[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it not possible to buy a cheap TV any more?

Atlanta Cracker

The 19" TV in my bedroom died so I had to give up the one in my upstairs office/game room. All I have left is a 13" that I can barely see. So I was thinking I could just get a new el cheapo 19" from Fry's or Wal mart or something for under $70. Doesn't seem to be the case as everything at Fry's is all digital and over $250 and Wal-Mart had maybe one option with a DVD combo that was still $130.

What happened to all the cheap TV's ? Guess I'll have to go to Goodwill or something.

Any suggestions?

The 19" TV in my bedroom died so I had to give up the one in my upstairs office/game room. All I have left is a 13" that I can barely see. So I was thinking I could just get a new el cheapo 19" from Fry's or Wal mart or something for under $70. Doesn't seem to be the case as everything at Fry's is all digital and over $250 and Wal-Mart had maybe one option with a DVD combo that was still $130.

What happened to all the cheap TV's ? Guess I'll have to go to Goodwill or something.

Any suggestions?

There you go. Our 19" bedroom tv is dying. When it goes, we probably won't replace it as we don't watch much tv there.

Seriously - try your local craigslist. I have a 32" Sharp that I coudn't sell for less than $75 bucks a year ago. Someone will be getting rid of their tube cheap to make way for their LCD in your area.

Was just looking at that. Think that will be the ticket.... OR I replace our main TV with an HD and move it upstairs though that's more expensive :wacko:.

Isn't the US going digital next year? Why make/buy a TV that's already obsolete?

I have DirectTV so that isn't an issue.

Any suggestions?

You know after early next year all channels are switching to digital, so you need to get an adapter/converter box for an analog TV or buy a digital. If price is an issue, Circuit City has no interest for 12 months on purchases of like 499 or more. I bought my TV 2 years ago, paid 200 a month and was done with it.

ETA

I only had one TV in my house and it was a 19" tube, my wife made me upgrade when we got married... I think I would still use it if it weren't for the old lady moving in...

Isn't the US going digital next year? Why make/buy a TV that's already obsolete?

I was thinking the same thing.

Buying a tube TV now will also require you buy a digital converter box next year, as well as potentially pay for a way to get the signal to your set (assuming your bedroom doens' t have a cable hook-up).

ETA

I only had one TV in my house and it was a 19" tube, my wife made me upgrade when we got married... I think I would still use it if it weren't for the old lady moving in...

Sounds like my inlaws. They had a 19" with rabbit ears and moved into a house with cable 5 years ago and figured it was time to upgrade. When my FIL went to Radio Shack they told him he could get an adapter for $2 and keep the same TV... and he did for 5 more years!

I was thinking the same thing.

Buying a tube TV now will also require you buy a digital converter box next year, as well as potentially pay for a way to get the signal to your set (assuming your bedroom doens' t have a cable hook-up).

Well if you have a box, DirectTV, Cable or otherwise you're fine.

Any suggestions?

well, all new TVs HAVE to be digital due to federal law. that is your culprit right there.

Well if you have a box, DirectTV, Cable or otherwise you're fine.

yep...didn't think you had a box in your bedroom ( :wacko: ).

We have a digital converter in our living room & family room, but the bedrooms are just regular cable inputs. We'll be some of those millions of people needing a digital converter next year.

yep...didn't think you had a box in your bedroom ( :D ).

We have a digital converter in our living room & family room, but the bedrooms are just regular cable inputs. We'll be some of those millions of people needing a digital converter next year.

Only TV's that are getting the signal from an antenna need to get the comnverter box.. Don't you guys watch the millions of commercials on TV that htey have about the new digital signal :wacko: If you are hooked up to cable you are fine.

Only TV's that are getting the signal from an antenna need to get the comnverter box.. Don't you guys watch the millions of commercials on TV that htey have about the new digital signal :wacko: If you are hooked up to cable you are fine.

+1. It's the old TV's with no cable input, the rabbit ears. You know... 20+ year ago technology, or my parents only a few years back.