[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you have any vegan dishes?

detlef

Asks the woman on the phone looking to place a take out order.

"Why yes we do. We have ..."

"What about the sweet potato fritters?'

"Well, actually, they have a little bit of egg in the batter."

"Oh, eggs are fine."

"OK"

"What about the Shrimp Noodles?"

"Well, there's the shrimp, of course."

"Oh, seafood's fine as well. Is there anything else you have that's Vegan?"

"Well, that depends."

"On what?"

"On what else you eat."

"Like I said, I'm vegan."

"Well, the fritters and shrimp noodles are certainly fine choices."

:wacko:

I would not dishonor my forefathers by saying that their meat-eating evolution that got me here has turned me into just a cow grazing in the field. Ever notice how in the animal world, all the vegans are stupid beasts of burden? And the smart, cunning ones are all predators that eat meat....I... I am Jaguar Paw...

as of a couple years ago, my wife's folks are vegan. it's not an animal rights thing, they are right-wing christian fundamentalists. they read some silly propaganda book called "the china study" that blames every disease you can possibly get on the consumption of animal proteins. the really sad part of it is, he is a friggin doctor, you'd think he would know better. BUT, I have to say, he apparently has some pretty scary heart issues in his genes, and going vegan can be a great way to cut cholesterol, excess calories, etc. it's probably a pretty danged healthy diet for folks in their 50s trying to prolong their lives. so on that level it may be a good thing. I just think you can eat even healthier while incorporating some dairy, eggs, and certain meats.

as of a couple years ago, my wife's folks are vegan. it's not an animal rights thing, they are right-wing christian fundamentalists. they read some silly propaganda book called "the china study" that blames every disease you can possibly get on the consumption of animal proteins. the really sad part of it is, he is a friggin doctor, you'd think he would know better. BUT, I have to say, he apparently has some pretty scary heart issues in his genes, and going vegan can be a great way to cut cholesterol, excess calories, etc. it's probably a pretty danged healthy diet for folks in their 50s trying to prolong their lives. so on that level it may be a good thing. I just think you can eat even healthier while incorporating some dairy, eggs, and certain meats.

I've heard that the bison is one of the only mammals, if not the only, without a reported case of cancer. So I'm going to keep eating it!

Ironic that the book was called, "the china study". When I was there some years ago, I remember thinking that if you were a non-drinking, non-smoking vegetarian, you would basically be insulting people all day long. Every time I turned around, someone was offering me a smoke, a shot of booze, or some pork laden food. The fact that I gladly accepted their gifts of booze and pork was probably enough to make up for the fact that I declined the smokes.

At least then, it was near impossible to consume a truly vegetarian meal in China. Tons of veggies, mind you, but always a bit of chicken fat or salted pork or some such.