[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Judicial Corruption and Tort Reform ... Texas Style?

Beaumont

For some reason we elect supreme court justices in lieu of the Governor appointing them. As long as they are elected, and lobbies give money to their campaigns the appearance of impropriety will be there.

The main guy that they interviewed in the story was supposedly trapped by a safety harness, and thus couldn't get out. So could he go after the federal government for forcing him to wear a protection device that actually caused him to be injured?

The main guy that they interviewed in the story was supposedly trapped by a safety harness, and thus couldn't get out. So could he go after the federal government for forcing him to wear a protection device that actually caused him to be injured?

No, my understanding is that Fedgov has blanket immunity. This is very scary. With judges elected and not appointed, they will NEVER be independent.

No, my understanding is that Fedgov has blanket immunity. This is very scary. With judges elected and not appointed, they will NEVER be independent.

Are most state supreme court justices elected? I think they may serve life terms...but I think most are elected versus appointed....I will have to look that up.

Are most state supreme court justices elected? I think they may serve life terms...but I think most are elected versus appointed....I will have to look that up.

Most states have them serve a term before re-election, but they are longer terms. than other elected posts.

Most states have them serve a term before re-election, but they are longer terms. than other elected posts.

Do they run as a political party or just as a judge? It would make sense to not have party tags on judges when running for a judgeship.

Anybody else having trouble loading the video in Firefox? :wacko:

Didn't work for me either. If you can't get your video to work in one of the main browsers, your site sucks, and I won't visit it.

Besides, I'm sick of internet news video. It usually has ads you have to sit through, and you can't skip past the self-important news personalities.

I can read. If anyone has a text version of the story, post it.