[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember.

Riffraff

it's that sound of all those fire engines that always gets me as much as anything else. so painful, but necessary, to remember.

I usually try and listen to this piece on this anniversary. highly recommended if you are at all into contemporary classical music.

I remember coming to the huddle that morning. someone, hugh I think, posted something when the first news reports were coming in. in the days after I remember reading that thread and sort of watching events unfold through the chronology of the posts.

all of it is still so shocking. :wacko:

it's that sound of all those fire engines that always gets me as much as anything else. so painful, but necessary, to remember.

I usually try and listen to this piece on this anniversary. highly recommended if you are at all into contemporary classical music.

I remember coming to the huddle that morning. someone, hugh I think, posted something when the first news reports were coming in. in the days after I remember reading that thread and sort of watching events unfold through the chronology of the posts.

all of it is still so shocking. :wacko:

I'd like to read that thread. Big John?

I remember the day very well. What has become a blur are all the funerals and working cleanup and recovery at the Towers in the days and weeks that followed. Mostly, I try to bury those memories, but every year... there is another Sept 11. I don't watch specials, or listen to the memerorial services... I kind of live with them all the time.

Each of us where touched differently that day, and each of us deals with it's memory differently as well. The date, the anniversary doesn't have much meaning to me, I guess because that day is with me every day, but I will say it gets easier to deal with every passing year. I think this is true for many New Yorkers.... those that lost loved ones, friends, and worked at ground zero in the aftermath. The people I know who sifted through the rubble don't really want to talk about it.. or re-live it. The anniversary stirs up a lot of stuff...

Having said that, it is good to see that the poeple of this fine country want to rememeber it. It's the right thing to do. :wacko:

I remember the day very well. What has become a blur are all the funerals and working cleanup and recovery at the Towers in the days and weeks that followed. Mostly, I try to bury those memories, but every year... there is another Sept 11. I don't watch specials, or listen to the memerorial services... I kind of live with them all the time.

Each of us where touched differently that day, and each of us deals with it's memory differently as well. The date, the anniversary doesn't have much meaning to me, I guess because that day is with me every day, but I will say it gets easier to deal with every passing year. I think this is true for many New Yorkers.... those that lost loved ones, friends, and worked at ground zero in the aftermath. The people I know who sifted through the rubble don't really want to talk about it.. or re-live it. The anniversary stirs up a lot of stuff...

Having said that, it is good to see that the poeple of this fine country want to rememeber it. It's the right thing to do. :wacko:

My brother was there for a few months and you are right

It really didn't fully sink in until a week or so later when I drove up to our Rosslyn office right by the tarped-up Pentagon and there was anti-aircraft batteries (or Patriot missiles) on the grass field by the off-ramps. When you see it with your own eyes, it's more dramatic to me than on TV.

I remember the night of 9/11 when all the commercial planes were grounded. I couldn't sleep and all night long I heard jets flying overhead-obviously military aircraft. I live in the SF Bay Area at the time. That was pretty eerie.