[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre ends up starting for Green Bay

I would say yes. There's quite a bit of unknown when it comes to ARogers. Teams will stack 8 in the box early on in the season until Rogers proves he can beat them. I personally would bump Grant up a couple of spots if Favre is the QB.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

and Ryan Grant gets a new contract, would Grant be bumped a couple spots on the CCS?

Yes, but that's not going to happen. The Packers board had a meeting earlier this week on what to do about the situation. They once again said that Rodgers was the starter... Favre will not play another game as a packer, why can't you guys just accept this?

I would say yes. There's quite a bit of unknown when it comes to ARogers. Teams will stack 8 in the box early on in the season until Rogers proves he can beat them. I personally would bump Grant up a couple of spots if Favre is the QB.

I wouldn't mind if Rodgers got a lot of cleanup duty. Brett never liked that idea in past years though.

Yes, but that's not going to happen. The Packers board had a meeting earlier this week on what to do about the situation. They once again said that Rodgers was the starter... Favre will not play another game as a packer, why can't you guys just accept this?

I'd say you're likely to be right, but it's far from a sure thing. Are you prepared to put ALL of your Packers-related credibility on the line here? :wacko:

How hard line will they get with Brett? Noone knows yet what will happen? Ideally he'll be traded.

The Board supported TT and McCarthy. You have to read between the lines in such situations. What they say privately and publicly can be vastly different.

It's up to TT. If Brett vetos every trade and reports what will really happen? Will they pay him $11.5 million to be a backup?

They will have no choice unless they release him.

That's where it gets real sticky. Releasing him gives them no control.

Would Brett force that knowing he could go to minnesota? It would really hurt his legacy here.

Would he agree to not go there? I doubt it. Would the Vikings trade for him? :wacko:

Goodell is probably pushing for a trade to avoid such a thing.

Stay tuned.

This is why there needs to be an established punishment league-wide for un-retiring. Brett has too much control in this situation. He could just tell potential trade partners that he'll retire and kill the deal until he gets what he wants.

He'll probably lose $9.5 million. $12.5 M minus the $3 million he'll probaby make. Isn't that punishment enough?

Retiring/unretiring/retiring again won't work with Ted Thompson. He's not releasing him or letting him start here. He's not going to get it by playing games. If Brett won't allow a trade he'll stay retired.

What control does Brett have? He's just manipulating the emotions of fans. It's not going to work.

The sooner he figures out that working with the team is his best opportunity the better.

Brett your only way to play again is agree to a trade.