[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Other Stern Fans Out There

Menudo

I missed it yesterday, but, now I'm reading that Artie walked off the show and quit. Can anybody who was listening confirm if this is the real thing and Artie really quit ? That would be a shame, as I think Artie is a funny dude. I'm also afraid what might happen to him if he doesn't have the responsibility of showing up for work in the morning. I could see a continued and quick downward spiral for him.

There is absolutely nothing better than Richard & Sal's prank calls. Does anyone know of a website that compiles them ?

I missed it yesterday, but, now I'm reading that Artie walked off the show and quit. Can anybody who was listening confirm if this is the real thing and Artie really quit ? That would be a shame, as I think Artie is a funny dude. I'm also afraid what might happen to him if he doesn't have the responsibility of showing up for work in the morning. I could see a continued and quick downward spiral for him.

There is absolutely nothing better than Richard & Sal's prank calls. Does anyone know of a website that compiles them ?

I know Artie was going to Amsterdam for the bachlor party yesterday. Yesterdays show was a replay from 4/7 on sirius anyway

Apparently he got into a fight with Teddy, his assistant, and told him he would kill him. He also told Howard he didn't think he could contain himself any longer and he was a bad person and that he loved Howard and walked out. Howard accpeted his reisgnation but told him to cool off and think about it. Artie is headed down a very bad road for himself and that is a shame as the guy is a complete and utter riot.

Artie and his assistant Teddy got into a huge fight on the air. Artie ended up jumping over his desk and attacking Teddy. It took several guys holding him back to save poor Teddy's life. I guess it spilled out in the hall and off the air. Artie threw a full pop can at Teddy and hit him. After the hub bub Howard was trying to talk Artie down. In the aftermath it was obvious Artie couldnt be there anymore and Howard told him to go home. He also told Art that he didnt know how to handle this and if he couldnt control himself he couldnt work there. Artie said that he guessed he couldnt work there anymore. He said he was a bad person and left the building.

After Artie left everyone agreed it wasnt a formal resignation. But the problem is if Howard can keep him there if he is a danger to others. I know there are youtube links with the audio but youtube is blocked at my work. I listened to it and it was bad. I just cant see them keeping him. If they would have let him he would have killed Teddy.

Sucks, I love Artie.

I know Artie was going to Amsterdam for the bachlor party yesterday. Yesterdays show was a replay from 4/7 on sirius anyway

I think the replay show was a replay from 4/7. Supposedly Stern didn't want yesterday's show replayed. I only read this...I didn't hear it first hand.

Apparently he got into a fight with Teddy, his assistant, and told him he would kill him. He also told Howard he didn't think he could contain himself any longer and he was a bad person and that he loved Howard and walked out. Howard accpeted his reisgnation but told him to cool off and think about it. Artie is headed down a very bad road for himself and that is a shame as the guy is a complete and utter riot.

Tbone beat me too it and is spot on. If he quits/fired I am afraid he will no longer have that structure that kept him clean. Although, if he went to Amsterdam, he might be relapsing right now.

Save Baby Gorilla!!

It was probably the greatest moment of the past 10 years of the show and they pull the replay so no one can listen to it. What BS. If I didn't have it on mp3 already, I'd be pretty pissed.

The guy is great on the show, but he has obvious anger, addiction, health, homophobia issues that keep surfacing. If he decides that he wants to come back, I think he should be forced to take a few months off first.

I heard he might be going to rehab and he's actually scared he might die soon as he's been burning the candle at both ends and on the side...

I'll never forget when he was on Letterman and was talking about his uncle Sonny..

Artie: "so what's this show Buffy the Vampire Slayer about?"

Uncle Sonny: "jew broad, fights dracula's"

it's available on youtube among other appearances...the man is unbearingly funny..

Any chance that is all a hoax and done for publicity? I would not put it past Stern???

I have not listened to any of it but is it possible this is all staged?

I doubt it, Artie has been a ticking timebomb for a few months now

Any chance that is all a hoax and done for publicity? I would not put it past Stern???

I have not listened to any of it but is it possible this is all staged?

If it was staged Artie is one hell of an actor. I saw Dirty Work. It wasnt staged.

Straight off the Howard News Wire, It has been confirmed he is in Amsterdam. He did not talk to Teddy but they shared a look that was not hostile.

In related news I heard the price of heroin went up recently due to a surprising shortage in Amsterdam.

Amazingly, Wikipedia is up to date.

On April 10, 2008 Lange walked off The Howard Stern Show after an on-air argument and subsequent outburst at his personal assistant, Teddy, resulting in a physical altercation.[2] Lange expressed his disdain for his assistant of nearly two years because of recent money issues. Later in the broadcast Lange returned to apologize and tender his resignation, which Stern accepted. It is unknown if this is permanent or if Lange will return on April 21 after the show's week-long vacation. The last thing Lange said to Stern before his departure was, "I’m not a good person… I gotta leave... I love you." Atypically, the show was not re-broadcast on Howard 100 that day, normally during the week the full 6 hours of The Howard Stern Show are replayed around the clock starting at 12 PM, 6 PM and 12 AM; however on that day an earlier show from April 27, 2008 was used. Tim Sabien (Sirius Program Manager) when interviewed by the Howard 100 News program stated that they have not yet decided on the fate of Artie's future on the Howard Stern Show.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Stuttering John special they played last week. Some of those interviews were just priceless.

Stuttering John: "Ringo, here's k-kind of a fun question... what d-did you do with the money?"

Ringo Starr: "What money?"

Stuttering John: "The m-money your mom gave you for singing lessons."

The balls you gotta have to f with one of The Beatles... :wacko: