[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Spiderwick Chronicles

whomper

Took the Whomps to see this yesterday and we enjoyed it . It had a good storyline and great special effects. I would say be advised that anyone under 5 might get scared of this movie. My 4 year old made it through but we had some tense moments with some of the freaky looking creatures. Without giving any secrets away its about a family that moves into a house of their anscestors and the one boy finds a book that was made by his great great uncle. The boy and his brother and sister need to keep this book out of the hands of evil. The evil are some very cool looking freaky creatues (goblins etc) It had some good action and twists. I didnt use spoilers in this post because everything I explained is laid out in the movie. I didnt give away any surprises. I'd say kids maybe 6-7 and up would like it and parents would enjoy it as well.

Sounds good. The sad part is I've never even heard of it. I remember the days when I used to go to the mall/movies on a weekly basis. Now I couldn't even name 2 movies that are out in the theatres now. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Sounds good. The sad part is I've never even heard of it. I remember the days when I used to go to the mall/movies on a weekly basis. Now I couldn't even name 2 movies that are out in the theatres now. :D

I havent seen a movie for adults in years :wacko: We go see pretty much every kid oriented movie that comes out. This one is made by Nickolodean. The only drawback was its a little scary for little ones. It was one of those that the parents can enjoy with the kids.

I stayed up late and watched "The Legend of Bagger Vance", "Running Scared", and "They Live" last night. I only realized recently that for some reason I get Encore movie channels. I have no idea why.

"They Live" is awesome. :wacko:

My 6 yr old found it a bit too frightening, but overall enjoyed it ...

Yep. My 7 year old loved it but it had moments she was afraid of too.

Took the Whomps to see this yesterday and we enjoyed it . It had a good storyline and great special effects. I would say be advised that anyone under 5 might get scared of this movie. My 4 year old made it through but we had some tense moments with some of the freaky looking creatures. Without giving any secrets away its about a family that moves into a house of their anscestors and the one boy finds a book that was made by his great great uncle. The boy and his brother and sister need to keep this book out of the hands of evil. The evil are some very cool looking freaky creatues (goblins etc) It had some good action and twists. I didnt use spoilers in this post because everything I explained is laid out in the movie. I didnt give away any surprises. I'd say kids maybe 6-7 and up would like it and parents would enjoy it as well.

On the "scare factor", you pretty much hit the ages right on.

My 4yr old covered his eyes quite a bit and ended up sitting on my lap, while my 6yr old boy loved it.