[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lito Shephard?

muck

Nothing solid... In fact in the statement three team are mentioned but ony the St. Louis Rams are named.

Sheppard drawing interest

Lito Sheppard | Eagles | Interested: Rams?

Three teams are showing interest in Sheppard, according to John Clayton. The price could come down to a second-round pick. The Rams are one of the interested teams, but the Eagles won't deal Sheppard unless they get satisfactory value.

Sheppard is under contract with the Eagles through 2011 and is scheduled to make $2.75 million this season. The 5-foot-10, 194-pounder is considered one of the better man-to-man coverage cornerbacks in football.

For what it's worth, I'm expecting to see a draft day trade as teams who have a need at CB miss out on the top 2-3 CBs. Teams are just waiting to see how the first round shakes out, I'd imagine.

I'm think the Bills will trade down with the Eagles in the following senerio :

Bills #11 for Eagles #19 & Lito Shepard

With other later round considerations.

I'm think the Bills will trade down with the Eagles in the following senerio :

Bills #11 for Eagles #19 & Lito Shepard

With other later round considerations.

Its possible, but as much as everyone seems to think CB is a pressing need, they DO have McGee and Greer played well last year. They have 2 pretty good corners already, plus have Youboty as well (2nd round pick a few years ago). Is Sheppard really a step up from either of those guys considering he cant seem to stay healthy (or so it seems)?

Its possible, but as much as everyone seems to think CB is a pressing need, they DO have McGee and Greer played well last year. They have 2 pretty good corners already, plus have Youboty as well (2nd round pick a few years ago). Is Sheppard really a step up from either of those guys considering he cant seem to stay healthy (or so it seems)?

I know it's not a pressing need...But if they can get a probowl player and still draft the receiver they want/need in the lower half of the first round. Why not do it?? He might not be better than McGee, but I think he is better than Greer. Please remember the Best Passing offense is still in our division.

I know it's not a pressing need...But if they can get a probowl player and still draft the receiver they want/need in the lower half of the first round. Why not do it?? He might not be better than McGee, but I think he is better than Greer. Please remember the Best Passing offense is still in our division.

Good point. And yeah, I guess it really all depends on who the Bills are even targeting. If its a WR, trading down would be in their best intrest.

Yes sir...be it Pennington or Clemens, the Jets are IT! :D

:wacko:

FOXSports.com is reporting that Lito Sheppard was in Tampa on Wednesday to visit with the Buccaneers. According to FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer, Tampa is now the frontrunner for the disgruntled Eagles cornerback who appeared to lose his starting job in Philadelphia when the Eagles brought in Asante Samuel.

The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that the Bucs may include wideout Michael Clayton in the deal. Drafted in the first round in 2004, Clayton had a stellar rookie year for Tampa (80 catches, 7 TDs), but his production has been disappointing over the past three years (87 catches, 1 TD).

According to Glazer, the trade is likely to go down on Saturday

FOXSports.com is reporting that Lito Sheppard was in Tampa on Wednesday to visit with the Buccaneers. According to FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer, Tampa is now the frontrunner for the disgruntled Eagles cornerback who appeared to lose his starting job in Philadelphia when the Eagles brought in Asante Samuel.

The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that the Bucs may include wideout Michael Clayton in the deal. Drafted in the first round in 2004, Clayton had a stellar rookie year for Tampa (80 catches, 7 TDs), but his production has been disappointing over the past three years (87 catches, 1 TD).

According to Glazer, the trade is likely to go down on Saturday

I really hope this is not true....

Jacksonville is interested.

There's still a good possibility that Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard will be traded before this weekend, when the Eagles will hold their post-draft minicamp.

According to league sources, Sheppard's agent, Lamont Smith, has had extensive conversations with the Jacksonville Jaguars about a possible offer for his client. The Jags, who are trying to make their defense as Peyton Manning-proof as possible, were interested in Sheppard before the draft. But their first-round trade-up with Baltimore to get defensive end Derrick Harvey cost them two third-round picks and a fourth-round selection, leaving them with just two picks in the first four rounds.

Because of that, they weren't willing to part with their second-round pick, which they spent on another defensive end, Auburn's Quentin Groves, in a deal for Sheppard.

But Smith is trying to broker a deal that would have the Jags giving the Eagles a package of '09 draft picks for Sheppard.

Asked Sunday night whether he expects Sheppard to play for the Eagles in '08, coach Andy Reid said: ``As I sit here right now, Lito is an Eagle. That's how it is, just like every other guy on this football team.

``It gives us one great opportunity for a nice secondary. The way to use him is just like we used (former Eagle cornerbacks) Bobby Taylor, Al Harris and Troy Vincent. We just rotated all of them and they were all starters in our eyes.''

Doesn't Philly have enough picks for next year?