[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the most overrated rock band of all time?

millerx

You crazy kids, gawd-danged pot smoking hippies that listen to that loud rock and roll music. I hate you all.

You want some Josh Gordon, it'll mellow you out. And what's with all the hate?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shut your hole hippie :wacko:

Put down the PBR, take off your bandanna and walk away slowly.

ETA: nevermind, I think I just described the last guy I smoked Josh Gordon with. Things are a little hazy right now.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the only rock and roll band on the planet worth a gawd-danged listening to. Ever.

And they smoked some Josh Gordon, that's why they were so chilled out.

you mean that ghey horn band Chicago?

Yes. And the horrible Grunge movement from the Northwest. Only fans of grunge are unemployed wankers that should be gassed to save welfare money for the truly needy.

I'm amazed at some of the classic bands being mentioned. They deserve every accolade even now.

Poison has to be the most overrated band in the history of sound. They weren't even a good hair band, let alone deserving of renewed tour dates because the lead singer wants to get his willie wet on MTV.

Close second... Bon Jovi. Ugh.

Hugely popular and absolutely not deserving.

Yes. And the horrible Grunge movement from the Northwest. Only fans of grunge are unemployed wankers that should be gassed to save welfare money for the truly needy.

Please.

There is so much money in the NW, we could buy that little confederate swamp land y'all like to call The South

Never was so much attributed to a distortion pedal, three chords, and unintelligible lyrics.

dude, that is all of rock music in a nutshell. nirvana wrung as much out of that formula as anyone. they were a great band.

anyone who says the rolling stones is out of their gord. they wrote some of the best songs in rock and roll, and they played the chit out of them. mick jagger may make you want to punch him in the face, but he is hands down one of the two or three top rock vocalists ever without a doubt. keith richards may be insane as an old man, talking about cutting his dad's ashes with some coke and all the rest, but he laid down some of the most kickass guitar licks ever. you can't really overrate a band like that.

I can see why some people would say REM, because a lot of the times peoples' perception of them is shaped by their mediocre late 80s chit that made them really popular. their best records sold poorly and their worst records sold well, and you can see how that would make some people view them as overrated. but I don't think they EVER got the hype of U2, and their first several albums just blow anything U2 ever did completely out of the water.

rush, springsteen and the sex pistols are good calls. the sex pistols just sound crappy to me, and I actually like some of john lydon's later work. the clash and the ramones were soooooo much better bands than the sex pistols.

Edited by Azazello1313