[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Bud "American Ale"

Rovers

Just finally found this new brew on the shelves. I'm not a big fan of lagers, so I was waiting for this one.

It's a little too toned down for what I would call a "pale ale", but based on color, it isn't a plae ale. In terms of flavor, I'd still call it a pale ale. Not as malty, hoppy and robust as I had hoped for, but not a bad ale in the end. Mild cascade hop aroma. They need to up the dry hops. Excellent head, fair retention. It's an ale though, for sure...the alc content is up there. They don't label it, but I'll guess it's 5.3 to 5.5 alc by volume.

It's about time Bud did a brew like this. I hope it sells... and they expand their ale yeast product offerings. I'd suggest you give it a try.

:wacko:

I'll second that. It was on sale at my local Meijer for $5.89 a sixer a few weeks ago, and there's nothing better at that price point, for sure. Rivals a lot of the $8.99 - $10.99 midsize-to-micro stuff I usually drink.

Peace

policy

On the subject of Budweiser products, the local Sams near me has a 20-pack sampler of various Michelob beers (they have their amber bock, plus marzen, irish red, porter, and a pale ale). I think the price was about $12 or so. Well worth it in my opinion.

On the subject of Budweiser products, the local Sams near me has a 20-pack sampler of various Michelob beers (they have their amber bock, plus marzen, irish red, porter, and a pale ale). I think the price was about $12 or so. Well worth it in my opinion.

Annheiser Busch always takes a great idea and waters it down.... thinking that Americans aren't ready for a full bodied, full flavored beer. The Michelob stuff isn't bad at all... but like with this Bud ale, they could make it better, if the marketing weenies got out of the way.

Avernus... I'm with you... this isn't a craft brew, but it comes close... and it's priced right. OK, so the marketing weenies at A-B aren't complete idiots....

• 4 weeks later...
Annheiser Busch always takes a great idea and waters it down.... thinking that Americans aren't ready for a full bodied, full flavored beer. The Michelob stuff isn't bad at all... but like with this Bud ale, they could make it better, if the marketing weenies got out of the way.

Avernus... I'm with you... this isn't a craft brew, but it comes close... and it's priced right. OK, so the marketing weenies at A-B aren't complete idiots....

I agree... It almost seems like a cheaper version of Sam Adams, but I did enjoy it more than expected. I haven't tried all the Michelob varieties, but I did enjoy the Pale Ale.

I have to say, though, if I'm not looking for a heavy beer, Budweiser and Michelob are two of my favorite choices. I don't know if it's the taste or George Clooney's smooth voice in the advertisements that sold me on Bud a few years back, but I find I'm one of the few people who really prefer Bud over Coors Original and MGD.

Annheiser Busch always takes a great idea and waters it down....

Literally, in most cases. :wacko:

Of course, I've gotten laughs from customer by referring to MGD 64 as "sex in a rowboat" (as in "oh, gimme 4 cases of MGD 64" "4 sex in a rowboat, gotcha...")....they give me a :D look and then I let the "f*cking near water" line drop.