[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 2 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Guys - you know I have a website, right? I also have an e-mail list that I send out all plays. I sent out on Fri night the Ten and Chi plays.

Today I sent out Oak and posted it to my site.

Check my website out, all there. Also was posted at the rx and covers. I guess I forgot to post it here.... Glad you got the winners that you did. Get the on the e-mail list and you won't miss any. I'm doing some big things this year and am stretching myself thin at various sites, so there may be times where I think I posted the play everywhere but missed posting it one site.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - you know I have a website, right? I also have an e-mail list that I send out all plays. I sent out on Fri night the Ten and Chi plays.

Today I sent out Oak and posted it to my site.

Check my website out, all there. Also was posted at the rx and covers. I guess I forgot to post it here.... Glad you got the winners that you did. Get the on the e-mail list and you won't miss any. I'm doing some big things this year and am stretching myself thin at various sites, so there may be times where I think I posted the play everywhere but missed posting it one site.

I got the email Dre (11:06am), and played it! :wacko:

I went 9-0 while pushing chicago (got it at -3) and denver (-1).

Best day Ive had in a ver very long time, hopefully the under and clev come through tonight.

Great job DRE!!!! dont stretch yourself too thin on tooo many sites.....lol.

I tailed Tenn but not for the game. I took the individual over (18). Hit my NE pick too. Had a big week of baseball as well. This was one of my bext weeks in a very long time.

fellas - a little food for thought since 4 of these haven't kicked yet. Below are the consensus top 5 picks in the NFL Hilton contest - the top 5 have usually been pretty solid plays - just thought I would throw em out for comparing....

NE

BUFF

SF

DEN

PITT

goin to have to watch these moving forward

3-1-1 works any day - (DEN -1 when picks were made) I had em at 1.5 on Bodog- fun

I got the email Dre (11:06am), and played it! :wacko:

I went 9-0 while pushing chicago (got it at -3) and denver (-1).

Best day Ive had in a ver very long time, hopefully the under and clev come through tonight.

Great job DRE!!!! dont stretch yourself too thin on tooo many sites.....lol.

Thanks mojo. 9-0 is a sick day and comes once every 10 years if you are lucky, so enjoy those results. And glad you got down on Cle/Under last night.

I knew w/ the weather that the game was going to be low scoring. I didn't release the under, though I contemplated doing on my site.

all good homie - see, the idea is to post yer plays BEFORE the games

no kidding. We had a lot of these clowns last eyar that came on after the weekend, saying how well they did. Amazing how many folks we always have ceom on here on Sunday nights that killed their book... :wacko:

YTD, 4-4 on footbal now, with the CLE cover last night....but since I bet $10,000 on the Brownies as my big play of the weekend, I am waaaaaay ahead.

:D

no kidding. We had a lot of these clowns last eyar that came on after the weekend, saying how well they did. Amazing how many folks we always have ceom on here on Sunday nights that killed their book... :wacko:

YTD, 4-4 on footbal now, with the CLE cover last night....but since I bet $10,000 on the Brownies as my big play of the weekend, I am waaaaaay ahead.

:D

.....but swammi not everyone is trying to compete with Dre by picking games......in the past I've come out saying I lost 8+ games.....winning or losing I'm not posting for anybody to follow me..... I just was real excited and wanted to thank Dre on his picks because I usually lose to my book or not win too much. Ive never had a week like this and I was just (and still on) a cloud.

In no way am I boasting my picks or want people to trail me. Dre is doing a really good job (like last year). I advise going with his picks.

.....but swammi not everyone is trying to compete with Dre by picking games......in the past I've come out saying I lost 8+ games.....winning or losing I'm not posting for anybody to follow me..... I just was real excited and wanted to thank Dre on his picks because I usually lose to my book or not win too much. Ive never had a week like this and I was just (and still on) a cloud.

In no way am I boasting my picks or want people to trail me. Dre is doing a really good job (like last year). I advise going with his picks.

I understand...no one is trying to compete with Dre. But this isn't a "follow Dre board". Its a thread where posters are invited to share their thoughts on games, and their selections. And integrity is key.

I use Dre's excellent analysis and picks to suplpement my own thinking...I don't trail Dre, or anyone (though maybe I should :wacko: ).

But kudos on your picks...never went 11-0 in one weekend, so I imagine that cloud your on is floating real high :D

Be interested, as an Eagles fan, to see who you (and Dre) like tonight.

always fun to look at the early lines

09/21/08 391 Chiefs(KansasCity)

OFF +4.5 Over 35.5

13:05 ET 392 Falcons(Atlanta)

OFF -4.5 Under 35.5

09/21/08 393 Raiders(Oakland)

OFF +9 Over 37

13:05 ET 394 Bills(Buffalo)

OFF -9 Under 37

09/21/08 395 Texans(Houston)

OFF +5 Over 38

13:05 ET 396 Titans(Tennessee)

OFF -5 Under 38

09/21/08 397 Bengals(Cincinnati)

OFF +13 Over 42

13:05 ET 398 Giants(NewYork)

OFF -13 Under 42

09/21/08 399 Cardinals(Arizona)

OFF +3 Over 42

13:05 ET 400 Redskins(Washington)

OFF -3 Under 42

09/21/08 401 Dolphins(Miami)

OFF +13 Over 34.5

13:05 ET 402 Patriots(NewEngland)

OFF -13 Under 34.5

09/21/08 403 Buccaneers(TampaBay)

OFF +3 Over 35.5

13:05 ET 404 Bears(Chicago)

OFF -3 Under 35.5

09/21/08 405 Panthers(Carolina)

OFF +3.5 Over 37

13:05 ET 406 Vikings(Minnesota)

OFF -3.5 Under 37

09/21/08 407 Rams(StLouis)

OFF +10 Over 44.5

16:10 ET 408 Seahawks(Seattle)

OFF -10 Under 44.5

09/21/08 409 Lions(Detroit)

OFF +4 Over 45

16:10 ET 410 49ers(SanFrancisco)

OFF -4 Under 45

09/21/08 411 Saints(NewOrleans)

OFF +5.5 Over 51.5

16:10 ET 412 Broncos(Denver)

OFF -5.5 Under 51.5

09/21/08 415 Jaguars(Jacksonville)

OFF +5.5 Over 42

16:20 ET 416 Colts(Indianapolis)

OFF -5.5 Under 42

09/22/08 421 Jets(NewYork)

OFF +9.5 Over 43

20:40 ET 422 Chargers(SanDiego)

OFF -9.5 Under 43

for tonight's game - this to me looks like a gift +120 that neither team score 3 straight times

Eagles vs Cowboys - Will Either Team Score 3 Straight Times w/o Other Team Scoring

9/15/08 205 Yes (Conversions Excluded)

-150 OFF OFF

20:35 ET No (Conversions Excluded)

+120 OFF OFF

5-1 on posted plays here so far. Tonight I like the Eagles +7. Not much analysis here. Divisional opponents. Eagles have a superior coaching staff that seem to have the Cowboys number. Eagles have won 6 of last 8 in Dallas. Spread is too high because the public loves to lay the heavy lumber on the 'Boys. Close game. Eagles could very well win straight up.

5-1 on posted plays here so far. Tonight I like the Eagles +7. Not much analysis here. Divisional opponents. Eagles have a superior coaching staff that seem to have the Cowboys number. Eagles have won 6 of last 8 in Dallas. Spread is too high because the public loves to lay the heavy lumber on the 'Boys. Close game. Eagles could very well win straight up.

I see what you're sayin' and the numbers don't lie, I suppose... but something tells me the Boys handle an Eagle defense that has perplexed them as of late.... and the Dallas defense pounds the Eagle offense into submission. I may or may not bet on it... but I see the Cowboys winning by 10+.

This was my e-mail play sent out earlier today:

Phi +7

A few of the reasons why I like this play:

* Dallas is 0-5 ATS on MNF as the Fav since 2000, including 0-4 ATS as Home Favs and 1-3 SU.

* Eagles are 5-1 ATS as Road Dogs on MNF since 2000, including 5-1 SU.

* In the first 3 weeks of the season, after a win, Dallas is 1-5-1 ATS as a home favorite.

* Road dogs on MNF in NFC East are 11-1 ATS and 10-2 SU in the last 10 years.

* Dallas is 2-7 ATS after a win when playing as a home fav vs. NFC East, including 4-5 SU. They are on a 7 consecutive ATS loss streak.

I think the Eagles do have the opportunity to win this game. But I will hope for a close game that ends within one TD. Also, I don't want you to think I am a "trend bettor". I use it as a tool to share my plays with you, but you can bet that I factor a lot more into my plays than these trends. However, certain trends are valuable, and I create angles and then research these angles from scratch on each trend I post.

What to do if the line moves off of 7? I know that will be a big question for many of you. At the time of this writing, you can still get 7, but most outlets already are at 6.5.

#1 -There is a chance you can get 7 closer to kickoff.

#2 - You can simply buy that half point if you don't want to wait.

#3 - You can just take 6.5.

I won't tell you what to do, it is your money. I can only tell you I like Philly and have them at +7. Would I feel more comfortable for you if you had the 7? YES! But do I dislike Philly at +6.5? Definitely NOT!

I am not the type of guy who always advises buying points. Sometimes they help, other times they are too expensive and really hamstring you into having a much higher win % to profit due to the higher juice. So you can make the decision on that.

I am 3-0 to start the Week 2 and hoping to finish on a positive note. Win or lose, my system begins to kick in next week. While it will take a few weeks for it to sync up and really hone in on the value plays, it will be good to have it as a reference tool next week.

Good luck tonight.

This was my e-mail play sent out earlier today:

Phi +7

A few of the reasons why I like this play:

* Dallas is 0-5 ATS on MNF as the Fav since 2000, including 0-4 ATS as Home Favs and 1-3 SU.

* Eagles are 5-1 ATS as Road Dogs on MNF since 2000, including 5-1 SU.

* In the first 3 weeks of the season, after a win, Dallas is 1-5-1 ATS as a home favorite.

* Road dogs on MNF in NFC East are 11-1 ATS and 10-2 SU in the last 10 years.

* Dallas is 2-7 ATS after a win when playing as a home fav vs. NFC East, including 4-5 SU. They are on a 7 consecutive ATS loss streak.

I think the Eagles do have the opportunity to win this game. But I will hope for a close game that ends within one TD. Also, I don't want you to think I am a "trend bettor". I use it as a tool to share my plays with you, but you can bet that I factor a lot more into my plays than these trends. However, certain trends are valuable, and I create angles and then research these angles from scratch on each trend I post.

What to do if the line moves off of 7? I know that will be a big question for many of you. At the time of this writing, you can still get 7, but most outlets already are at 6.5.

#1 -There is a chance you can get 7 closer to kickoff.

#2 - You can simply buy that half point if you don't want to wait.

#3 - You can just take 6.5.

I won't tell you what to do, it is your money. I can only tell you I like Philly and have them at +7. Would I feel more comfortable for you if you had the 7? YES! But do I dislike Philly at +6.5? Definitely NOT!

I am not the type of guy who always advises buying points. Sometimes they help, other times they are too expensive and really hamstring you into having a much higher win % to profit due to the higher juice. So you can make the decision on that.

I am 3-0 to start the Week 2 and hoping to finish on a positive note. Win or lose, my system begins to kick in next week. While it will take a few weeks for it to sync up and really hone in on the value plays, it will be good to have it as a reference tool next week.

Good luck tonight.

See, this is what I like about Dre. I formulate my own opinions. Based on a lifetime of watching and betting football. Sometimes I don't really know why I like a pick. But I know it is good. And then Dre comes along with all the statistical information that seems to confirms my opinion. I don't always have time to crunch numbers, I just pick from the gut and a limited look at the recent trends most of the time. Dre does the hard legwork with his amazing base of information. When my opinion matches his, I like where I am at.

The Eagles are the right play tonight even if you end up losing. Yeah, the Cowboys could come in and catch some blown coverages early and turn it into a laugher. But I sure as hell wouldn't bet on it. When I saw the opening line for this game, it stood out like a red beacon. I'm thinking 3-4. Vegas is thinking 7. Free money.

I do not advocate gambling. Gambling is evil. But I sure hope I win!!!!

I don't usually win so I don't usually bet. I did however post 2 games that I liked in this thread this week and won both.

Take the points and the over.

I almost played over but thought better of it. Definitely lean that way though.

on the Eagles and the under....everyone is thinking 30+ for each team, but I see both teams playing solid defense, and some feild positon battles. Romo has been average on Monday nights, and worse in big games.

Eagles 20, Dallas 17.

But I am an eagles homer, so take my pick with a grain of salt

on the Eagles and the under....everyone is thinking 30+ for each team, but I see both teams playing solid defense, and some feild positon battles. Romo has been average on Monday nights, and worse in big games.

Eagles 20, Dallas 17.

But I am an eagles homer, so take my pick with a grain of salt

Or an entire shaker. :D

I took the Boys -7 and the over (46 I believe). :wacko: We'll see how it all plays out. At least with the TO TD and McNabb's recent score, I won my local. :D