[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleepers at RB

Jedi_knights_2004

Name 5 RB's that you feel will be avoided this year but you feel they will be MUCH better than last year and maybe even be a top 10-15 RB.

My Picks

#1 Ricky Williams: (Brown was leading the NFL in all yards from scrimmage when he tore his ACL. With Brown not 100% and with the fact that MOST RB's take 2 seasons to get back to form. I fill Ricky might just me a BIG surprise. He is ranked 36 but I feel he could end up being a top 20 RB and if Brown only plays half the season Williams could be a top 10-15 (OK now lets hear all the criticism on this one)

#2 Willie Parker: Come on he's ranked 29th you cant convince me that truly un known's like Selvin Young, Michael Turner(in ATLANTA),Earnest Graham, and Ryan Grant, Should be ranked as much as 18 spots ahead of FAST WILLIE! He will be a top 15 RB hands down.

#3 LenDale White: I must admit I'm not real high on White. But I feel at #27 he is slated wrong. I would put in in the top 20 and feel that he could end up a top 10-15 RB this season. Its just a gut felling and I have nothing to back me on this one.

#4 Rudi Johnson: OK so the BANGALS cant seem to get over the hump and RUDI was hurt most the season. But remember folks he was a SOLID RB for 2-3 years prior to last season. He is ranked at #25 and I say for what he has done over the last 3 seasons he should be ranked a little higher. And I feel he could get back to form and see him as a top 10-15 RB this year.

#5 its a tie (The Jones Brothers) Julius Jones #21/Thomas Jones #19

Now these 2 RB's have showed in the past they can play at a high level. Now having said that I do feel they are ranked very close to where they should be. But just maybe move them up 2-3 notches. I must say I'm really liking T.Jones this year more than J.Jones. Do to the fact of TJ Duckett and M.Morris sharing carries with J.Jones. I'm looking at T.Jones as a GOOD/GREAT Value in my Auction FFL this year.

So what's your take? Who do you see being under rated and who could end up defining the power pre season rankings and end up 10-20 spots better than predicted?

Wow, the first four I wouldn't touch with Randall's schlong. But I'll play along.

1. Earnest Graham. I expect the Bucs to lean on him with small leads just like they did last year.

2. Kevin Jones. Still has talent, will get the opportunity IMO

3. McFadden. I would have put him at #1, but I'm sure people are sick of me touting him by now.

4. Deangelo Williams. Huge upside. People will find that Stewart is soft and Deangelo will get opportunities. He is most likely the steal of fantasy drafts this year.

5. Leon Washington. The Jets offense will again be relatively stagnant, and will look to Washington to be their offensive playmaker.

Honorable mention---Kenny Watson. Once Rudi struggles and the Bengals have a losing record, he will become a part of the passing game, and ultimately, the running game. I don't know that he will have last year's stats, but I think he'll have a stretch of decent football mixed in there somewhere.

Edited by Seahawks21

Wow, the first four I wouldn't touch with Randall's schlong. But I'll play along.

Real cute man. :wacko:

What was your record in Huddle leagues last year?

What scoring system? PPR?

I like Ricky. I believe him when he says he wants to change his legacy but he may be in a RBBC all season.

Late I like him and Pierre Thomas as a #4 or 5 RB.

I like Michael Turner & Rudi Johnson as #3 or 4 RB's if either is there. I don't like Lendale White.

ADD

Sammy Morris. I've seen him go late and think BB really likes him. He is a Maroney injury away from a solid season. If looking for a home run he is worth a shot.

Edited by Randall

LOL at people thinking that Ricky still has something left :wacko::D:D

I'll have to save this and bring it up later.

:D at you in 3 months if he does. The Miami offensive line is actually pretty good especially with Jake Log and Ronnie Brown won't be rushed back.

They did that when he won the rushing title and they still couldnt stop him. He may have been away from the game a long time.

But he has fresh legs. And Ricky isnt and was never a flash in the pan. He would have been a HOF RB if he hadnt messed up. HANDS DOWN!

It was Ricky and defense most of the time under Wannstedt.

They are throwing to the backs more in TC and a few WR's and Fasano are stepping up. Miami could surprise this year. But this is about sleeper RB's.

How much upside can Deangelo Williams legitimately have barring an injury to J-Stew?

Seahawks isnt a Stew fan. D-Will is a spell back and nothing more. The Stew era has begun.

A guy I'm seeing fall is A.Green. Anytime you can get a STARTER, be it on a bad running team or not, is a plus.

Seahawks isnt a Stew fan. D-Will is a spell back and nothing more. The Stew era has begun.

A guy I'm seeing fall is A.Green. Anytime you can get a STARTER, be it on a bad running team or not, is a plus.

Thing about a guy like A Green, it's just like when Emmitt was falling "later than he should" in his last years. The only way a guy like that makes your lineup is if you're decimated by injuries and typically when that happens, better options end up materializing on the WW. Unless something crazy happens he's going to put up 900 and 5 or something like that. If that's any meaningful production on your team, you're not playing for the money.

Sure, he should be rater higher than, "unknown guy who will come out of nowhere and be money this year". But that doesn't change the fact that A Green is almost certain to be riding the pine for you all year long and yet will put up just decent enough numbers that you're afraid to cut him.

Thing about a guy like A Green, it's just like when Emmitt was falling "later than he should" in his last years. The only way a guy like that makes your lineup is if you're decimated by injuries and typically when that happens, better options end up materializing on the WW. Unless something crazy happens he's going to put up 900 and 5 or something like that. If that's any meaningful production on your team, you're not playing for the money.

Sure, he should be rater higher than, "unknown guy who will come out of nowhere and be money this year". But that doesn't change the fact that A Green is almost certain to be riding the pine for you all year long and yet will put up just decent enough numbers that you're afraid to cut him.

Very valid points detlet. However, in 14-16 team leagues, getting a starting RB is paramount, regardless of his low projections. And yes, I play for money lol. Big money.

I'm not advocating drafting A.Green so lets make that clear. I do, however, think he is going to be a very good value pick this year.

Over/Under on yards/TDs? Then let's bet on it!!

Like when you said Favre was retiring 2 years ago? :wacko:

It's too much up in the air right now, so I advocate Ronnie Brown and Ricky.

I'll bet on a combination but won't know what to guess until the preseason. We can bet then if you like.

I see guys like FWP a few years ago as sleepers when he went in the 12th round. Not Ahman Green.

Sleepers to me are home run picks. Fred Jackson, Pierre Thomas. Maybe Jamal Charles or Torrain if there after the 10th round in a 12 team league.

Ahman's cheap but isn't in the 4th-5th RB category. Those are sleepers to me.

Everyone defines the term sleeper differently.

I see guys like FWP a few years ago as sleepers when he went in the 12th round. Not Ahman Green.

Sleepers to me are home run picks. Fred Jackson, Pierre Thomas. Maybe Jamal Charles or Torrain if there after the 10th round in a 12 team league.

Ahman's cheap but isn't in the 4th-5th RB category. Those are sleepers to me.

Everyone defines the term sleeper differently.

Except the thread title is VALUE, not sleepers.

Except the thread title is VALUE, not sleepers.

That's true but Ricky, Fred Taylor and White are going pretty late.

The Huddle has 27 LenDale White , 30 Fred Taylor, 36 Ricky Williams

and Torrain's 39.

It was Ricky and defense most of the time under Wannstedt.

They are throwing to the backs more in TC and a few WR's and Fasano are stepping up. Miami could surprise this year. But this is about sleeper RB's.

Yes and RICKY is a TOP Sleeper RB in my book. Can get much more asleep than missing 2 1/2 seasons (LOL)

Over/Under on yards/TDs? Then let's bet on it!!

Im not going to bet on how Ricky does. There are way to many factors involved. Like having a new head coach, not knowing how healthy Brown will be, not know who will start at QB and if they can even be a Avg QB, how the DEF will be. If the def suckes and they give up a ton of points the run game stops. I say if everything was balanced and they have a Avg QB, with Borwn healthy enough to split carries and there not always playing from behined.

(With splitting time with Brown)

I say Willimas could have 800-1000 yrds with 6-8 TDs

(Ricky as the main man)

I say Williams could have 1000-1300 yrds with 8-12 TD's

Again Ricky is not and never has been a avg RB. His talent can not be argued. But his choices and judgment can be.

A prime Ricky Williams would be a top 5 pick hands down. So why wouldn't he be a great sleeper in the late rounds like 7-10?

Thats what this is about Sleepers. So wake up everyone and dig deep and give use your DEEP sleepers