[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would you consider a good quarterly bonus?

vt700guy

What the hell is a bonus? :D

Yeah tell me about it.

but on another back in 1988 when I was 21 i was making a whopping $20K/year and got a $5K XMas bonus...I thought i was King Tut...oh to be young and stupid and spend money like it was water :wacko:

Ok, yeah self-employed in the oil industry. That's using your brain. Know wonder you work for somebody and not on your own.

Uh, you really are as myopic and meglomaniacal as you come off aren't you? In case you didn't notice, genius, my reply was to SuperChargers, not to the guy in the oil industry. :wacko:

How's life in your Mom's basement workin' out for ya? I hope the cats litter box doesn't stink too badly...

What end are you on Polk? Sounds like I need to get on that end.

exploration and distribution surveying

If you can stand upright and not smoke crack I can get you hooked up making right at 6 figures with zero experience

Uh, you really are as myopic and meglomaniacal as you come off aren't you? In case you didn't notice, genius, my reply was to SuperChargers, not to the guy in the oil industry. :D

How's life in your Mom's basement workin' out for ya? I hope the cats litter box doesn't stink too badly...

I'm sorry but I broke up with your mom and longer have to smell the cat oder coming from her box. :wacko:

exploration and distribution surveying

If you can stand upright and not smoke crack I can get you hooked up making right at 6 figures with zero experience

Do they perform the upright standing test on a Friday night? I might be in trouble if they do. :wacko:

Seriously though. What can you tell me about the job? I am in Oklahoma and am not in a position to do a lot of traveling because I have a young daughter.

I don't know that it would really be important but I do have a bachelor's degree in business administration and I'm 2.5 classes away from an MBA. Been working for an oil company for 3 years.

I feel very fortunate.

I get a bonus equal to half my salary once annually (provided I exceed my numbers). If I hit my numbers, I'm at 25%.

It's a nice f'ing check. I'll tell you that.

I'm at 30% annually, but its subjective.

Be interesting to see if they think I work hard all day :wacko:

If it means anything I work for an oil company and as such we are making awesome profits.

I work for the government, since we can only get a raise every three years, we get bonuses for performance. This year, my annual bonus was 1.6%, the top in my group.

:wacko:

I'd rather just have a salary increase. Don't they tax bonuses to hell and back?

They do withhold the taxes at a higher rate. But if you make 100k, $2000 per week or $1000 per week and a $50,000 bonus, you pay exactly the same taxes at the end of the year.

They do withhold the taxes at a higher rate. But if you make 100k, $2000 per week or $1000 per week and a $50,000 bonus, you pay exactly the same taxes at the end of the year.

my 2nd year with the company that i got that 5K bonus with I changed my withholding prior to getting my bonus in year 2 because i knew I had already paid in enough taxes and just would have had to wait to get it back after filing...i think i claimed like 13 or whatever the max was...of course after 1st of the year i had to remember to change it back too