[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johnson trade Value?

siouxfan

Some of you guys should qualify PPR or not (regardless Johnson was a stud Week 1).

He is a starter in PPR leagues and is the lead dog in Tennessee. If you didn't see the game Sunday, realize the carries were only 15/15 because Johnson was in the locker room. [Lendale had 9 carries through 3 quarters; had 6 carries on the final 2 drives/last 6:00 of the game]

Own Johnson in 3 leagues. Have received offers from the White owners in all 3 leagues. You can bend over all you want [Lendale owners], but you aren't getting my Johnson.

There's not a single facet of the game in which Lendale is superior to Johnson. Don't bring between the tackles running the equation .......Johnson looked sensational there Sunday. I'm sure they put the blob in there in short yardage to avoid having Johnson take the pounding. Which is smart to do, to keep your best (and only) offensive weapon healthy.

Johnson is your 2008 Rookie of the Year if he remains healthy. .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....There's not a single facet of the game in which Lendale is superior to Johnson. Don't bring between the tackles running the equation .......Johnson looked sensational there Sunday. ...

Too true. It wasn't two weeks ago people thought that the 'between the tackles' argument made Lendale the entrenched starter. That Johnson would be used as a gimmick rather than trying get him the ball as much as he can handle.

Job security isn't plodding 3 yard carries, zero involvement in the passing game, and needing a bear claw pit stop after any burst of 20+yds. The TEN OL is too good to be churning out such depressed output via the running game.

as much as I would like having Cotchery on my team, I wouldn't trade Chris Johnson for him..

next year he will be lingering around the top 5 if he stays healthy...why would I give that potential of low risk/high reward up for a WR2?....

Exactly what I am thinking. (PPR) Johnson looks to have the brightest future of any of the rookie running backs after 1 week (with Forte possibly being the exception). We'll see what happens after week 2, but another solid game and I would hold on to him unless an impossible to refuse offer came my way.

Edited by TDFFFreak

We'll see but I think all you Johnson owners think you have more than you really do.

the only thing that kept him from getting 100 rush, 5 rec 50 yds and 1 rec TD was a cramp....against Jacksonville no-less....

if he stays healthy...like any other RB, (even if it was week 1, they are still a very sizable front 4)...he'll produce because he has the chance and the ability to produce...

We'll see but I think all you Johnson owners think you have more than you really do.

Cincy gave up 230 rushing last week including a 38 yard TD run by the rookie QB. There will probably be plenty of rushing yards to go around. Too bad Vince got hurt, this game could've boosted his confidence.

Just to play the Devil's Advocate a little bit...

Wasnt it Week 1 last year when Chris Brown ran wild all over the Jags only to dissappear from fantasy relevance shortly thereafter? Not saying I think it will happen to Johnson (as I own him in one league and hope he continues to light it up) but isnt it a little bit presumptive to think his value is only going to go up from where it is now? Depending on what it cost you to get him(I got him in the 8th rd(89th overall)) and how your team looks, if someone was/is willing to give you a legit WR2 or better for him off of one week's performance, might you not want to pull the trigger?

Its a pretty sick feeling to see a player you traded away going great on someone else's team. Its also pretty sick to be stuck with a guy you could have sold high but is now not doing much of anything for you. Just sayin...

Edited by Delicious_bass

Just to play the Devil's Advocate a little bit...

Wasnt it Week 1 last year when Chris Brown ran wild all over the Jags only to dissappear from fantasy relevance shortly thereafter? Not saying I think it will happen to Johnson (as I own him in one league and hope he continues to light it up) but isnt it a little bit presumptive to think his value is only going to go up from where it is now? Depending on what it cost you to get him(I got him in the 8th rd(89th overall)) and how you're team looks, if someone was/is willing to give you a legit WR2 or better for him off of one week's performance, might you not want to pull the trigger?

Its a pretty sick feeling to see a player you traded away going great on someone else's team. Its also pretty sick to be stuck with a guy you could have sold high but is now not doing much of anything for you. Just sayin...

Chris Johnson probably got hurt during that game...he always gets hurt due to his style....

you just can't compare the two...

signed, a jealous non Chris Johnson owner

It all goes back to the mine is gold, yours is bronze trading mentality I keep running into.

I own Johnson in my main local and I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves. He might be the amazing wonder he looks like at times...I'm just going to wait it out. Most of my leagues don't trade much anyway. I think everyone is just paranoid that they are going to get screwed over.

Not jealous at all. Just really surprised that y'all seem to think he's the second coming of christ one game into his rookie year.

Actually I thought that before the first game - the first game just helped confirm it. :wacko:

Yeah, you aren't going to get Braylon or Marshall for him, but you should be able to get WR #2's. Check the teams in your league and see who is in need of a RB. The top WR #2's, IMHO, are Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, SHolmes. Holmes is a good buy low candidate after his poor week 1.

My thing is let's see what Brandon Marshall does....he hasn't played yet this year......who knows...he COULD (and i preface that as COULD) be a one year wonder...I doubt he is....but, too many folks are saying he's the next Randy Moss.....!

I think Chris Johnson has tremendous upside......If a Brandon Marshall owner has a good receiving corp but weak backs, who knows, might go for it.....

My thing is let's see what Brandon Marshall does....he hasn't played yet this year......who knows...he COULD (and i preface that as COULD) be a one year wonder...I doubt he is....but, too many folks are saying he's the next Randy Moss.....!

I think Chris Johnson has tremendous upside......If a Brandon Marshall owner has a good receiving corp but weak backs, who knows, might go for it.....

Marshall will be more like the next TO rather than Moss.....his nickname is even "Baby T.O."

and I consider Marshall at equal value of Johnson right now as Johnson will be a 1st round RB next year if he stays healthy and Marshall will be a top 5 WR....

I'd start Johnson (vs. Cincy) over Addai (vs. MN) w/o hesitation in PPR (only leagues I play in). Barring some sort of in-game injury, It'd be a shocker he's not Top 10 this week.

The repeated head issues Addai has are worrisome. So is the 3.5 ypc or thereabout he's averaged on the ground for the past 10 or so games. I expect Rhodes to see quite a bit of work this week -- Not to mention they're playing the great run D of Minn.

Edited by cory_n_az

I'm thinking about sitting Addai vs. the Vikes this week in favor of Johnson. Portis is my #2. What do you guys think?

"never sit your studs" is what I keep thinking.

Im starting Johnson this week over S.Jackson....my RB #2 is E.Graham..

when your stud is SJAX and Addai...well after week one they have to earn a spot in the starting lineup

weebo -

I like your style and thinking...

Manage your team as if you're out there on the gridiron - I know it sounds freakin' krazee.........

C. Johnson vs. Cinn. will equal be equal to if not better than most of the RB#2's and some RB #1's, if that makes any sense.

CJ2 has HomeRun Power so if you have him on your bench, you gotsta consider putting him in there....

UJack :wacko::D

• 2 weeks later...