[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a bad feeling Favre is going to be a Viking

slickvick

The longer this plays out the more I think the Packers options are extremely limited.I never thought Favre could possibly end up a member of the Vikings.My gut tells me they will offer a first rounder and the Pack will pull the trigger.I hope I am wrong.Any other Pack fans getting that sinking feeling about the whole situation?

The longer this plays out the more I think the Packers options are extremely limited.I never thought Favre could possibly end up a member of the Vikings.My gut tells me they will offer a first rounder and the Pack will pull the trigger.I hope I am wrong.Any other Pack fans getting that sinking feeling about the whole situation?

:wacko:

Link not working BJ...can you copy and paste?
Jets' trade talks for Favre heat up

By Pete Dougherty and Tom Pelissero • pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com • July 31, 2008

The New York Jets are in serious talks with the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre’s agent about acquiring the legendary quarterback, a source said today.

The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the only teams that have permission to speak with Favre about a potential trade for now. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, has been in talks with the Jets, who have shown a growing interest, but Cook has not been working closely with the Buccaneers, according to two sources.

Favre would have to sign off on any trade before a new team would be willing to give up compensation for him, because if he refuses to report to the new team’s camp, the trade would be voided. The extent of Cook’s talks with the Jets means Favre at least is considering playing for them.

Ted Thompson, the Packers’ general manager, has been asking for a draft pick that could escalate to a better pick based on Favre’s and the new team’s performance. Thompson and the Packers have stated repeatedly they plan to move forward with Aaron Rodgers, the former first-round pick and Favre’s backup the past three years, as their starting quarterback.

Favre could force the Packers’ hand by showing up to training camp, and earlier today, he was scheduled to take a private plane to Green Bay. However, that flight was delayed multiple times and then apparently cancelled.

For a third straight day, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell declined to act on Favre’s request for reinstatement from the reserve/retired list to give the Packers time to resolve the situation. That Goodell has waited this long indicates progress is being made toward a resolution.

"The Packers and Brett Favre are continuing their discussions,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail to the Press-Gazette today. “The commissioner preferred to let those discussions continue rather than act on the reinstatement petition today.”

Tampa Bay’s need at quarterback might have increased Thursday, after veteran Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field with what the team called a calf strain.

As it stands, though, the Jets have the more tenuous quarterback situation. New York was 4-12 last season, but in 2006, coach Eric Mangini’s first season, the Jets went 10-6 and earned a wild-card berth in the AFC playoffs. Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens are competing for the starting job; Pennington never has been the same since suffering a shoulder injury in 2004, and Clemens was ineffective in 10 games (eight starts) last year, throwing 10 interceptions and only five touchdown passes.

Mark Murphy, the Packers’ president and chief executive officer, on Wednesday had a daylong meeting with Favre and Cook in Cook’s Mississippi law office and offered Favre as much as $20 million over 10 years if he stays retired. Favre and Cook have said for nearly a month that Favre wants to be released, a request Thompson has denied.

The Packers, who did not practice today, return to the practice field for the first of two sessions Friday at 8:45 a.m. Favre will not be there.