[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kalifornia...the new Nazi regime.

I Like Soup

I mean, you have knives at home so might as well charge you for attempted murder while we are at it.

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate RevenuePolice raid Riverside, California parking lot to issue modified car tickets at local car enthusiast gathering.Using state and federal gas tax money to pay for overtime, nine police agencies in Riverside, California sent more than one hundred police officers to surround a gathering of automotive enthusiasts. Owners of imported sport compact cars had gathered at the Canyon Crossing shopping center on Friday night to swap stories, talk about their passion for cars and show off the latest enhancements to their rides. At around 11pm police surprised participants by blocking all exits with fifty police cruisers. Officers then began a warrantless search and interrogation operation of the 150 vehicles that were present."If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"Police issued a total of forty-eight tickets for "engine modifications" with police accusing the owners of the parked vehicles of being street racers. Another fifty tickets were issued for paperwork violations, dark window tinting and lack of a front license plate. The most revenue, however, will be generated from the fees imposed on twenty vehicles that were confiscated. Despite labeling the parking lot raid as taking place at a "street racing venue," Riverside Police offered no evidence that any street racing actually took place.Across the state, gas tax funds are regularly used to fund similar crackdowns that generate big revenue. In 2004, the California Highway Patrol issued a total of 101,553 "modified car" citations worth $10.5 million according to CHP data obtained by TheNewspaper.Other law enforcement agencies participating in Friday night's raid included the California Highway Patrol, Riverside County Sheriff's Department, and police from Baldwin Park, Fontana, Irwindale, Moreno Valley, Ontario and Mount San Jacinto Community College

Kalifornia is out of control.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like Minority Report and these guys are all members of the Bureau of Future Crime.

I would fight that for sure. To the best of my knowledge you cannot be ticketed or your property taken on the suspicion of you doing something illegal with it. That violates our constitutional rights of illegal search and seizure. Now if the item itself is illegal then that is a different story. For example: long tube headers on a car are illeegal because they do not pass Kailifornia's emissions standards.

That's like Minority Report and these guys are all members of the Bureau of Future Crime.

I would fight that for sure. To the best of my knowledge you cannot be ticketed or your property taken on the suspicion of you doing something illegal with it. That violates our constitutional rights of illegal search and seizure. Now if the item itself is illegal then that is a different story. For example: long tube headers on a car are illeegal because they do not pass Kailifornia's emissions standards.

+1.

And, for the record, this has nothing to do with Democrats / Republicans and everything to do with using driving as a cash cow. That is why many interstates are speed limited well below what is necessary for safety and infested with SP troopers - they want your money, it's that simple.

+1.

And, for the record, this has nothing to do with Democrats / Republicans and everything to do with using driving as a cash cow. That is why many interstates are speed limited well below what is necessary for safety and infested with SP troopers - they want your money, it's that simple.

they just did this with a new stretch of highway just opened here. its wide open, new smooth lanes, and speed limit is set at 55. pigs everywhere.

+1.

word--the fabled German autobahns are a hell of a lot narrower and winding than our interstate highways and they rarely have a shoulder to speak of on either side of the lanes--yet the past few times I have driven on them it seemed perfectly reasonable to drive 140 kmh (87 mph) and when I slowed down to 130 it felt like I was crawling (and even when I went up to 165 (102 mph) it didn't seem that bad (and this was in a Corolla)).

(Although if I am honest, I really think their ought to be some sort of a speedlimit on the autobahns--I have seen more than a few near misses that would have been catastrophic (typically caused when somebody going around 150 tries to pass someone going 140 only to have someone going about 210 come flying up behind them in the left lane).)

word--the fabled German autobahns are a hell of a lot narrower and winding than our interstate highways and they rarely have a shoulder to speak of on either side of the lanes--yet the past few times I have driven on them it seemed perfectly reasonable to drive 140 kmh (87 mph) and when I slowed down to 130 it felt like I was crawling (and even when I went up to 165 (102 mph) it didn't seem that bad (and this was in a Corolla)).

(Although if I am honest, I really think their ought to be some sort of a speedlimit on the autobahns--I have seen more than a few near misses that would have been catastrophic (typically caused when somebody going around 150 tries to pass someone going 140 only to have someone going about 210 come flying up behind them in the left lane).)

I've never driven out there, but I've heard that Germans are usually a lot more focused on their driving on the Autobahn (two hands on the wheel, no cells phones, harsh penalties for impaired driving, etc.). I've also heard that they tend to not drive in the left-hand lane, using it only for passing. Is that accurate?

I think that is probably what's going on here. they're not going to seize a bunch of cars based on the hunch that they *might* be fixin to race. the cars probably had all sorts of illegal modifications. not saying I like the lame "sting" tactic here, but that article is nothing but spin.

I've never driven out there, but I've heard that Germans are usually a lot more focused on their driving on the Autobahn (two hands on the wheel, no cells phones, harsh penalties for impaired driving, etc.). I've also heard that they tend to not drive in the left-hand lane, using it only for passing. Is that accurate?

People are generally pretty focused on driving on the autobahn from my experience. I have yet to see anyone pass on the right in the oft chance a car is passing on the left in a line of cars. The Germans/Austrian are very rules focused. Not to mention, they don't just get a license for showing up and driving around the block.

Edited by I Like Soup

Another example of fine, fine Democrat authority.

You know they are making home schooling your children in kaliphornia illegal too?

New Orleans, kali, detroit, Cincinnati, d.c, how many more examples to we need?

I thought Arnold was a republican.

All of what you have written is accurate. (It seems to me that if you aren't focused on your driving while you are on the autobahn, you are likely to end up dead sooner rather than later. I'm not joking.)

My twin midget is also correct that it is not easy to get a driver's license over here.

All of what you have written is accurate. (It seems to me that if you aren't focused on your driving while you are on the autobahn, you are likely to end up dead sooner rather than later. I'm not joking.)

My twin midget is also correct that it is not easy to get a driver's license over here.

:wacko:

:ipquivering:

:D

Lets stick to talking about Nazis wiegie...:goingouttoshootmyselfberightback:

I think that is probably what's going on here. they're not going to seize a bunch of cars based on the hunch that they *might* be fixin to race. the cars probably had all sorts of illegal modifications. not saying I like the lame "sting" tactic here, but that article is nothing but spin.

Yeah, and they don't sieze a wad of cash because you "might" be dealing drugs.

You have way to much faith in the government.

Yeah, and they don't sieze a wad of cash because you "might" be dealing drugs.

You have way to much faith in the government.

total non sequitur. I mean, I suppose it is theoretically possible the police seized a bunch of perfectly street legal cars simply because a bunch of guys were sitting around innocently comparing fartpipes. it does not strike me as likely, however. I'm betting they were NOT street legal, and that is the justification under which they were seized, not some imagined future crime.

here is a somewhat more neutral account of the same bust...

3 Arrested, 20 Cars Seized In Street Racing Bust

RIVERSIDE, Calif. Three people were arrested, 100 citations issued and 20 cars were impounded after more than 150 street racers were corralled early Saturday morning by nearly 100 police officers at a shopping center near Moreno Valley.

Police checked the more than 150 cars and impounded 20 of them, Riverside police spokesman Steven Frasher said in a statement. One of the impounded cars had a stolen engine and transmission, while another 14 had altered engines or identification information.

The citations issued were for vehicle code violations. Another 48 citations were issued for illegal engine modifications common in street racing.

Racers had been tearing up the streets for the past several Friday nights at Canyon Crossing, 6187 Valley Springs Parkway, Frasher said. The shopping center is within the Riverside city limits next to Moreno Valley. The crackdown was conducted by a multi-agency task force.

One arrest was for speed exhibition, one for resisting arrest and the third for being drunk in public.

"We want to send a powerful message that street racing will not be tolerated," Riverside police Sgt. Skip Showalter said in a release.

so, all of the citations were for actual violations (not imagined future ones), and the bust was predicated on regular racing that had been going on at the same location.

total non sequitur. I mean, I suppose it is theoretically possible the police seized a bunch of perfectly street legal cars simply because a bunch of guys were sitting around innocently comparing fartpipes. it does not strike me as likely, however. I'm betting they were NOT street legal, and that is the justification under which they were seized, not some imagined future crime.

here is a somewhat more neutral account of the same bust...

so, all of the citations were for actual violations (not imagined future ones), and the bust was predicated on regular racing that had been going on at the same location.

This story was so much more entertaining before you came along and f'ed it all up. :wacko:

People are generally pretty focused on driving on the autobahn from my experience. I have yet to see anyone pass on the left in the oft chance a car is passing on the left in a line of cars. The Germans/Austrian are very rules focused. Not to mention, they don't just get a license for showing up and driving around the block.

I did a lot of driving in England recently. The Brits ignore the speed limit (70 mph) routinely but no-one, absolutely no-one, ever passes on the left (the inside to the Brits). The lane discipline is amazing - even if you're doing 90+, you pull over out of the passing (fast) lane immediately you can do so. It also helps that only cars can use the outside lane of a 3 lane highway, no trucks are permitted.

I did a lot of driving in England recently. The Brits ignore the speed limit (70 mph) routinely but no-one, absolutely no-one, ever passes on the left (the inside to the Brits). The lane discipline is amazing - even if you're doing 90+, you pull over out of the passing (fast) lane immediately you can do so. It also helps that only cars can use the outside lane of a 3 lane highway, no trucks are permitted.

Oops, I meant right lane in Germany...:wacko:

Drove in a slow beat up Volkswagen mini van on the autobahn as a 15 year old participating in a soccer tournament in germany

van drove so slow i beleive we were actually going backwards

we stayed in small towns and lodged with german families ( teams we were playing against )

was nuts ...really bizarre

one town smelled like horse manure 24-7

but will say very nice people ...and the family i stayed with were very accomodating

some women did have hairy armpits ...unless they were men :wacko:

was a long time ago :D

Another example of fine, fine Democrat authority.

You know they are making home schooling your children in kaliphornia illegal too?

New Orleans, kali, detroit, Cincinnati, d.c, how many more examples to we need?

California is a Republican stronghold

The Brits ignore the speed limit (70 mph) routinely but no-one, absolutely no-one, ever passes on the left (the inside to the Brits).

Wow, I pass on the outside all the time...

The lane discipline is amazing - even if you're doing 90+, you pull over out of the passing (fast) lane immediately you can do so.

...because PEOPLE DAWDLE IN THE F*CKING FAST LANE.