[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm A Learner!

The Holy Roller

Yesterday I spent eight and a half hours moderating an "Academic Challenge" for the nerds our high school's Scholar Bowl. The questions that these kids are supposed to be able to answer are downright incredible. Some of the math problems I read were beyond description and yet these geniuses are popping off correct answers before I'm even done reading the problem. If you ever doubt that there are still some incredibly bright young Americans out there go to one of these Scholar Bowls and be prepared to be blown away.

I learned that ransom money is tax deductible.

Every kid there knew the atomic weight of every thing. Convert degrees celsius to kelvin..no problem. Homer Simpson's boss? Even the middle iniital.

Made me proud to be an American. :wacko:

Edited by The Holy Roller

Convert degrees celsius to kelvin..no problem.

Easier one. Kelvin is the metric scale in regard for absolute zero instead of where water freezes. Add 273 (nearest degree) to Celsius to get Kelvin. :wacko:

Homer Simpson's boss? Even the middle iniital.

M?

Owner of the Springfield Nuclear Plant, Monty Burns, sometimes goes by his full name of Charles Montgomery Burns, but more often with the first name initialized: C. Montgomery Burns.

Meh...if they want to really impress , let one of them lick their own elbow ...physically impossible to do so

Seriously that's pretty cool HR and always good to see our youth using their brains positively :wacko:

What I am learning from this thread is less that these kids were smart and more that the Holy Roller is stupid.

Oh yeah? Well...well...

I know you are but what am I!

:wacko:

Ya yupper.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Yup. A yupper.

BJ has it right; it's "yooper".

A "yupper" sounds like someone from the UP who drives a Beemer and sells stocks or something.

BJ has it right; it's "yooper".

A "yupper" sounds like someone from the UP who drives a Beemer and sells stocks or something.

Ya, I guess you're right. :wacko: What was the name of that movie with Jeff Daniels about the UP and deer hunting? One of the funniest movies you never hear about.