[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anybody watching the market plummet again today

wiegie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somebody needs to start subscribing some lithium :wacko:

On my way to my money and banking class at noon I told one of my colleagues that instead of lecturing today I was just going to have the class smoke some crack and watch the stock market go up and down.

(Somewhat relatedly, I told my class that if the market finished above 8000 today that it should be taken as a good sign.)

i need a vacation

Now that you mention it, would it be the worst thing in the world to call a market holiday? Just to chill this mess down for a bit?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking a "question" because I think I know the answer and want to get a rise out of people. I'm honestly curious.

Now that you mention it, would it be the worst thing in the world to call a market holiday? Just to chill this mess down for a bit?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking a "question" because I think I know the answer and want to get a rise out of people. I'm honestly curious.

let me sell my vega 1st!!!

From open to low to high to low to high to close was approximately a 40% round trip.

That's more than a little nuts. There are some years you don't see that ...

I was just curious what you mean by 40%. We had a 1000 pt (down 700 to +300) swing which accounts for an 8% change-agreed there are some years you don't see that.

:D Am I serious about being prepared? Sure.

I don't know what this financial mess will lead to, but it's a reminder to all of us not to take things for granted. Color me :wacko: if you want - I'm OK with that.

I hear ya, but your definition of being prepared is provisions and guns.

I dunno what to tell ya. Ain't necessary.

...the short position is being rebuilt...about 1/12th of the position is now on near the highs...

...the time to buy was an hour ago...

Thanks for the talk yesterday. I couldn't let my money sit on the sideline any longer, so I went in with 200 shares of NYX at near its low today and did really good. I don't know much about the market, but I did contact my financial adviser today and had a good talk, pressing the points you had suggested. I think we came up with a plan short term to try to take advantage of a possible bounce. I think it could be a good time for bargain shopping and I understand the risks, while I can't afford more losses , it's to a point where I'm just going to do it.

Thanks for the talk yesterday. I couldn't let my money sit on the sideline any longer, so I went in with 200 shares of NYX at near its low today and did really good. I don't know much about the market, but I did contact my financial adviser today and had a good talk, pressing the points you had suggested. I think we came up with a plan short term to try to take advantage of a possible bounce. I think it could be a good time for bargain shopping and I understand the risks, while I can't afford more losses , it's to a point where I'm just going to do it.

You're welcome.

I was just curious what you mean by 40%. We had a 1000 pt (down 700 to +300) swing which accounts for an 8% change-agreed there are some years you don't see that.

S&P500

Open = 910

Low = 840 (7.7% drop)

High = 915 (8.9% bounce)

Low = 845 (7.7% drop)

High = 930 (10.0% bounce)

Close = 900 (3.2% drop)

...total move round trip move of 37.6%...

Edited by muck