[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zia's Family Fund

The Wolf

OK Huddlers...it's time to come together the way this community can. I have set up a PayPal account and will collect any donations made for this great cause. Billy is choosing to take on an enormous and admirable task...and for that, he deserves our help. He's already got our respect.

Please PayPal any contributions you wish to my Bubba Helps charitable account. Email address is: rob1121 AT yahoo.com. It is a business account so donations using credit cards are accepted, as well as debit cards and traditional bank account transfers. In the subject or notes section, simply write: Project Zia. We don't want PayPal thinking this is gambling money and withdrawing their services.

Thank you all in advance...we really can make a difference.

Billy's post from his thread...when you read this, you will understand the size of what he is doing:

I have decided to take on probably what is the biggest project of my life recently. As a lot of you know, I have an older sister that is now in a persistant vegatative state due to an accident 8 years ago. For those of you that do not know the whole story, she was hit by a car while riding a bicycle and spent a few years in a coma. She now can not do much except sit in her bed or wheelchair. She can breathe on her own, but has to be fed via a feeding tube. She still has some communication through smiles, moans, and eye movement but even that isn't constant. My mom, who is an absolute angel, just like my sister Monica was, had to quit her job in order to take care of her. There was a lawsuit against the sixteen year old girl that hit her, but the only assets she had was a trust fund that her dad had left her which could not be taken for some legal reasons. So with the girl giving no financial support and my mom not being able to pay for the nursing home care (she is only 34 now) that she required, there was no other choice but to bring her home.

Needless to say, these events changed not only Monica's life, but also totally threw my moms life totally upside down. My mom has never lived a lavish lifestyle, but of course with her not working she had to scale things back. She was able to get a small salary for being my sisters caregiver during the days. Given the circumstances, she (along with my stepdad) had for the most part managed to keep their heads above water financially. Unfortunately, the bad luck continued as he lost his job a few months ago due to health problems that kept him from being able to perform his job duties. He was able to get unemployment, but not much. Depsite all the hardships they have gone through, my mom continues to look at the positives in life and is thankful that we still have Monica around, even if it is not the way we have known her for the majority of oour lives. They both re awesome women and probably my two biggest inspirations in life. So, I have recently decided that I need to take the goodness that they have always displayed and try my best to give some of that back to them. My problem is.........I am not sure where and how to get started.

What I would like to do is somehow help them get a new home that fits my sisters needs and is not always requiring constant repairs. For the past 27 years my mom has lived in a singlewide mobile home that her and my dad purchased in 1981 when they were still married. Its the place me and all four of my sisters called home while we were growing up. There are many great memories in that home and it was always a roof over our head even when other things weren't so great. But as you can probably imagine, it has started to show serious signs of wear over the past few years. Unfortunately, this last storm we had caused more ceiling leaks to pop up too. There are some wire shorts in the house that an electrician said would probably require a lot of new wiring that wouldn't be justified given the age of the house. Parts of the floor are starting to buckle real bad in certain spots. I know it is no where near as bad as some people have it, but still is not the kind of house I want to see my mom and sister living in, especially since it is barely big enough to wheel my sister around in.

So........now I just have to figure out how exactly I am going to do this. I would love to just go down and buy them a new house straight out of my pocket, but realistically that is just not an option I have financially. I have thought of maybe some type of fundraiser, not only on a local level but also possibly an a bigger scale as well. I know some larger companies will sometime make donations, since they can use them as tax rightoffs. I have also considered looking into different foundations that specialize in cases like theirs, but I don't really know what all is out there.

I AM going to make this happen, I just dont know how yet. I know there are some great people here at the huddle with some great ideas and different areas of expertise. So I am asking for any suggestions, ideas, or whatever that anyone might think of to help me make this possible. If anyone wants to privately contact me you can reach me via PM, IM (ziachild - AIM or yahoo), or email (ziachild07 AT hotmail.com). I appreciate your prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes and look forward to your responses.

--Billy "Zia"

Edited by The Wolf

Wolf... can a donation be made via snail mail and check? I will contribute, but it will be early Oct before I can do so. August is a down month for my biz, but September billings make up for it. If I can mail a check... maybe you can PM me with an address and what to make the check payable too?

TIA

Wolf... can a donation be made via snail mail and check? I will contribute, but it will be early Oct before I can do so. August is a down month for my biz, but September billings make up for it. If I can mail a check... maybe you can PM me with an address and what to make the check payable too?

TIA

Thanks pal! :wacko: PM sent!

Paypal on its way now. Billy is great people without a doubt, I have just started getting into leagues with him but know for sure he is a standup guy. Besides, whoelse would give me Pierce, M. Kelly and $20 for Randy moss :wacko:

Received. Thank you so much, Ted!!!

Hi Everyone...note that I will provide a weekly summary every Monday. Names of donators will be kept private (although I am telling Billy) but I will post total donations received and $ amounts, as well as a running total.

That works.

$$ sent.

Got it...thanks Tom! :wacko:

You're doin' a great job, Wolf! Let's all pray and hope that Zia's dream are realized!

Zia,

We have provided help to many other deserving soles here at the Huddle, and I have been impressed, and humbled w/ the Huddler spirit! Your's is very justified.

May God bless you, your family, and your intentions. I hope and pray you reach your goal!

Peace!

You're doin' a great job, Wolf! Let's all pray and hope that Zia's dream are realized!

Zia,

We have provided help to many other deserving soles here at the Huddle, and I have been impressed, and humbled w/ the Huddler spirit! Your's is very justified.

May God bless you, your family, and your intentions. I hope and pray you reach your goal!

Peace!

Thanks RR! It really means a lot to me that my "huddle family" is coming to my aid when I need to help out my immediate family. I can say it over and over again, but words just won't be able to show the respect and gratitude I have for you all. I truly thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

:wacko:

Paypal sent, great job Wolf.

Zia those are some awesome pictures. You have a beautiful family. Just one question, what happened with you. :wacko:

I hope and pray your dream is realized and your mom and sister get what they need.