[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PETA's latest

Azazello1313

for the first person to come up with a method to produce commercially viable quantities of in vitro meat at competitive prices by 2012.

another article on the process

It takes just two weeks to turn pig stem cells, or myoblasts, into muscle fibers. "It's a scalable process," says Jason Matheny of New Harvest, a meat substitute research group. "It would take the same amount of time to make a kilogram or a ton of meat." One technical challenge: Muscle tissue that has never been flexed is a gooey mass, unlike the grained texture of meat from an animal that once lived. The solution is to stretch the tissue mechanically, growing cells on a scaffold that expands and contracts. This would allow factories to tone the flaccid flesh with a controlled workout.

is this making anyone else hungry? :wacko:

I read that in the paper the other day. They mentioned, the only problems so far was that it was super expensive. That and the fact that nobody liked the texture or taste.

Great, where do I sign up! I've got a hankering for really expensive "meat" that taste like crap and has lousy texture.

I thought that they were against eating meat period. I know they were against it when you would cut off an animal's leg one at a time and it eat with the animal still surviving.

PETA=People for Eating Tasty Animals

ETA - I have canine incisors and my eyes are in the front of my head. God made me a predator. I am supposed to eat meat. And I'm a toolmaker too, so I can use my guns to procure said meat.

There's room for all God's creatures - right next to the potatoes.

I love animals. I eat them and I wear their skin and fur.

Edited by westvirginia

ridiculous

Animals were meant to be eaten ...how do i know ? i just do

Noah's Ark. Two of everything. Two pork chops, to lamb chops, 2 hamburgers, and two steaks please.

But seriously if we don't eat them we would be over ran by them. We just helping out the natural life cycle. Thats all.