[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mom with 17 kids

MojoMan

Not sure where you're going with this? Not sure it really matters. The fact that they aren't a drain on society is really the only thing that does. IMO

No...nothing really...just reminded me of Joe Biden is all and his comment. Anyway...carry on!!!

Guest Chappy

The wife watches the show all the time. I've walked in on a couple episodes and they seem like a great family in which the kids are being brought up right.

The wife watches the show all the time. I've walked in on a couple episodes and they seem like a great family in which the kids are being brought up right.

I would think that with 17 kids.....I would open my own private school....hell, you are already educating 17 kids....what is about 5- 10 more....could be a decent money maker.

If they truly are self sufficient and don't get assistance, then good for them. To each their own. But I can almost guarantee you these kids aren't getting the attention they need. How could you? As far as home schooling them, I think that's a huge mistake too. No way you could properly educate that many kids at once.

If they truly are self sufficient and don't get assistance, then good for them. To each their own. But I can almost guarantee you these kids aren't getting the attention they need. How could you? As far as home schooling them, I think that's a huge mistake too. No way you could properly educate that many kids at once.

I agree. IMO (not a parent myself), in the current day, parents need to put a lot of resources into a kid. The resources include time and money. There's only so much time and money that any two adults can generate and to spread that among 18 kids is, IMO, not fair to those kids.

Kids are digusting vile creatures. We should not allow just anyone to raise them. They should be farmed out like cattle until proven they can join the rest of the herd.

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :wacko:

We had a family on our school bus route that had that many kids. The first time I rode a bus that stopped at their house, I was surprised that anyone lived in that house first of all. Then I was further shocked to see a dozen kids get onto the bus.

My son and daughter are constantly in classrooms with 20+ kids in them. Why would a mother...who might be just as smart as any teacher....struggle with 17? I am just curious.....that is all.

Cuz the kids are all in different grades, learning at different levesl.

She probably made the older kids teach assistants... annoying, but really good experience for them.

While I can see your point, the teachers in small town school houses were challenged with the same dilemma. I would say we, as a country, were still able to produce very intelligent people then...and can still now with the same set up....maybe not.

However, I concur wholeheartedly about it being great experience for the older children serving as teaching assistants.

Cuz the kids are all in different grades, learning at different levesl.

She probably made the older kids teach assistants... annoying, but really good experience for them.

Exactly. You're not going to be teaching the 7 year old Algebra 2 like you would the high schoolers.

Are you sure about this? As a whole, were most people really educated?

I would think they were....after all, the internal combustion engine was invented when most where schooled in school houses. However, like I said, maybe not! Just because there are multiple levels of age gap, doesn't mean they lack the ability to learn up to the high school level. College is an entirely different matter.