[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need a space heater

MrTed46

I have centrail AC/Heat and the basement only has 1 duct and it doesn't do the job. In the winter it gets REAL cold and that is where I watch my football on sundays so I need this fixed.

Can anyone of you morans recommend me a good one? I dont like to buy things blind.

I have centrail AC/Heat and the basement only has 1 duct and it doesn't do the job. In the winter it gets REAL cold and that is where I watch my football on sundays so I need this fixed.

Can anyone of you morans recommend me a good one? I dont like to buy things blind.

If you're looking for something portable that is useful in multiple situations, one of these might work for you. I have one that I use mostly in my portable ice fishing shack but also when working in the garage in fall/winter. It would probably kick out enough heat to serve your purposes and it has a couple safety mechanisms that are nice for inside use. You can get one for less than $100 I believe.

If you're looking for something portable that is useful in multiple situations, one of these might work for you. I have one that I use mostly in my portable ice fishing shack but also when working in the garage in fall/winter. It would probably kick out enough heat to serve your purposes and it has a couple safety mechanisms that are nice for inside use. You can get one for less than $100 I believe.

Have to echo props for the heater buddy. They don't need to be vented, and they put out a freakin' ton of heat. I used to heat an uninsulated 12x12 shack with one and could wear shorts in the dead of winter working in it. I do live around ATL though. They use the little $3 1lb propane cans and will run quite a few hours on one.

If you want something more conventional I'd spend about the same amount on an electric quartz heater. Grandmother had one that looked like a radar dish and it could run you out of a 15x20 room in a couple hours.

Hell, if you're the only one down there buy an electric blanky to cover your ass on the couch.

http://www.nextag.com/Dimplex-DS5603-Tradi...192/prices-html

we have this one in our 4 season room cause i only extended 2 ducts out their with flex which sucks ....has a remote and thermastat (i think) does a great job ...the room is 16 x 20 with a vaulted ceiling.....I'd recomend (sp) it

http://www.nextag.com/Dimplex-DS5603-Tradi...192/prices-html

we have this one in our 4 season room cause i only extended 2 ducts out their with flex which sucks ....has a remote and thermastat (i think) does a great job ...the room is 16 x 20 with a vaulted ceiling.....I'd recomend (sp) it

How does it look? Real?

Might get something like this TY

How does it look? Real?

Might get something like this TY

At night it looks great, during the day ya can tell it's fake logs...of course...but it has a quiet fan you can adjust or turn off and you can turn the flames off if ya don't want to burn the light bulb :D .......when my wife brought it home I'm like great and old stove look in our new room but it's pretty cool...still no match to our Gas Fireplace in the Living room but it's alot better then some of those ghey radiator jobbies :wacko:

I've bought a few of these over the years. The features I like most: ceramic heating element for longer life, automatic electronic thermostat for ease of use, oscillating fan for spreading the heat better, and "sleep" timer so you don't have to worry about leaving it on. I have this at work, and its not too loud. Usually, the smaller and cheaper you go, the louder the fan gets. Not always, but usually.

Radiator styles are near useless IMO.

That looks liek something I want as it can be put away easily in summer. Is it noisy?

No...unless you turn the fan on high. It's still not that loud. We set the temp to 74 and put the fan on low. It cycles on and off and is quiet. I got mine at Sams Club and I think I paid less than $75. It even comes with a remote control.