[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

73 hours and no cigarette

isleseeya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good News :wacko: I would get the nicotine patch for when you leave. Its how I quit and I swear by it. I am not sure if you are out of the hospital yet but if you arent it may get tougher for you when you leave. This will help take the edge off. Good luck

just saw the other thread. You're home..Check out the patch if cold turkey gets too tough. Its gradual and it works.

Edited by whomper

Hang in there. Stay away from booze for a while and start exercising regularly. When I quit chewing, I would run upto 7 miles per day. It made me higher then nicotine had ever taken me.

As others have said, get the patch or gum just in case.

Proud of your attempt man. I know how tough it can be.

Hang in there. Stay away from booze for a while and start exercising regularly. When I quit chewing, I would run upto 7 miles per day. It made me higher then nicotine had ever taken me.

As others have said, get the patch or gum just in case.

Proud of your attempt man. I know how tough it can be.

I think this is highly recommended while on the coumadin anyway IIRC

Took me many years of trying to quit before it finally stuck. What finally worked for me: having kids. Sure, they're a little more expensive than the patch, and not quite as flushable once you're done with them. But in the long run, I think it was worth it.

Edited by yo mama

good luck ive been off the cope for 30 days.. ive only gained 15 pounds :wacko: but it s worth it

I am fighting the weight thing too lately. I need to exercise daily to lose any weight.

Damn do I have an appetite now. Food sure taste much better also.

Many positives to quiting.

longest i have gone without nicotine in 10 years ...looks like i am on my way to quitting ...so far so good although i am a bit edgy

thanks to hospital stay i got a 3 day head start without smoking and i do not want to waste it

time to man up and quit finally :D

Excellent. I think 5 days is the hurdle as far as the phsical addiction is concerned. ou are well on your way. :wacko:

Remember you are the Giants and the cigarettes are the 18-0 Patriots. You can do it.

I quit about 6 months ago and it is nice not coughing up a lung every morning. I can definitely tell a hugh difference in my breathing and overall health. Put on about 20 pounds, but I could stand to. I'd never go back to smoking. I still get the urge once in awhile, but it's all mind over matter. I take a deep breath now and am able to exhale without hacking. My wallet is fuller too.

However, I'll never be one of those people that preach or force people to quit. I smoked 20 years and now feel great is all. You can definitely tell a difference after a few months. Good luck to ya. :wacko:

Hang tough with it Isle.

Pretty much the same way I quit last year. 3 weeks in the hospital gave me a good head start. :wacko: After that, I figured I had to stick with it and at the very least take something positive away from the whole deal.

And like Tim said....it sure feels a whole lot better in the mornings! :D

Excellent. I think 5 days is the hurdle as far as the physical addiction is concerned.

No it isn't. I'm 9 days into quitting right now and it isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would but there hasn't been any real difference between day one and day nine.

No it isn't. I'm 9 days into quitting right now and it isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would but there hasn't been any real difference between day one and day nine.

really ? i always thought and heard 3 to 7 days to get the chemical components of cigarettes out of your system and then the rest is psychological

anyway over 3 days in and i fell pretty good and urgen not too strong

Glad to hear that you're giving up that killer habit. You'll be much better off in the long run. Just try and hold it together as I know from seeing relatives make an attempt at it, how challenging it can be.

really ? i always thought and heard 3 to 7 days to get the chemical components of cigarettes out of your system and then the rest is psychological

anyway over 3 days in and i fell pretty good and urgen not too strong

That's true but the psychologiacal part is very hard. Your mind tells you how good a cigarette would taste right now.

Lying bastard. :wacko: If you do smoke one it'll taste horrible.

Be careful. You will have peaks and valleys of strength. Watch out.

It takes about a year for the mental habit to cease. After a few months though your urges will slow way down. And after a few months food will taste much better and after a few years your lungs will be pretty clean(dependng on how long and how much you smoked).

:wacko: Keep it up :D

I quit about 8 years ago so I feel your pain...... But dammm it is worth it

Stay clean until the next Cowboys/Giants game and I will wear a Giants hat while watching the game

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Good News :D I would get the nicotine patch for when you leave. Its how I quit and I swear by it. I am not sure if you are out of the hospital yet but if you arent it may get tougher for you when you leave. This will help take the edge off. Good luck

just saw the other thread. You're home..Check out the patch if cold turkey gets too tough. Its gradual and it works.

I disagree. If you've already been without nicotine for 73 hours, you're almost there. Why start feeding your system more nicotine when your body is getting used to not having it. Try toothpicks if you something to put in your mouth. You're talking to a professionalsmoking quitter here. :wacko: I will have to do it again as I started back up last August. When I do, I refuse to use a nicotine crutch as that's what I'm trying to kick.

My problem is staying off of them when something stressful comes along. 2007 was filled with stress for me. And I finally caved after being off them for over 2 years. :D

Good luck Isle! I'm pulling for ya! My old man used to tell me when he felt an uncontrollable urge to smoke in the evening, he'd just go to bed.

I disagree. If you've already been without nicotine for 73 hours, you're almost there. Why start feeding your system more nicotine when your body is getting used to not having it. Try toothpicks if you need something to put in your mouth. You're talking to a professionalsmoking quitter here. :wacko: I will have to do it again as I started back up last August. When I do, I refuse to use a nicotine crutch as that's what I'm trying to kick.

My problem is staying off of them when something stressful comes along. 2007 was filled with stress for me. And I finally caved after being off them for over 2 years. :D

Good luck Isle! I'm pulling for ya! My old man used to tell me when he felt an uncontrollable urge to smoke in the evening, he'd just go to bed.

Well I'm sure glad that toothpicks were your suggestion. They are a bit thinner than cigarettes though.

Edited by irish