[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 92

budlitebrad

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir HW Title Bout

Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans LHW Title Bout

Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson

CB Dolloway vs. Jorge Rivera

Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister

Cheick Kongo vs. Mustapha Al-Turk

Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan

Definitely buying this one on PPV. :wacko:

• 2 months later...

I think the fight I'm most excited to see is Frank Mir Vs Big Nog. We're going to see a BJJ show tonight for that fight. The two best heavyweights when it comes to Jits... I do think many are counting out Frank Mir to quick. Nog is a legend and kept up with the super human Fedor, but Mir is a beast on the ground.

I like Griffin, but I also think people don't respect Sugar Rashad Evans enough either. He's undefeated, and fought guys that are not cans. I think he could very easily beat Griffin. It would have to be by knock out though, as Griffin won't tap. If it goes to round 4-5 Griffin will win because his cardio is going to be there, and no one will out-work him.

As far as Silva V Rampage Part 3. I expect and hope for more of the same. I hate Rampage. Wand is one of my favorite fighters of all time. Silva could end it by rape choke, Thai Clinch+ Knees or whatever. I just see Rampage getting hurt. Bad.

I also expect Okami to end Dean Lister tonight as well. Not that we'll see it, because Dean Lister's fights never air.

cannot freaking wait -

I think Nog takes out Mir

I think Griffin will jjust wear down and outlast Rashad

and unfortunately I think Silva KO's Rampage but I kinda like the crazy mf - so I am pulling for the upset

also looking forward to the Dolloway and Kongo fights as well

Should Be An Awesome Night

And looking forward to him breaking Lesnars arm/leg/shoulder/knee/ankle.

Lesnar is all that is wrong with MMA.

im not sure id go that far...much like boxing the heavyweight division in UFC/MMA is pretty dull. Personally I'd like to see more of those roided out "pro" wrestlers cross over.

...and what a brutal knockout by Evans, turned griffins head into a speed bag. I don't think i was bored with any of the fights last night to include the undercard guys.

im not sure id go that far...much like boxing the heavyweight division in UFC/MMA is pretty dull. Personally I'd like to see more of those roided out "pro" wrestlers cross over.

...and what a brutal knockout by Evans, turned griffins head into a speed bag. I don't think i was bored with any of the fights last night to include the undercard guys.

You've got to understand that I'm a longtime MMA fan and an avid student of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to MMA as a sport and I don't appreciate Brock's attitude and antics that he's displayed, particularly in the Heath Herring bout. We could go on and on about my problems with him, such as him getting a title shot after 2 fights in the UFC, on of which he was subbed, but that's something else all together.

And the vast majority of those roided out pro wrestlers wouldn't make it out of a podunk local mma show. Brock's wolrd class wrestling that he learned at Minnesota is why he is as good as he is. Bobby Lashley, another wwe product is trying to break in to the sport and faces an uphill battle. Brock is ubber skilled with takedowns and maintaining top position, everything you'd expect a wrestler to be able to do.

More than anything last night, I was surprised that Nog could be TKO'd. At first I thought it was an early stoppage, but after watching the replay, it was legit. Frank freaking Mir did what Fedor, Hunt, Barnett and Cro Cop could not do... Turn out the lights on Big Nog...

i agree with you on the 2 fight champ issue, but wether or not you think Lesnar is a monster truck aficionado he has made the heavyweight division worth watching. that Couture fight was hugh, least the local bar i watch the fights at was fully packed for it as opposed to one side room. Just like a Feyor/Brock card would be.

i agree with you on the 2 fight champ issue, but wether or not you think Lesnar is a monster truck aficionado he has made the heavyweight division worth watching. that Couture fight was hugh, least the local bar i watch the fights at was fully packed for it as opposed to one side room. Just like a Feyor/Brock card would be.

I agree that Lesnar brings in average viewers and viewers over from the WWE, I'm not talking about him being a good investment. I'm talking about his lack of class, Tito, Penn, and some others are cocky, but those guys have paid there dues and still have respect while they're in a fight, something that Lesnar lacks.

And Brock fans should pray that Fedor never signs with the UFC. The fight would end very quick with Lesnar owning a very confused look, and Fedor owning two heavyweight belts. I'd really like to see Josh Barnett sign back with the UFC and take on Lesnar. Won't happen though, as his departure the first time around was less than amicable.

I agree that Lesnar brings in average viewers and viewers over from the WWE, I'm not talking about him being a good investment. I'm talking about his lack of class, Tito, Penn, and some others are cocky, but those guys have paid there dues and still have respect while they're in a fight, something that Lesnar lacks.

And Brock fans should pray that Fedor never signs with the UFC. The fight would end very quick with Lesnar owning a very confused look, and Fedor owning two heavyweight belts. I'd really like to see Josh Barnett sign back with the UFC and take on Lesnar. Won't happen though, as his departure the first time around was less than amicable.

not the biggest Lesnar fan at all but he was cocky against Herring, other than that he has been pretty respectful and showed some class. Chit alot of guys have had a moment where they acted like an ass after a big win -

I realize he doesn't fit in with yer old-school views but the fact is his wrestling background is a great base for MMA and he has shown marked improvement since he fought Mir.

So he got a title shot way too early- I agree, but the dood brings alot of needed excitement to a lacking HWT class, and we all know it is all about PPV buys..........

an amazing night, Rampage catching a very passive and non-aggressive Silva, was a bit of a shocker, but holy chit - Frank Mir!! are u kidding, everyone on the planet thought Nog would own him standing up and Mir just flat out dominated him -

Bobby Lashley, another wwe product is trying to break in to the sport and faces an uphill battle. Brock is ubber skilled with takedowns and maintaining top position, everything you'd expect a wrestler to be able to do.

Lashley has some decent credentials as far as amateur wrestling goes, I suppose:

Missouri Valley College National Championship (1996–1998)

NAIA National Wrestling Championship (1997, 1998)

Armed Forces Championship (2 times)

Sure its not like Brock's, but I think he might do OK with a bit of training. One thing is for sure.....he is one jacked SOB. I am curious to see what Kurt Angle would do. Being a former Olympic wrestling champion, he would be OK on the ground I think. I know these guys are totally different to MMA fighters, but there skills do transfer over a little, IMO. It's not like we are talking about Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair, here. :wacko:

Lashley has some decent credentials as far as amateur wrestling goes, I suppose:

Missouri Valley College National Championship (1996–1998)

NAIA National Wrestling Championship (1997, 1998)

Armed Forces Championship (2 times)

Sure its not like Brock's, but I think he might do OK with a bit of training. One thing is for sure.....he is one jacked SOB. I am curious to see what Kurt Angle would do. Being a former Olympic wrestling champion, he would be OK on the ground I think. I know these guys are totally different to MMA fighters, but there skills do transfer over a little, IMO. It's not like we are talking about Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair, here. :wacko:

Kurt Angle could have done something 10 years ago, but those days are long behind him. He's had to have his neck fused, which is going to be an ender as far as MMA goes.

not the biggest Lesnar fan at all but he was cocky against Herring, other than that he has been pretty respectful and showed some class. Chit alot of guys have had a moment where they acted like an ass after a big win -

I realize he doesn't fit in with yer old-school views but the fact is his wrestling background is a great base for MMA and he has shown marked improvement since he fought Mir.

So he got a title shot way too early- I agree, but the dood brings alot of needed excitement to a lacking HWT class, and we all know it is all about PPV buys..........

an amazing night, Rampage catching a very passive and non-aggressive Silva, was a bit of a shocker, but holy chit - Frank Mir!! are u kidding, everyone on the planet thought Nog would own him standing up and Mir just flat out dominated him -

I will forever hope for his demise after the Herring meltdown. Sure, Herring isn't a top contender, but the guy has been doing it for a long time, and competed with the best ever. Coming into your third MMA fight and acting like he did is near unforgiveable to me. I also hate wrestler's, and there lay and pray, or ground and pound shennanigans, so that also factors into my hatred for him.

I'm still not sold on Lesnar being greatly imporved since his lost to Mir. He couldn't finish off Herring after Herring was rocked horribly. Before his one punch landed on Couture, he looked like he was being handled. He did do what few have done, which was take Couture down, but Randy quickly got back to his feet. While I respect Herring for what he's done, and love Couture, neither of those guys are submission artist. Lesnar wants to take the fight to the ground, and will. Problem is that Mir is as dangerous as any Submission artist on the ground. I still think Lesnar will leave a limb out and Mir will capitalize. Mir beat Godzilla, and I will never doubt him again.

There is also talk of Nog Vs Couture, which would be fun to see. I'll take Nog.

Rampage isn't the no.1 contender for the LHW belt, and at this time he doesn't want to be. He stated after the fight that he wants Forrest Griffin, then a shot at the belt. All I know is that when Machida gets a crack at the belt, he will have it for a very, very long time.

And I think it's time for Wand to drop to 185. He's a very small lhw and I think him at 185 could match Spider Silva and hopefully take that belt.

War BJ Penn.

-End erratic post.