[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Literary folk

whomper

My wife and I went to an estate sale on sunday at a landmark home in my in laws town. This place was built in the 1700s and the woman that just recently moved out of there into an assisted living facility is 106 years old and a relative of the original owners. Anyway this place had asome very cool items for sale . Some vintage furniture and silver plates and tools (the original owner was a blacksmith) The walls had these murals painted on them . Just a very interesting place to go through. Anyway they had a hugh library. The books were things they were looking to sell pretty cheap at this point because they are heavy and there were a lot of them So they had a deal of 10 books for a dollar but you had to take 10. So I figured I will grab 10 keeping some huddlers possible interests in mind and if you guys want these I can send them out to you. If nobody wants them I am just gonna give them to the library or toss them. They are not all in the best condition but they looked like stuff that may interest wiegie . I I mean you guys. If you see anything that interests you let me know. I guess we have to go first come fiirst serve. I will send multiple to one guy too if this thread hangs there and there isnt much interest. I thought these could be pretty interesting if you are in to this type of thing..Here we go

1. Three Hundred Years of American Painting By Alexander Eliot (art editor of time) 1957

2. A History of the Modern World by R.R Palmer 1954

3. An Anthology of World Poetry Edited by Mark Van Doren 1928

4. Patterns of Government. The Major Political systems of Europe by Samuel H. Beer & Adam Ulam 1958

5. Churchill:Portrait of greatness by Relman Morin 1965

6. Europe: From the Renaissance to Waterloo by Robert Ergang 1954

7. The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper

8. Pictoral History of American Presidents by John and Alice Durant 1955

9. Rabble in Arms: A Chronicle of Arundel and the Burgoyne Invasion by Kenneth Roberts 1937

10. WE by Charles A. Lindbergh 1927

Edited by whomper

I will strike through the ones that are gone. For the record. I am not sure if I was clear. These are no charge. I paid a dollar for all 10.

Hey whomp as usual you show an act of kindness and thoughtfulness

I maybe interested in #3 and # 10 if they are available ...I want to pay for shipping fr sure obviously and give you a dollar each

Let me know if either of those books are available ?

Thanks bro

Hey whomp as usual you show an act of kindness and thoughtfulness

I maybe interested in #3 and # 10 if they are available ...I want to pay for shipping fr sure obviously and give you a dollar each

Let me know if either of those books are available ?

Thanks bro

3 and 10 are available..PM me your address

Edited by whomper

Whomp, I'll take History of the Modern World.

I'll PM my address and will just take shipping costs (plus 10 cents) out of your 4983 entry fee.

Done

Darn you all who took #2 and #3!!!

And can you hold #4 and #6 for me

You are welcome to 4 & 6 but I cant hold them unless you confirm you want them

You are welcome to 4 & 6 but I cant hold them unless you confirm you want them

I'll get back to you tomorrow since I have a history teacher who loves these kinds of things and I just want to make sure he wants them. Is that alright? Or I can just say right now to send them.

I'll get back to you tomorrow since I have a history teacher who loves these kinds of things and I just want to make sure he wants them. Is that alright? Or I can just say right now to send them.

OK let me know today.

OK. These will go out over the next few weeks. Enjoy. I am sending them from work so dont be surprised if I put the word apparel next to your name :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...