just walk away. Unfortunately football is really all this guy knows, and he can't give it up.

Thank you. One of the 1% of my injury that I still deal with, which is spelling words that are little used in normal vocab.

I was going to insert a joke about Morgan's hyperbolic chamber being "the greatest invention EVER" but didn't have time.