[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you take at 12 and 13 in a re-draft

I drew the number 12 pick in my re-draft, non PPR league and would like to know what you would do THIS year with the available talent.

My mock draft based on history of prior drafts has Brady and Moss coming off before me, with a possiblity of Manning too.

Assuming that (LT/AD/SJ/Westy/Addai/Gore/Portis/MB3/Grant/Moss/Brady) come off 1-11

That would leave me with a choice of:

RB-Lynch / LJ / McGahee / Rudi / Other

WR- TO / Wayne / Fitz

QB- Manning / Romo

I am not thrilled with what is left at RB, but by going WR/WR or WR/QB will leave me with scraps at 36/37, so I know I must take at least one RB. Would you take LJ and Lynch and build from there, or lock up TO with one of the RB's and take a chance on a rookie or try and get lucky in the 3rd or 4th?

Done the 12 spot in mocks twice now against very solid competition. I ended up going RB/RB in both so far (Brady available in both, he is not a good value there IMO), though it was always a tough call between the 2nd RB and Wayne (I like him over TO at this point), but, I have found very good value in the 3/4 swing to get WRs. (Roy Williams and Holt in one, Holt and Holmes in the other).

Gotta play the flow of the draft, but what I ended up going with is that in a PPR, WR value maintains itself much deeper than RB value does, thus locking up decent RB value and getting good WR value was a better option that getting a better WR in the 2nd and hoping to hit gold in the later rounds for RBs that already likely have deflated value as most of the RBs at that point are not involved in the passing game, unlike the RBs that are being taken in the first and early 2nd.

I hate drafting last! I've got one coming up where I'll be last, (Superbowl Champ penalty). I think you're probably right on what will be left. You've got to take at least one RB, so Lynch, Portis, McGahee are about the same, take the one you like. Same with Wayne and TO, I would take one of those two. Then you've got a long wait to see what left at the start of the forth round.

Are a lot of people down on guys like Willie Parker and Jamal Lewis?

I would love to see those guys come off the board before #12

No way Lewis goes that early, FWP might, but I don't think that he will. Some of the guys are in New Orleans and other Dallas, so guys like Bush, Brees, MB3 and TO might go a bit higher than other drafts, all good players, but they go a tad early. I would like to get Brees in the 4th, but he may be gone, in fact, I would love to take Romo in the second to shake things up and maybe start a run on QB's as after the top 4/5 there is a big fall off.

I am still pondering Romo/Lynch, but wonder how bad this could hurt me as it goes against most people's views, mine included, on taking a QB that early. So I could have:

Romo

Lynch

Edge/rookie/other

B.Marshall

OR.......

Hassell

Lynch

LJ/McGahee

B.Marshall

With our QB scoring, we get 1 pt every 15 yards passing, what is the difference between Romo / Hassel AND (LJ/Mcg) / (Edge/Rookie)????

Are a lot of people down on guys like Willie Parker and Jamal Lewis?

In the drafts I did mentioned above, I took Lewis at 13 in one, and parker went at the very end of the 4th in that one. In the other draft, lewis was the 2nd pick of the 3rd round with parker being the 6th pick of the 3rd.

The first of these drafts is actually posted in the premium section of this site (12 team mock, 6/15/08), the second one just finished two days ago and is not yet posted. These are being completed with the same 12 owners drafting from the same 12 spots at different points throughout the offseason. DMD I believe is going ot do some anlaysis on the player movements, etc.

The first of these drafts is actually posted in the premium section of this site (12 team mock, 6/15/08), the second one just finished two days ago and is not yet posted. These are being completed with the same 12 owners drafting from the same 12 spots at different points throughout the offseason. DMD I believe is going ot do some anlaysis on the player movements, etc.

That should be some solid info, I have noticed on the home page that the 12 team mocks have had some major player movement already...Gore falling to 12, Portis has dropped off, Romo jumping up to the early 2nd.

I am hoping that Grant or Portis fall to me at 12.

Standard scoring non-ppr....I am going with a couple of running backs at 12 and 13. If this was PPR, you would go RB, WR.

If I was you...seeing how guys are falling....I would take Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch...with heavy consideration given to LJ instead of McGahee...just my two cents.

That should be some solid info, I have noticed on the home page that the 12 team mocks have had some major player movement already...Gore falling to 12, Portis has dropped off, Romo jumping up to the early 2nd.

I am hoping that Grant or Portis fall to me at 12.

That was me grabbing Gore at the 12 in that one. In the most recent one he went much earlier, like 7 or 8 I believe.

That was me grabbing Gore at the 12 in that one. In the most recent one he went much earlier, like 7 or 8 I believe.

Nice!

Drafting at 12, with our scoring and assuming that Brady/Manning/Romo/Brees are all of the board coming back to me in the third, would you look to take a QB in the 4th (if so who) or wait until the 6th? If Brees is still there in the 4th, would you take him or wait?

I wait. Brees in the 4th might be tempting, but wit hthe 2RB, 2 WR plus a flex lineup, I probably pass on him. In the mocks in question (I see that theo ther was just posted since my last draft) I took Delhomme in the 7th (7.12) and Kitna in the 11th (11.12) in the July draft and took the same QBs in the second draft, only this time Delhomme came to me in the 9th round (9.12) and Kitna I took again in the 11th.

However, I am a big proponent of the idea that good QB value can be found later in drafts. Delhomme was the 12th QB drafted (in the most recent draft), but I have him ranked much higher than 12, and I feel I got real good value with him, especially since it allowed me to end up with a team consisting of Delhomme, LJ, Grant, Roy Williams, Holmes, Julius Jones/Anthony Gonzalez and Todd Heap. Had I taken a QB earlier, say in the 4th, I'd have a QB like Romo/Brees/Palmer (based on who was there) but would have dropped to a WR like Bowe or Evans instead of Holmes. IMO, much bigger drop at the WR spot than the QB spot. Granted, that opinion may change as the offseason progresses, but based on my rankings now I prefer what I ended up with by holding off on QB that what I could have had had I taken a QB earlier.

I would love to see those guys come off the board before #12

No way Lewis goes that early, FWP might, but I don't think that he will. Some of the guys are in New Orleans and other Dallas, so guys like Bush, Brees, MB3 and TO might go a bit higher than other drafts, all good players, but they go a tad early. I would like to get Brees in the 4th, but he may be gone, in fact, I would love to take Romo in the second to shake things up and maybe start a run on QB's as after the top 4/5 there is a big fall off.

I am still pondering Romo/Lynch, but wonder how bad this could hurt me as it goes against most people's views, mine included, on taking a QB that early. So I could have:

Romo

Lynch

Edge/rookie/other

B.Marshall

OR.......

Hassell

Lynch

LJ/McGahee

B.Marshall

With our QB scoring, we get 1 pt every 15 yards passing, what is the difference between Romo / Hassel AND (LJ/Mcg) / (Edge/Rookie)????

Most people viewed taking Brady and Moss last year as a bad move........Go with your gut

Id go TO/Wayne. Then grab rb's with 3/4, chances are you will get a Lewis, and FWP type, then look for a qb, I have seen Bulger, Anderson, Shaub, and Jake all in the 6th plus rds in the mocks I have done.

now this is some bad advise, go RB/RB unless you LOVE a WR at that point then go RB/WR.

Most people viewed taking Brady and Moss last year as a bad move........Go with your gut

Where did you read that taking Brady and Moss was a bad move? If you took Brady 1st overall and Moss in the second as your one two punch than yes I would consider that a bad move.

To the question at hand, you're assuming way to much to be gone by the end of the first. I could easily see LJ and Lynch go before you. To be honest I feel you would have a better chance at Grant than Lynch to be there. Just as you are hoping that Portis and Grant fall to you, the guy at 10 may be thinking man I would love for Lynch or LJ to fall to me. I would take whatever Rb you have rated higher and than the BPA based on value. I think there is a huge drop off in talent after the first 20 WR but thats my thoughts for this year.

I

That would leave me with a choice of:

RB-Lynch / LJ / McGahee / Rudi / Other

WR- TO / Wayne / Fitz

QB- Manning / Romo

I am not thrilled with what is left at RB, but by going WR/WR or WR/QB will leave me with scraps at 36/37, so I know I must take at least one RB. Would you take LJ and Lynch and build from there, or lock up TO with one of the RB's and take a chance on a rookie or try and get lucky in the 3rd or 4th?

If the draft goes down like you think....I'd take Lynch and LJ and be very very happy. I'd take a QB in the 5/6 turn....I think there is a lot of value in waiting for a QB this year. One of Bulger, McNabb, or Delhomme will be there.

If the draft goes down like you think....I'd take Lynch and LJ and be very very happy. I'd take a QB in the 5/6 turn....I think there is a lot of value in waiting for a QB this year. One of Bulger, McNabb, or Delhomme will be there.

This is the way i am leaning, love to start with Wayne/TO....but RB's win championships and I would have too much risk trying to pick them starting in round three. If I let the second/third tier guys go, the guys drafting in the 1-6 range will be very solid after their 3rd round pick...leaving me with table scraps. WR's are deep this year and I feel much better trying to replace a bad draft pick or injury during the season then trying to snag the next R.Grant.

Where did you read that taking Brady and Moss was a bad move? If you took Brady 1st overall and Moss in the second as your one two punch than yes I would consider that a bad move.

To the question at hand, you're assuming way to much to be gone by the end of the first. I could easily see LJ and Lynch go before you. To be honest I feel you would have a better chance at Grant than Lynch to be there. Just as you are hoping that Portis and Grant fall to you, the guy at 10 may be thinking man I would love for Lynch or LJ to fall to me. I would take whatever Rb you have rated higher and than the BPA based on value. I think there is a huge drop off in talent after the first 20 WR but thats my thoughts for this year.

Not the point. Point is, last year if you reached on Brady and Moss early in the draft, people would give a snicker. I grabbed Brady end of the second/beginning of third, people were like "reach"/ Thinking out of the box wins leagues, not going average RB, average RB with the first 2 picks. You have to pretty much nail a super sleeper or have an over achieving QB in order to really do well.

Not the point. Point is, last year if you reached on Brady and Moss early in the draft, people would give a snicker. I grabbed Brady end of the second/beginning of third, people were like "reach"/ Thinking out of the box wins leagues, not going average RB, average RB with the first 2 picks. You have to pretty much nail a super sleeper or have an over achieving QB in order to really do well.

Brady in the second is hardly thinking out of the box, he went mid-second round in my draft and I thought thats where he was gonna go for the most part. And two backs like Lynch and LJ who are gonna get the bulk of the carries provide a solid base for the rest of your draft.