[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleepers at RB

Jedi_knights_2004

The main title's sleepers and the subtitle's value at RB.

Didn't the Emmitt Smith mock list Tim Tebow as the Steal of the Draft? :wacko: He said he can throw and run.

My point was the the guy seemed to get uppity when somebody remarked that so and so was not a sleeper and said it doesn't say "sleeper" in the title of the tread. Of course, it does.

The main title's sleepers and the subtitle's value at RB.

Didn't the Emmitt Smith mock list Tim Tebow as the Steal of the Draft? :wacko: He said he can throw and run.

isnt that what a sleeper is? A value?

If everyone had them on there radar and was willing to take them early. They wouldnt be a slepper or a value in most cases.

Now I git W.Parker in a 12 man at 82. I dont look at him as a sleeper. But I do say thats a good Value.

Thread title: "Sleepers at RB"

My Definition: Guys who will get drafted late (or not at all) in most FF drafts and could end up being a great bye-week fill-in (or better) at some point in the season. If a guy is a starter, he's not a sleeper.

Muck's Picks (no certain order): Steve Slaton, Justin Fargas, Tim Hightower, Ricky Williams, Lamont Jordan, Sammy Morris, Adrian Peterson (CHI), Chris Johnson (TEN), Chester Taylor and Leon Washington.

Which ones are most likely to work out: I have no idea; get one or two and hope you picked the right one(s).

My Definition: Guys who will get drafted late (or not at all) in most FF drafts and could end up being a great bye-week fill-in (or better) at some point in the season. If a guy is a starter, he's not a sleeper.

Muck's Picks (no certain order): Steve Slaton, Justin Fargas, Tim Hightower, Ricky Williams, Lamont Jordan, Sammy Morris, Adrian Peterson (CHI), Chris Johnson (TEN), Chester Taylor and Leon Washington.

Which ones are most likely to work out: I have no idea; get one or two and hope you picked the right one(s).

I like your thinking. But players that have droped way down in value can be a sleeper as well. At less thats how I look at it.

Out of your picks I I like Ricky Williams, Lamont Jordan, Adrian Peterson (CHI), Chester Taylor and Leon Washington.

Edited by Jedi_knights_2004

I like your thinking. But players that have droped way down in value can be a sleeper as well. At less thats how I look at it.

Just because someone has dropped in value doesn't mean he is a good value at the new lower level. See "financial stocks" for further details.

I focused on guys who seemed to be off the general FFers radar screen for "legitimate sources of weekly starter points".

Not deep sleepers here, but some guys that I think will outperform their average draft position...

Edgerrin James

Michael Turner

Now more of your traditional sleeper picks...

Lorenzo Booker

Michael Bush

Edited by Savage Beatings

I happen to agree here muck on much of what you say. I know Bronco Billy is really high on Hightower....and so am I. Mostly because he is a physical back and falls into a decent situation to get touches....and lets face it....Edge is getting old and losing a step.

My deep sleeper this year to stash into the second half....Tim Hightower......and....drumroll....Carnell williams

1. Pierre Thomas - NO. Deuce will not stay healthy and Bush is not a power back. I can see Pierre scoring 6-9 TDs this year, potentially more if he is the starter out of the gate.

2. Ahmad Bradshaw - NYG. Again, Jacobs is so inury prone that Bradshaw will start at least a few games for the GMen. Even if Jacobs is healthy, Bradshaw will be used late in games to wear down defenses and should put up good totals.

3. Michael Bush - OAK. He will be their shrot yardage and goalline back, plus he will be the back they use to milk the clock in close games they are ahead and also give carries to when they are way behind. I see 8-10 TDs for him this year and a job sharing role with McFadden in '09.

4. Tim Hightower - AZ. Edge is done. 3 yards and a cloud of dust is not going to cut it anymore. Edge will get the rock early but by the 5th game, he will lose carries to Hightower who will gain momentum as the seaosn goes on and see a 50/50 split with Edge by year end. 5-7 TDs a strong possibility.

5. Brandon Jackson - GB and Mike Bell - HOU. Bith are back ups that will see the ball enough to warrant roster spots. If injuries happen, they will be top 15 RB options.

5. Brandon Jackson - GB and Mike Bell - HOU. Bith are back ups that will see the ball enough to warrant roster spots. If injuries happen, they will be top 15 RB options.

I don't agree on Jackson. People have said he had a good second half but it was really the last game against the ready to go home Lions. He was nowhere near Grant last year. Top 15 is completely out of the question in my opinion. If Grant does go down it'll be a RBBC/BC/BC with Wynn and Morency too.

I like you others though.

Sleepers people, that means late round , low-risk high reward...Ryan Torrian, Kevin Jones(CHI), i like both Rookies Mendenhall and Stewart, and finish off with Felix Jones (Barber has no outside speed and his only real start was nothing to write home about)...but here is the crystal ball, Portis out early and Ladell Betts is the waiver wire hero.

I don't agree on Jackson. People have said he had a good second half but it was really the last game against the ready to go home Lions. He was nowhere near Grant last year. Top 15 is completely out of the question in my opinion. If Grant does go down it'll be a RBBC/BC/BC with Wynn and Morency too.

I like you others though.

Brandon Jackson was hurt early and lost much valuable learning time, I figured GB with Wynn and Jackson would not have paid Grant as much...