[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

73 hours and no cigarette

isleseeya

Toothpicks and sugarless gum are good ideas. What helped me when the cravings were strongest was eating sunflower seeds. Until I quit smoking I hadn't eaten seeds in a long time. Cracking open the seeds and throwing out the shells kept my hands busy so I didn't miss the cigs as much. After a few weeks, the cravings weakened tremendously.

You can do it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toothpicks and sugarless gum are good ideas. What helped me when the cravings were strongest was eating sunflower seeds. Until I quit smoking I hadn't eaten seeds in a long time. Cracking open the seeds and throwing out the shells kept my hands busy so I didn't miss the cigs as much. After a few weeks, the cravings weakened tremendously.

You can do it.

I like this idea ..thanks as i think i will go with the seeds

142 hrs and counting with no cigarette :D:wacko:

still going strong boys :moon:

That's 6+ days Isle! Very good! :D It gets a little easier after 7 days, but that little voice will still try and talk you into "just one". Don't listen to it. And try to stay away from alcohol for another couple weeks. That little voice gets fired up with a few brews in your system. I feel like an idiot for starting again after 2+ years. You can do it!

If you do something 21 times it becomes a pattern, after 21 days it becomes MUCH better. After 10 days the cravings subside and the physical additction goes away.

Isle, seriously take a few hours and read here www.whyquit.com This is the best site for quitting smoking, they have everything you can think of on there.

If you do something 21 times it becomes a pattern, after 21 days it becomes MUCH better. After 10 days the cravings subside and the physical additction goes away.

Isle, seriously take a few hours and read here www.whyquit.com This is the best site for quitting smoking, they have everything you can think of on there.

Thanks a bunch and good info here :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Well this should be my last post on this thread ...while I know the urge to smoke never really leaves you completely , I feel like I can very confidently state that I am now a non smoker ..a little more than two weeks without a cigarette ....urge is not as strong as it was 10 days ago and passed a big hurdle today as I had to do a lot of driving alone ( about 6 hrs worth ) and I always smoked a lot in my car ...again had somew urges today but nothing ground shaken

I am a quitter :D

Thanks to all huddlers who offered words of encouragement and support ....I mean that sincerely :wacko:

Edited by isleseeya

Good job, Isleseeya. Now I have to back track and see how you did this. My wife is always looking for something to help her quit but nothing seems to work. She did last about a week going cold turkey once but that is about her record.

Good job, Isleseeya. Now I have to back track and see how you did this. My wife is always looking for something to help her quit but nothing seems to work. She did last about a week going cold turkey once but that is about her record.

Hey skippy . I went cold tiurkey , as I sort of had to ..... After my achille's surgery a few weeks ago , I developed a blot clot in my leg ...smoking apparently had a big part in the developement of the clot ...so they told me I had to stop smoking and plus I was hospitalized and could not smokeb for a few days....when I got out I decided I was done with smoking ...37 years old , wife and 4 kids , was reason enough but when healthy is involved it becomes that much more urgent

Glad I did quit