[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dykstra on hbo real sports

dmarc117

One of the funniest things I have seen in a long long time - I could not believe what I was seeing, and me and my buddies all agreed, he looks and sounds like he is on somethine- vicodins or sedated with something.

thats what we were saying here too....looks kinda frail.

chit- that clip is only part of it- so many parts of the interview that were surreal

at the end the guys asks Lenny if he ever took steroids....

"Lenny did you ever take steroids or any performance enhancing drugs?"

Lenny "no, absolutely not, I never took steroids"

off camera the guys tells Lenny he is sorry, but with all the news, and with Lenny being implicated in the Mitchell report, he hoped Lenny would understand why the question had to be asked.....

Lenny " no, problem, I hope you understand why I Ihad to lie to you"

A buddy of mine played with Dykstra in Philly and had some great stories to tell about this guy. My personal favorite is when my buddy and Dykstra left a hotel at the same time so they decided to share a cab to a restaurant that the team was meeting up at. They didn't know each other too well so there was limited conversation. After a good few minutes of dead silence, Dykstra says "you like that huh?". My buddy's like :D "uh, what?". No response. 10 seconds later, Dykstra repeats, "you like that?". :D More silence. 10 seconds later, Dykstra hikes up a pant leg, points down to his socks, which were monogrammed "LD" and repeats again "you like that?". :wacko:

Classic. I watched that too when it first aired. "You see that score board up there? It says four fwukkin hundred! And you know why? It's because I know what a strike is, and that wasn't a strike!" :D

and this one was one of my favorites...."You pay your agent, you pay your taxes, you buy a nice house, help the family out...and now you got your dick in your hand, basically."

:wacko:

and this one was one of my favorites...."You pay your agent, you pay your taxes, you buy a nice house, help the family out...and now you got your dick in your hand, basically."

:wacko:

I love the interviewer's response - "that's a very elegant way to put it."

Classic. I watched that too when it first aired. "You see that score board up there? It says four fwukkin hundred! And you know why? It's because I know what a strike is, and that wasn't a strike!" :D

:D

i saw it when it first aired and those were to of my favs...but truth be told the entire thing was a hoot....

"Lenny, slow down..."

"I don't even know what the hell the Taj Majhal(sp?) is" (or whatever he said along those lines)

and cant forget how he got the old lady to sell him her property....publisher clearing house sized 1million dollar check :wacko: