[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hancock and Critics

WaterMan

Once again we see yet another filmed bashed by the only true elitists, the critics.

Came out July 2nd and has almost made as much as Wall-e, despite being bashed all over the place.

Edited by WaterMan

Just saw it. While I wasn't overly impressed, I was entertained. I think the main reason that the movie has received so much criticism is that it had so much potential to be a more significant movie than it was. As it is, it's sheer popcorn.

It looked kinda interesting. I just think Will Smith is a little played out at this point. He doesn't choose his projects very carefully, and I basically assume that any movie he's in is going to be a mind numbing explosion-fest with sub-Arnold one liners.

Once again we see yet another filmed bashed by the only true elitists, the critics.

Came out July 2nd and has almost made as much as Wall-e, despite being bashed all over the place.

Holiday weekend, Will Smith, big budget movie and it does about the same as Wall-E on a non holliday, non-franchised film. Critics or not, it's a disappointment at best And once word of mouth gets around (assuming many people didn't like it), it will probably be considered a moderate hit, but underperforming, at best.

I have not seen it and I try to see most summer blockbusters. I may see it, but it's a distant 2nd to Hellboy 2 and The Dark Knight on my viewing list.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I only read movie reviews after seeing a film, and usually disagree with every word of them. So, as far as I'm concerned they can write whatever they want.

Oh, and I'm waiting for Hancock to hit the small screen. I think Dark Knight is the only movie left this summer that I'd leave the house for.

Yep, nothing more worthless than elitist movie critics. However, I saw Hancock. Meh, wait for the DVD or pay $3.99 for Pay Per View.

Pure popcorn movie

that went completely downhill once the girl superhero was introduced. I thought it was good up until then, but her having the same powers killed it IMO.

I have not seen it and I try to see most summer blockbusters. I may see it, but it's a distant 2nd to Hellboy 2 and The Dark Knight on my viewing list.

+1

I'm also probbaly going to see the new Mummy flick with Brendan Fraser and maybe Journey To The Center Of The Earth as well. Mindless entertainment and popcorn---that's my mantra.

Pure popcorn movie

that went completely downhill once the girl superhero was introduced. I thought it was good up until then, but her having the same powers killed it IMO.

This is also the moment when the movie shifts away from the action comedy to more of drama/action... It felt like they lost focus, and everyone that I've talked to that has seen this movie at this part...

right....... because box office take and how good a movie actually is has so much in common......

It's only cause Will Smith is black...thats why the critics hate him and want to see him fail...

Haven't been to the movies in forever and actually got out this past weekend and saw 4.

Liked the Incredible Hulk best of them and then Get Smart :wacko:

Wanted and Hancock were eh.....I really like Will Smith but this movie veered off course about 1/2 way through.

I saw Hancock. Meh, wait for the DVD or pay $3.99 for Pay Per View.

the movie sucked.

It felt like they lost focus, and everyone that I've talked to that has seen this movie at this part...

I really like Will Smith but this movie veered off course about 1/2 way through.

I am SO disappointed. :wacko: The previews looked good.