[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 WSOP Fantasy Pool

Big Country

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated through the end of event 33:

Name	ScoreBig Country	11778Tford	11426muck	11094darin3	10678skylive5	10084Cyclones	9630SheikYerbuti	8852BringBackPat	6962timmypg	6146godtomsatan	3616

And points only:

Name	PointsBig Country	1032Tford	1010muck	942SheikYerbuti	910darin3	910Cyclones	822skylive5	778BringBackPat	688timmypg	658godtomsatan	290

Updated through the end of event 33:

Name	ScoreBig Country	11778Tford	11426muck	11094darin3	10678skylive5	10084Cyclones	9630SheikYerbuti	8852BringBackPat	6962timmypg	6146godtomsatan	3616

And points only:

Name	PointsBig Country	1032Tford	1010muck	942SheikYerbuti	910darin3	910Cyclones	822skylive5	778BringBackPat	688timmypg	658godtomsatan	290

Rigged. We need a :tilt: graemlin.

Updated through event 38, which finished yesterday:

Name	ScoreBig Country	13130Tford	12456muck	11786darin3	11058Cyclones	10208skylive5	10148SheikYerbuti	9416BringBackPat	7314timmypg	6362godtomsatan	4992

And pure points:

Name	PointsBig Country	1168Tford	1076muck	1050SheikYerbuti	1018darin3	1018Cyclones	888skylive5	810BringBackPat	766timmypg	670godtomsatan	388

Latest update:

Name	ScoreBig Country	13130Tford	12768muck	11786darin3	11302Cyclones	10208skylive5	10148SheikYerbuti	9574BringBackPat	7314timmypg	6362godtomsatan	4992

And pure scores:

Name	PointsBig Country	1168Tford	1124muck	1050SheikYerbuti	1104darin3	1104Cyclones	888skylive5	810BringBackPat	766timmypg	670godtomsatan	388

I may bot do another update until Monday as only one event concludes between now and Friday, so, it depends how my Friday at work goes. 50K HORSE event starts tonight but does not end until Sunday.

From CardPlayer and the $50k HORSE Championship:

Greg Raymer Eliminated by Mike Matusow

It's funny how things work out at the WSOP. Greg Raymer drew a seat right next to his nemesis Mike "The Mouth" Matusow, and just as peeple were thinking to themselves how well the two former rivals were getting along, Matusow somehow went and messed it all up. We're not sure exactly what happened and/or what was said, but Raymer was eliminated by Matusow and left the tournament with a bang. Raymer got up from his seat, ripped the 8 in half and stormed out of the room.

:wacko:

From CardPlayer and the $50k HORSE Championship:

Greg Raymer Eliminated by Mike Matusow

It's funny how things work out at the WSOP. Greg Raymer drew a seat right next to his nemesis Mike "The Mouth" Matusow, and just as peeple were thinking to themselves how well the two former rivals were getting along, Matusow somehow went and messed it all up. We're not sure exactly what happened and/or what was said, but Raymer was eliminated by Matusow and left the tournament with a bang. Raymer got up from his seat, ripped the 8 in half and stormed out of the room.

:wacko:

Link? I know Greg a LONG time and he's not one to rip cards. I'd be very surprised if this were true.

Link? I know Greg a LONG time and he's not one to rip cards. I'd be very surprised if this were true.

Raymer responded to it in post #60

Matusow had nothing to do with it. Prior to this pot, I had been bad beat out of 3 pots with over 300K chips in them, so I was a super-short stack instead of being the chip leader. Mike happened to win the hand that eliminated me, but my reaction was simply the result of frustration after entering 25 WSOP events, and getting bad beat out of 24 of them. While it is no excuse for tearing up the card, I'm basically 100% sure that everybody reading this would have a negative reaction if they had been subjected to my run of beats for the last month.

If you were offended by what I did, my apologies. But it's really not that big of a deal.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Very unlike him, but we all get frustrated at some point.

Very unlike him, but we all get frustrated at some point.

Greg is one of the most even tempered players I know, and one of the most professional. Very uncharacteristic.

Oh, and I don't care if you've had aces cracked 1000 times in a row, ripping the cards is never acceptable. Can't take the swings? Don't play.

ETA - And I love how he pulled the "IF you're offended by what I did, THEN I apologize" gag. That's the definition of lame.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Updated through the 50K HORSE event and all others completed as of yesterday:

Name	ScoreBig Country	16058Tford	15360darin3	14550muck	14314SheikYerbuti	12394Cyclones	12072skylive5	10988BringBackPat	8050timmypg	6750godtomsatan	6028

Pure points:

Name	PointsBig Country	1476SheikYerbuti	1356darin3	1356Tford	1332muck	1278Cyclones	1060skylive5	918BringBackPat	842timmypg	726godtomsatan	446

Timmypg will get a boost as he is the only one with JC Tran who is second in chips heading into the final table of a $1500 event.

So, quick question:

What is the strategy on picking players for this thing? It obviously isn't as random as one may initially think (says the last place guy).

Pick good players that will play in a lot of events. That is why I avoided Doyle Brunson (well, everyone did), put Ivey lower on my list (though had I known he would be making about 2 million dollars in bracelet bets, I'd have pushed him higher) put guys like Negreanu high (plays a lot of events) and then I mixed in a few of the younger "Internet" players that I know have skills and will play in a lot of events (Justin Bonomo). I would have added Tom Dwan and maybe Phil Galfond had I known they were going to play so many events, but I figured they would be focusing on the cash games.

So, quick question:

What is the strategy on picking players for this thing? It obviously isn't as random as one may initially think (says the last place guy).

I picked (who I believed were) good players who play in alot of tournaments and avoided the name guys who play sparingly. After that, I filled in from last year's top money list and played around with the rankings from there.

Edit: I can't spell.

Edited by Tford

I based my entire roster on Bill Edler having his coming out party this year. . .so far no dice. Shame, he's a great guy and a brilliant mind when it comes to all things gambling.

I put zero thought into it & searched Cardplayer.com for the top 20 tourney players. I'm in second to last. :wacko:

This is basically what I did, though I chose players that cashed last year, so I had to go down to the top 50 or so.