[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Eagles-Cowboys Week 2 Thread

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what Tony Kornheiser was apologizing about? Anyone catch that?

No, but I did hear him say that the only way to stop Westbrook was "quick penetration and grabbing him by the ankles".

While I think the Cowboys have a lot of talent and play well in games they should win, Romo is a guy that needs to show me something in a quasi-meaningful game. Has he ever showed up when in the spotlight?

Does this one count........ :wacko:

I feel good about a loss (if that's possible) as an Eagles fan. I didn't get any sense that the Cowboys are much better than the Eagles and the game really could have gone either way. If anything, the game tonight proved to me that these may be two of the best teams in the NFL.

Good game Dallas. It's ashame that we have to turn right around and play the Steelers next week.

First of all that game ranks very high on my list of best games ever watched. That said, Philly came to play as they always do. Wow what a game. Romo overcame two major mistakes that gave the Birds 14 points. Mcnabb looked the best I have seen him play in a long time. However, he did revert back to the old Mcnabb late. He should have thown the ball away before Ware tracked him down.

Felix Jones is for real. This kid adds another dimension to this offense and special teams. I now have no fear if Barber misses a few games this year.

That 50 pound rookie I refered to earlier is going to be a handful if he every pulls his head out of his arse. Dumb play. I know he may never do that again but it's the mental issues that would concern me. Not very humble and that could cost him as he is way to light in the arse to have an ego like that. Canty almost squashed him like a bug late in the game. To many big hitters in this league to be arrogant and 50 lbs.

Witten is so good. Barber is, well. Barber. If Romo gets him the ball late on that swing pass, he may still be running.

Bottom line, Philly looks strong but the Boys are stronger. Bring on Green Bay.

COWBOYS 08 keep it rollin boys.

TAKE THAT PHILLY.

It didn't go unnoticed that none of you Philly faithful took me up on the sig line avy bet in this post. Truth be told, I was a bit passive myself about it. :wacko:

My avy is what you would have been wearing. :D

Man that game tuckered me out big time. I feel like I just played for quarters. Wow what a game...............

Edited by Cowboyz1

The Cowboys will be tied for last place after tonight.

Come on Eagles D soften them up for us. No injuries just soften them up. :wacko:

No such luck. You still feelin froggy there buddy? See ya next week. We'll be the ones carring a big ole sack of WOOPASS, you won't be able to miss us.

The Bad

The Refs in this game were terrible - Pass Interference should have gone against the Eagles WR, and on the Westbrook reception for TD, was one of the worst holds by a WR Ive seen in some time. Every time in the 1st half Philly needed the zebras, they were there. -

The Ugly

Romo in 14 seconds gave Philly 14 pts -

The Dallas D was no where to be found in the first half. Though alot of this was set up by penalties, some legit, a few bogus as hell. Either way, giving up 30 pts in a half is disturbing.

The Good

The Dallas D shut down the birds in the 2nd half.

Dallas showed they could pretty much score at will, when Romo wasnt turning the ball over.

The NFC East is going to be a battle this year. Philly looks like it has closed the gap on the Giants, and I still think Dallas can beat any team, any where. Now they wont go 16-0, but they will probably have to beat themselves to lose a game. That offense is scary good, and just wait until Garrett starts using Felix Jones more in the passing game, on plays like the Barber TD reception. This offense is going to be a force if they can stay healthy.

I feel good about a loss (if that's possible) as an Eagles fan. I didn't get any sense that the Cowboys are much better than the Eagles and the game really could have gone either way. If anything, the game tonight proved to me that these may be two of the best teams in the NFL.

Good game Dallas. It's ashame that we have to turn right around and play the Steelers next week.

I got a sense dallas was superior in all facets of the game.

Offensively they scored at will, when Romo wasnt giving the ball away

Defensively, when they needed a stop, they got it late in the game.

Special Teams - Felix Jones is the real deal

Like I said before, bogus penalties and gift 14 pts were the only reason this game was this exciting. Dallas had to overcome both, and did.

How many face mask penalties weren't called on you guys in the first half? 3 of our drives were stopped by face mask penalties not being called so spare me your ref heartache please

You said it before I could. That was a bad PI call but it looked like the right call from every angle but one. The refs cant be everywhere. There were some blatant facemasks that went uncalled. 2 in the first half that I saw.

Like I said before, bogus penalties and gift 14 pts were the only reason this game was this exciting. Dallas had to overcome both, and did.

Kudos to the Cowboys....outstanding, exciting football game, and the better team won, as they were expected to do. Before the season, I felt the Eagles were an 11-5, 12-4 team...still do....and in both scenarios, I had them losing at Dallas. The way they played yesterday was encouraging, and something that, once the sting wears off, will make them better as the season progresses.

But please, gimme a break on the refs....there were countless calls missed on both sides....facemasks, holdings....

But perhaps the biggest was when they ruled the 3rd-down Jackson catch on the opening drive incomplete (the one he fumbled into the endzone, recovered by the Eagles for a TD). It should have either been down-by-contact and Eagles ball (1st and goal from the three), or an Eagle TD...instead they settle for for a FG. Guess what the difference in the game was?

There were just as many calls in the Eagles favor....the refs were a moot point.

And the "gift" 14 points....be real. How much more slack you gonna cut Romo in these big games. Sounds like everytime the Cowboys lose, or struggle, they are giving a gift to someone. Seattle two years ago, the Giants last year, the Eagles yesterday....the one thing they all have in common is a QB that turns the ball over at alarmingly bad times. That has to change for the Cowboys to take it to the next level.

Seattle two years ago, the Giants last year, the Eagles yesterday....the one thing they all have in common is a QB that turns the ball over at alarmingly bad times. That has to change for the Cowboys to take it to the next level.

I think you better turn that boney finger at your own QB. How many times has Mcnabb had the chance to win the big one and made a mistake to end your season. Run out of gas in the biggest game of his life. Not to mention what was he doing with the game on the line letting Ware come from Florida to chase him down when he could have just thrown the ball away and it been 3rd and long rather then 4th and a mile. How long has Mcnabb been in the league? You'd think you would be more critical of your own QB who fumbled the handoff he has done 5000 times and at the most alarming time. Mistakes happen and I would expect more from your cagey vet.

I think you better turn that boney finger at your own QB.

Trust me, we have been pointing that finger at Mcnabb for years....and are doing so again this AM, even in light of playing 95% solid football last night. he has been under the microscope here in Philly since the day he was drafted (which was the first day he was booed).

On the other hand, the Cowboys faithful has this surreal infatuation with Romo that the rest of the league just doesn't get. You'll have to explain to me why a 6-year veteran (in his 3rd-year starting ) continues to get a pass for making some of the most boneheaded plays and decisions a QB could make. He has played poorly when the pressure is on (see Dallas's late season collapse and early playoff exit two years ago, their loss to the Eagles in Week 15 last year that cost them HFA, their playoff loss last year, and countless big games where he has come up smallish along the way). He did everything he could to give the game to the Eagles last night, and the Eagles weren't good enough to take it.

We'll always have to be concerned with Mcnabb's ability to come thru in the clutch...but at least he has demonstated the ability to win big games early in his career, winning multiple playoff games and taking his team to the Super Bowl. But we also realize that he is prone to making mistakes at the worst time. Its a monkey he'll never get off his back here in Philly unless he somehow, unlikely and unfair as it may be, brings this town a trophy.

Just not sure why you can't admit the same about Romo?

Trust me, we have been pointing that finger at Mcnabb for years....and are doing so again this AM, even in light of playing 95% solid football last night. he has been under the microscope here in Philly since the day he was drafted (which was the first day he was booed).

On the other hand, the Cowboys faithful has this surreal infatuation with Romo that the rest of the league just doesn't get. You'll have to explain to me why a 6-year veteran (in his 3rd-year starting ) continues to get a pass for making some of the most boneheaded plays and decisions a QB could make. He has played poorly when the pressure is on (see Dallas's late season collapse and early playoff exit two years ago, their loss to the Eagles in Week 15 last year that cost them HFA, their playoff loss last year, and countless big games where he has come up smallish along the way). He did everything he could to give the game to the Eagles last night, and the Eagles weren't good enough to take it.

We'll always have to be concerned with Mcnabb's ability to come thru in the clutch...but at least he has demonstated the ability to win big games early in his career, winning multiple playoff games and taking his team to the Super Bowl. But we also realize that he is prone to making mistakes at the worst time. Its a monkey he'll never get off his back here in Philly unless he somehow, unlikely and unfair as it may be, brings this town a trophy.

I think it's because I am so happy we don't have the likes of Bledsoe, Carter, Vinny the pick, and Chad Hutchison, I just don't want to be to critical. I mean we haven't had a playmaker since Aikman retired. So when I compare what we had to what we have now, well I am stoked. I will admitt Romo is not without errors that have put me on my arse a couple of times now. However, the last time I felt like we are always in games is when Aikman was under center. I feel like we always have a chance now no matter what happens. That is a very good feeling for a change. We will see as time passes what Romo will do in big games because they are coming and very soon. Last night was one of them.

I am not saying he is perfect but he is playing great football and shaking off bad plays and coming back time after time to make up for them. You can't knock a guy for making up for mistakes two fold and nabbing a W. Romo is a lot like Farve, you take the good with the bad, but he finds a way to give us more good then bad.

Think about this for a minute, Romo has one less 300 yard game then Aikman had in his entire career. He has a QB rating over 100 in 17 games. Just take a look at what this guy is doing in his short time as the Boys signal caller. Records for Touchdown passes in a season, Passing yards. Come on are you seeing what this kid is doing.

Edited by Cowboyz1

the game was great...momentum shifted back and forth like a seesaw, McNabb screwed up and with the way the game went...it could have easily been Romo....

I'd like to see a difference when Curtis comes back and we are later in the season...

the unfortunate part here is that I had the Steelers beating us, regardless of the outcome of last nights game because it's going to be a short week coming off such a physical game.. and here comes another one...

the unfortunate part here is that I had the Steelers beating us, regardless of the outcome of last nights game because it's going to be a short week coming off such a physical game.. and here comes another one...

I know, right around the corner we both have to get up for another show down. That's how this league is though, and that is why they call it a marathon and not a sprint. Rookies and young players don't understand how long this season is with the games getting bigger as each and every week goes by. Get out of one barn burner just to do it all again the next week, but now with more implications as 2-1 is much better then 1-2 and if the latter happens then the next weeks game is even bigger. Wow I love this game.

I know, right around the corner we both have to get up for another show down. That's how this league is though, and that is why they call it a marathon and not a sprint. Rookies and young players don't understand how long this season is with the games getting bigger as each and every week goes by. Get out of one barn burner just to do it all again the next week, but now with more implications as 2-1 is much better then 1-2 and if the latter happens then the next weeks game is even bigger. Wow I love this game.

exactly...but honestly, where are the Bengals when you need em?.....

THE STEELERS?......jeeze..

I'd be fine with a Steelers matchup the following week, I just think that extra day means all the difference in the world...

Great game last night.

High scoring, just like I figured.

I didn't get to sleep until it was over and am fighting the sleepy eye today. It was worth it though.

My fantasy teams did very well thanks to both teams.

Deshaun Jackson....What can I say? Oh. Boy. Cost me 6pts too. :wacko:

That is gonna be a dogfight for the NFC East title.

All three(Dallas,Philly,NY) look very good so far.

Edited by Largent80

Great game last night.

High scoring, just like I figured.

I didn't get to sleep until it was over and am fighting the sleepy eye today. It was worth it though.

My fantasy teams did very well thanks to both teams.

Deshaun Jackson....What can I say? Oh. Boy. Cost me 6pts too. :wacko:

That is gonna be a dogfight for the NFC West title.

All three(Dallas,Philly,NY) look very good so far.

:D

Romo hasnt even completed 2 full seasons as starter yet. And Dallas had HFA last yr, so how did that cost them in week 15. Romo hasnt come up small, hell last yr against Buffalo he turned it over 5 or 6 times, and he still led Dallas to a win. Id take Romo right now over McNabb and never think twice about it. Romo was an undrafted FA, who worked his ass off and is now one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the NFL. McNabb was a 1st round pick, what #2 overall , playing how many years, and he still makes boneheaded plays. We are sympathetic to Romo, because of his inexperience. Just wait till he has half the experience McNabb has. We have suffered through Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew henson before Romo took over midseason in 2006. Who last yr thought Dallas would be 13-3, and have HFA through out the playoffs. No one. Not even Cowboy fans, and Romo is the biggest reason why this team is where it is today. We are willing to give the guy a break because of his work ethic, and because we support our team no matter what. We also know what life in the NFL is like without a good Qb, we just went through a decade of that, so Romo is a breath of fresh air in Dallas. And how many big plays has he made, when he should have just thrown it away. He is a gunslinger like Favre, and you live and die with that. Id rather he tone that down a bit, but McNabb cant even decide if he wants to hand the ball off to Westbrook or not, double clutching the handoff. Id take Romo's make it happen attitude over McNabbs indecision any day.

edit: Dallas may be sitting its starters week 17. So Im not expecting anywhere close to this kind of game again between these 2 again in the regular season.

Edited by Sgt Ryan