[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apple itunes issues

Randall

Any way to contact these people? I can never find the numbers.

itunes-I'm tired of being locked out of computers because they say I have played songs on 5 computers. I move songs around a lot. I have stopped buying from them altogether.

I also had 2 computers die and lost all the songs and they wouldn't let me download them a second time.

Any way to contact these people? I can never find the numbers.

itunes-I'm tired of being locked out of computers because they say I have played songs on 5 computers. I move songs around a lot. I have stopped buying from them altogether.

I also had 2 computers die and lost all the songs and they wouldn't let me download them a second time.

This is precisely the reason I stopped buying DRM-encoded music.

I bought a few songs from iTunes back in the day and tried to burn them out to a CD. Well, apparently iTunes didn't like my CD burner because it failed to write the disc properly several times in a row. I searched for solutions on the web and finally found a solution, only to have iTunes tell me that I had used up all my rights to burn this song to a CD (despite the fact that it never worked).

No phone support for iTunes.

Email support for itunes told me that there was nothing they could do.

Email from Apple told me there are no refunds for the iTunes store.

It was then that I found a tool to illegally convert m4p music to mp3, and I became a dirty rotten criminal.

This worries me as I recently fried the motherboard on my home computer. I am waiting for my new puter to be shipped and I hope that the 5000+ songs I have in Itunes will easily be converted onto my new computer. Please, someone tell me this won't be a problem.

This worries me as I recently fried the motherboard on my home computer. I am waiting for my new puter to be shipped and I hope that the 5000+ songs I have in Itunes will easily be converted onto my new computer. Please, someone tell me this won't be a problem.

it won't be a problem. I did lose my playlists though, which sucked.

I can deal with losing the playlists as long as I don't lose all the tunes.

Do I just drag and drop my Itunes folder from my old hard drive over to my new hard drive?

I don't know. my cousin did it and he hooked up the two machines with a cord...

I don't know. my cousin did it and he hooked up the two machines with a cord...

Wouldn't it be safer to have a USB drive w/ all the tunes on it? I know nothing about iTunes, 'cept for what I read here.

Real question(s)......with all the limitations of iTunes, why wouldn't you just pay for d/l's from somewhere else? What makes itunes so special?

you can get support here. if you go into the support for itunes, you can send an email to the appropriate place for help. when i had an issue with this 2 years ago, i got help by emailing them at msmac@apple.com. took 2 days of exchanges to resolve my issue, which also had to do with authorization. if it helps, here's what they told me then (emails removed):

Dear Tony,

I understand you have been unable to play your 240+ songs due to the fact that you can't authorize your computer to do so. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I did a little investigating and found that you have multiple iTunes accounts:

email #1 - This is the account with all of your music on it, so login with this as your account name.

email #2 - There are no purchases on this account.

email #3 - This is the new account with no purchases on it.

If you forgot the password to one of your accounts, you can recover it using Apple's password recovery website:

http://iforgot.apple.com

To authorize your computer, you need to enter the iTunes account name and password of the account you used to purchase the items.

If you're not sure which account was used to purchase a particular item, check your Purchase History by clicking the link below. We'll launch iTunes and take you directly to the right screen.

http://phobos.apple.com/purchaseHistory

If you are still unable to login to your account then for security reasons, Apple requires that you verify the billing address associated with your account "email #1" before resetting your password. Please reply with your billing address and your permission to

reset the account's password.

The iTunes Store will verify your account information, reset your password, and send you an email with your new password.

Thank you for being an iTunes Store customer.

Sincerely,

Stephen

iTunes Store Customer Support

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Bah. The whole DRM thing is a royal pain in the ass. It's the first time in history that music hasn't been available to all. Rather than a step forward, it's a gigantic step backward to have exclusive rights on music so that you've got to use iTunes or whatever.

A pox on Apple..

you can get support here. if you go into the support for itunes, you can send an email to the appropriate place for help. when i had an issue with this 2 years ago, i got help by emailing them at msmac@apple.com. took 2 days of exchanges to resolve my issue, which also had to do with authorization. if it helps, here's what they told me then (emails removed):

I've done that too many times. Thanks but this has been growing for many years. I've had it.

It would work if I could de authorize all computers but you are only allowed to do that once a year.

Edited by Randall

itunes offers drm free music...

Now they do. They didn't when I bought many of these songs. Many are many years old. Right now I got asked a password every time I played every song. I hate this crap. Contacted them 2 days ang and they haven't answered. My probles with their arrogance are too lengthy to list so I won't bore you with it.

I would gladly pay them a surcharge to just be left alone.