[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kimbo Slice tonight...

Puddy

Lucky to get the win in my opinion. That ear on his opponent was pretty freaky looking. :wacko:

I think if they let it go on he'da KO'd the guy. . .he was landing more punches with power than Thompson.

I think if they let it go on he'da KO'd the guy. . .he was landing more punches with power than Thompson.

Yeah. Toe to Toe Kimbo owned him but I think Thompson was getting him to the ground pretty easily and uin rd 2 he did some big damage down there. I think it got stopped a little early.

Yeah - Thompson flat out could not take a punch. Every one left him dazed. That's why he kept trying to get the fight on the ground. To be honest, I thought Kimbo did better than expected on the ground (other than the end of the second when he seemed helpless).

Yeah - Thompson flat out could not take a punch. Every one left him dazed. That's why he kept trying to get the fight on the ground. To be honest, I thought Kimbo did better than expected on the ground (other than the end of the second when he seemed helpless).

Got to agree here. But I really wonder if he just went to regular boxing would that be a better fit for him. Because he has some stunning blows he gives in those punches.

If they wouldn't have stopped it Kimbo wold have had it over with another shot or two. Either way I was impressed and it was a good fight.

Kimbo looked like he was looking for a place to lay down and take a nap afterwards though.

Kimbo was completely exposed. How could the ref stand them up when one guy has side mount? Why did he stop the fight after Thompson took some shots, but never called it when Kimbo took a dozen shots to the head and couldn't do anything?

Bad stoppages all night. Not exactly impressed with MMA's network debut.

Kimbo was completely exposed.

While I think he was better on the ground than expected for a backyard brawler, I do agree with this. Unless he learns some technique, he'll be in trouble going forward as fighters will beat him on the ground instead of trying to beat him by punching.

Kimbo was completely exposed. How could the ref stand them up when one guy has side mount? Why did he stop the fight after Thompson took some shots, but never called it when Kimbo took a dozen shots to the head and couldn't do anything?

Thompsan wasn't landing anything to really hurt Kimbo while he had him exposed on the ground. I do agree though he could have let it gone further , the same in the Smith vs. Lawler fight, that turned out to be a good fight and i think it shouldn't have been stopped.

Edited by ChuckB

Thompsan wasn't landing anything to really hurt Kimbo while he had him exposed on the ground. I do agree though he could have let it gone further , the same in the Smith vs. Lawler fight, that turned out to be a good fight and i think it shouldn't have been stopped.

Besides Kimbo this was the first time I have ever seen any of these people fight. I was impressed with Lawler. He is a very crafty fighter with a big punch

Seriously? :wacko: Thompson was taking some pretty heavy shots from Kimbo and he wasn't exactly dropping. Dazed, sure, but continuing and recovering enough to take Kimbo to the ground.

I agree with this. Kimbo was completely exposed to those of us who watch UFC on a regular basis. If Thompson had any ground game he could have put Kimbo in an armbar multiple times when he had side mount. Any fighter that is more technical would tap Kimbo out fairly quickly, in my opinion. Please note: I am not a Kimbo hater as I like him as a brawler and he is getting the MMA sport even more exposure. I'm not a big fan of hype, however. I like the fact that Kimbo is humble after saying "I have a lot to learn."

And truly, the Lawler / Smith fight stoppage was a shame. Smith should have been given his full five minutes to recover. Smith is a game fighter and Lawler is no joke. He used to pwn the UFC.

Besides Kimbo this was the first time I have ever seen any of these people fight. I was impressed with Lawler. He is a very crafty fighter with a big punch

I used to not like Lawler, but I do nowadays. Look some of his fights up. He was a freakin' freight train in UFC for a while until his weakness to countering leg kicks was exposed.

garbage. Pretty sad when the best fight was between 2 broads. The skill level of the the entire card was awful - those guys were all bottom of the barrel - that momo from LI?? an absolute clown

Kimbo Slice? please it is an insult to the real MMA fighters that actually have skills in multiple disciplines to even call him an MMA fighter

ANY UFC light heavyweight or heavyweight would wipe the effin mat with that guy IMO

Edited by wildcat2334

Don't Kimbo's skills seem much better suited to boxing than MMA? If he's such a good puncher but has no ground skills, why doesn't he concentrate on boxing? I know MMA is the hot, trendy, up and coming sport. But there's plenty of money for him to be made as a heavyweight, isn't there?

Don't Kimbo's skills seem much better suited to boxing than MMA? If he's such a good puncher but has no ground skills, why doesn't he concentrate on boxing? I know MMA is the hot, trendy, up and coming sport. But there's plenty of money for him to be made as a heavyweight, isn't there?

I think a good heavyweight would kick his ass. He would be winded early. Although the heavyweights are pretty weak right now

I think a good heavyweight would kick his ass. He would be winded early. Although the heavyweights are pretty weak right now

You don't even need a good heavyweight. A master of a grappling discipline would kill him on the ground. Penn at 155, or GSP at 175 could eat his lunch. UFC's light heavyweights would destroy him in minutes. Kimbo is a pure street fighter, and looked absolutely lost when he was on the ground. If Thompson would have an idea as to what he was doing on the ground and had the least bit of cardio it would have been a different story. Kimbo is a hype-machine and that's it. If someone came in with a gameplan other than to stand with him it would be a disaster for Kimbo.

You don't even need a good heavyweight. A master of a grappling discipline would kill him on the ground. Penn at 155, or GSP at 175 could eat his lunch. UFC's light heavyweights would destroy him in minutes. Kimbo is a pure street fighter, and looked absolutely lost when he was on the ground. If Thompson would have an idea as to what he was doing on the ground and had the least bit of cardio it would have been a different story. Kimbo is a hype-machine and that's it. If someone came in with a gameplan other than to stand with him it would be a disaster for Kimbo.

I meant Heavyweight boxer . My bad. I know nada about MMA fighters. It looked to me like a quick stoppage to keep the hype machine rolling

Edited by whomper

GSP is one of the top 3 fighters in the World imo. Penn is a stud, but couldnt take Kimbo down in my opinion.

I want to see GSP fight the Spider Silvia. I know they dont weigh in the same, but I think GSP is the only man that can beat Silvia other than a true heavyweight, and that is still questionable.

GSP is one of the top 3 fighters in the World imo. Penn is a stud, but couldnt take Kimbo down in my opinion.

I want to see GSP fight the Spider Silvia. I know they dont weigh in the same, but I think GSP is the only man that can beat Silvia other than a true heavyweight, and that is still questionable.

first things first- we should see a GSP/Penn matchup pretty soon - which will be a classic - slight edge to GSP but Penn has really shown if he is in shape is a beast

Silva, I dunno I think that is a tough matchup for GSP, Silva as a freak- and I think we may see him go up to light heavywieght, he is rolling thru the middleweights withoug any trouble. Guy is flat out incredible.

Pulver/Faber put on a good show tonight. Faber dominated him for the most part but Pulver took some shots and went the distance, just could never do any damage. Faber is one of the best P4P - guy is a machine

BJ Penn will destroy GSP if they get a rematch. Penn pushed him to his limit, and that was before Penn was focused mentally to be the best. I still think it will be a great match, but Penn will finish St. Pierre before the 4th. He was the jiu jitsu finals only after training in jj for three years, which is unheard of. BJ Penn is the best pound for pound fighter in the world outside of Fedor. As far as taking Kimbo down, Penn could probably bait him into something, and the second it went to the ground it would be over. A lot can be said for experience, which Kimbo doesn't have. Go back and watch the early UFC fights were a thin framed Gracie was taking out everyone at every weight class... Gracie beat a freaking sumo wrestler, so the size doesn't matter when you're a top 1% at jits... I don't care how big or hard you punch. If a master at jj/bjj gets you on the ground, it's game over

BJ Penn will destroy GSP if they get a rematch. Penn pushed him to his limit, and that was before Penn was focused mentally to be the best. I still think it will be a great match, but Penn will finish St. Pierre before the 4th. He was the jiu jitsu finals only after training in jj for three years, which is unheard of. BJ Penn is the best pound for pound fighter in the world outside of Fedor. As far as taking Kimbo down, Penn could probably bait him into something, and the second it went to the ground it would be over. A lot can be said for experience, which Kimbo doesn't have. Go back and watch the early UFC fights were a thin framed Gracie was taking out everyone at every weight class... Gracie beat a freaking sumo wrestler, so the size doesn't matter when you're a top 1% at jits... I don't care how big or hard you punch. If a master at jj/bjj gets you on the ground, it's game over

that is a reach saying Penn would destory GSP cmon. Either could take the other, but slight overall edge to GSP - and I am a hugh Penn fan.

No way- best P4P is Anderson Silva and it is not even close. That guy is unreal -

first things first- we should see a GSP/Penn matchup pretty soon - which will be a classic - slight edge to GSP but Penn has really shown if he is in shape is a beast

Silva, I dunno I think that is a tough matchup for GSP, Silva as a freak- and I think we may see him go up to light heavywieght, he is rolling thru the middleweights withoug any trouble. Guy is flat out incredible.

Pulver/Faber put on a good show tonight. Faber dominated him for the most part but Pulver took some shots and went the distance, just could never do any damage. Faber is one of the best P4P - guy is a machine

I don't see GSP as a favorite, as they went to a split decision when they fought the first time, and that was the old Penn...

I don't see GSP being able to take out Silva, as the only person that is going to take out Silva anytime soon is the other Silva, if Wand drops to 185, which he's hinted at... Of course that would mean that he would have to pass on putting a third beating on Rampage.

I agree size doesnt matter as much in MMA.

But I couldnt disagree more on GSP and Penn. GSP already destroyed Penn, and GSP is twice the fighter he was at that time. Penn wouldnt make it out of the first with GSP. The way he brutalized Sera, and Hughes before that proved what this kid was made of. Penn has nothing on his resume that comes close to these 3 wins, including whipping Penn already.

Penn is top 5, but I dont think he is anywhere close to Anderson Silvia or GSP. Not even close. And Im a big Penn fan, but reality is reality.