[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Salisbury let go from ESPN

Savage Beatings

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Thanks, I know the definition of sarcasm. Sarcasm or not, from what you posted it was unclear whether or not you knew that SAS did, in fact, play college basketball. Dude was decimated by injury and was, by admission, a rather average player. But at the guy at least has some experience in the game. More than me, you, or anyone else here.
:D

How do you know how much experience I have with the game? I played in high school. And have been playing on a city league team for about 8 years now. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter leagues. Not to mention I was an assistant coach of a high school girls basketball team for two years in the late 90's. I am sure it was hard for SAS to stay in a game because his big ol' head probably made it hard for him to dribble and shoot the ball.

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

I liked Salisbury and when/if he goes to NFLN, it only makes them look that much better than ESPN in comparison...

I like Eisen, Woodson, Faulk and adding Salisbury would be great....if they would just drop Deion for Irvin...I think that would be the best lineup for sundays...

I think that I am one of the few people here who actually liked Sean Salisbury. I didn't always agree with his take, but I think he showed a lot of football knowledge and did a pretty decent job for ESPN. Oh well, time to move on Sean. :wacko:

i liked him when he first started out with ESPN but the past few years his head has gotten BIGGER and BIGGER and his shtick sucked.

Also, he reportedly was suspended for showing cell-phone photos of his penis to colleagues at the network.

Alright, well that's pretty gross and pathetic. I wasn't aware of this little tidbit. Why in the world would you be showing other colleagues your twig and berries? :wacko:

Because pro athletes are generally uneducated, egotistical morans who think that every woman in the world still wants them when they're 10 years removed from an unsuccessful pro career.

Despite his arrogance, I thought that he was a decent analyst. Too bad that he couldn't act like an adult at work.

On the flip side, they hired Cris Carter.

Nice. Thought he was good on Inside The NFL and liked him as a player as well.

:wacko:

How do you know how much experience I have with the game? I played in high school. And have been playing on a city league team for about 8 years now. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter leagues. Not to mention I was an assistant coach of a high school girls basketball team for two years in the late 90's. I am sure it was hard for SAS to stay in a game because his big ol' head probably made it hard for him to dribble and shoot the ball.

:D

Just 'cuz you rode pine at some podunk high school and now run with a bunch of fat attorneys with your matching head and arm sweatbands doesn't mean you're anywhere close to what Smith accomplished.

Also, he reportedly was suspended for showing cell-phone photos of his penis to colleagues at the network.

Alright, well that's pretty gross and pathetic. I wasn't aware of this little tidbit. Why in the world would you be showing other colleagues your twig and berries? :wacko:

What a tool. Why would you go showing cell phone pictures when you're standing right there! You can show them the real thing! :D

Not to mention Steven A. has so much experience playing the game of basketball. It's kind of hard not to take him seriously. :wacko:

Either way, playing experience doesn't have to relate to being an analyst. Charlie Weis never played and he's a pretty good OC... Howard Cossell wasn't a football player, but he did pretty well on MNF... I think this thought process leaves us with a bunch of meatheads sitting behind mic's.

I know dude...it was a joke.

Maybe THIS will help you...

sarcasm

Pronunciation:

\ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\

Function:

noun

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm

2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm

Who is this tool calling out Darin?

On the flip side, they hired Cris Carter.

The reason why they let Salisbury go.

I liked Salisbury and when/if he goes to NFLN, it only makes them look that much better than ESPN in comparison...

I like Eisen, Woodson, Faulk and adding Salisbury would be great....if they would just drop Deion for Irvin...I think that would be the best lineup for sundays...

I would stop watching NFLN if they hired Irvin. He has a radio show in the Dallas area and it's just painful... Yesterday he was ranting about how Randy Moss is expendable because you can find speed guys, but guys like Wes Welker can't be found... He then went onto say that the Cowboys should go after Moss, but only if Moss understood that this was TO's team... He's painful. I've quit listening to ESPN radio after The Heard wraps up daily.

Just 'cuz you rode pine at some podunk high school and now run with a bunch of fat attorneys with your matching head and arm sweatbands doesn't mean you're anywhere close to what Smith accomplished.

Come on now, he could have accomplished more, but his HS coach had an agenda and was against him...

Like the guy or not (and for the record, I find him annoying, too), the guy has done pretty well for himself. Are you an ESPN analyst and/or sports radio personality? Didn't think so.

Seriously, who is the tool that is messing with you?

His name in itself is contradictory... KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Or you a KSU or Tarheel fan?

I'm changing my name to UMPackersLonghornsTronjansFan

Like the guy or not (and for the record, I find him annoying, too), the guy has done pretty well for himself. Are you an ESPN analyst and/or sports radio personality? Didn't think so.

I think he was a sports writer right here in NC. I agree he has done well for himself. I guess one of his positives is that he does a better job than Emmit Smith. If I had to choose between firing him or Salsbury, then I would have to agree with you and let Salsbury go. They both needed to be gone IMO.

:wacko: No worries mate, we bantered a bit in the Non Football Forum about college hoops. We have a good, well-mannered history. :D

And btw, I'm not saying on-court/field experience has much to do with success as a coach or analyst or whatever. I think it helps, but it's not an end-all. I was pounding the Smith/Salisbury comparison because both are considered, by many, as "annoying", and both had somewhat unspectacular careers ON the court/field. Salisbury, at least, made it to the larger stage.

explanation?

I attended undergrad at K-State back in 94. I became a KSU football fan. I also became a Chiefs fan. I was born in NC and was born a Tarheel. The first outfit my dad bought for me at birth was a Tarheel BASKETBALL uniform. Lifetime Tarheel Basketball fan. Since college KSU football fan. And the first NFL team I had the opportunity to follow was the Chiefs. Does that help you out? Tool out... :wacko:

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

"I have grown as much as I can at ESPN and decided to expand my horizons," Salisbury said in a statement. "I have created a brand and it's time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them."

what an obnoxious tool. good riddance, and good luck with all those "expanding horizons" :wacko:

Too many wrongs here. First of all, where are all the people bashing John Clayton for not being a football player? Steven A. knows as much about basketball as any analyst knows about the sport they cover. I can live with any delivery style as long as the content is accurate and thoughtful. Frankly, no other analyst knows the NBA like him right now, other than maybe Ernie Johnson.

As for Salisbury....I could live with the bravado if his opinions were accurate. The guy is just flat wrong way too often. To me, he never understood the big picture well enough to have the job that he had.