[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Jets don't Suck...

Rovers

The Jet's Don't Suck................ but this thread sure as hell does

Any Jets fan that thinks the Jets would be better off with Ms. Pennington as the QB is outta their minds - what a joke.

Actually, what sucks is your post. There isn't a Jets fan in this thread that said the Jets would be better with Pennington over Favre. Go find a quote that says otherwise. Moran.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does he need? Yeah more time would have helped some, but he should know it at least reasonably well by now, half-way into the season

Are you kidding me? Some offenses take over a full year to learn. Brett's had 2 1/2 months. And that doesn't even take into account getting down his timing and chemistry with the WRs.

On the flip side, do you think the Jets should have traded Vilma away? Kinda the backbone of their Defense at one time, but I guess the knee injury made him "damaged-goods" in the eyes of the suits perhaps?

Vilma got angry... hard to say exectly what he was angry about, but the bottom line was he seemed to have violated Mangini's "my way or the Highway" creedo. Vilma never did adapt to the 3-4. He never really bought into it either. He had difficulty shedding blocks, and was used to the protection the 4-3 gave him to roam from sideline to sideline. The knee injury was apparently the last draw... Vilma had a spot on NY radio, and it was clear he was livid with Mangini and his rules and scheme. He often alluded to the "gag order"... even lying about the severity of his knee injury, preferring to say he got benched. Before the season was over, he stopped doing his weekly radio spot.

Mangini is running out of time, and this game against the Bills may likely decide not only his future, but Favre's as well.

Vilma got angry... hard to say exectly what he was angry about, but the bottom line was he seemed to have violated Mangini's "my way or the Highway" creedo. Vilma never did adapt to the 3-4. He never really bought into it either. He had difficulty shedding blocks, and was used to the protection the 4-3 gave him to roam from sideline to sideline. The knee injury was apparently the last draw... Vilma had a spot on NY radio, and it was clear he was livid with Mangini and his rules and scheme. He often alluded to the "gag order"... even lying about the severity of his knee injury, preferring to say he got benched. Before the season was over, he stopped doing his weekly radio spot.

Mangini is running out of time, and this game against the Bills may likely decide not only his future, but Favre's as well.

I see...now tell me this, what do the Saints run, a 4-3? And is he faring better there....pardon my naive questions, just a lady over here trying to figure all this out. Also, what draft pick did they get 4 Vilma and how's that working out?

The Jets would be winless?

Saying something as silly as that is really stretches the whole John 3:16 thing.

You started this thread and then we people dont agree ( by the way most of them who do not agree are pretty accurate with their assessment ) , you take dumb shots

Not sure what was silly about my statement or what it has to do to a Bible reference that I hold very sacred and true

but good luck with your silly little Favre theory

Actually, what sucks is your post. There isn't a Jets fan in this thread that said the Jets would be better with Pennington over Favre. Go find a quote that says otherwise. Moran.

please - all your b1tching about Favre is b/c they would have the same record with Pennington? solid

maybe you never flat out said they would be better with Ms. Pennington over Favre - mainly bc it is so ridiculous. Short of that, at best you were insinuating it, and at worst you were saying Favre sucks and you would rather have Pennington-

not really sure what else to take away from your posts

You started this thread and then we people dont agree ( by the way most of them who do not agree are pretty accurate with their assessment ) , you take dumb shots

Not sure what was silly about my statement or what it has to do to a Bible reference that I hold very sacred and true

but good luck with your silly little Favre theory

Maybe something you hold so sacred should not be in a sig line in a FF forum? Why do people attmept to preach in a FF forum anyway? It was a joke... perhaps in poor taste, but if it's something you are so sensitive about.... why wear your heart on your sleeve? I happen to share your religious position, but am not inclined to be an internet missionary. And the Jets would be 0-7 without Favre? No further comment required.

Hat Drick got me on that one... been watching the NFL for far too long! Here's some bait for ya... why isn't Thomsas in the HoF? Oh, and you still have Herman Edwards for a HC.

For all the Favre defenders.... the ones who say the Jets would be 0-7 without him, to the ones that invent agruements, claiming that any Jet fan in this thread EVER said the Jets would be better without him... the first thought IS delusional... the second is fabricated, just to invent a solid starting point for a foundless arguement.

Favre can do things Pennington cannot. Pennington doesn't make as many ill advised throws as Favre. With either QB, the Jets would still be 4-3 at this point in the season. The upside is better with Favre, but his penchant for INT's also make him a hugh risk. Those opinions have attracted comments that I am a whiner, delusional and whatever. I think it's unfortunate that civil discussion and debate is so rare in FF forums. Once it excsalates into a pissing contest, any chance of a rational discussion and debate is gone.... as it is with this thread... so... this thread has run it's course.

no problem ... i do wear my heart on my sleeve so to speak wherever i go even on the internet / huddle ... normally people respect that and or dont bring it into a thread but i dont think you did anything on purpose after reading your last post ...its fine

and as we know people dont always agree on football topics and threads here as well ..thats fine too ...just easier when it does not get too heated

peace

Hat Drick got me on that one... been watching the NFL for far too long! Here's some bait for ya... why isn't Thomsas in the HoF? Oh, and you still have Herman Edwards for a HC.

You can bash on Herm the Germ all you want, I'll back you 100% and I knew of your feelings as well as all the Jets fans feelings of him when he left. Your along with their analysis of his was 100% dead on.

I'll take the bait. As far as Thomas goes, its a shamre really, especially considering the stats he put up, and I firmly believe had he not died that day he would have ended up #3 or better on the all time sacks list. He has all the stats to get in, and hopefully he gets recognized for it someday. Bash on him all you want, he's still my favorite player and always will be!

Will Brett even play next year??? After this year of sucking and getting booed and his wife blogging about how people should leave him alone I am thinking he will retire again.

That I think depends on how the year goes. Last week he reminded me of the Favre under Sherman, who gave him too much control.

If they rein him in as McCarthy did the rest of the year may turn out well. They need to run the ball a lot more for that to happen in my opinion.

That I think depends on how the year goes. Last week he reminded me of the Favre under Sherman, who gave him too much control.

If they rein him in as McCarthy did the rest of the year may turn out well. They need to run the ball a lot more for that to happen in my opinion.

He just does not look like he is having that much fun. Sure he was excited when he threw the winning TD but in general he looks old tired and miserable more than he looks like he is loving the game.

If the Jets don't turn it around and he keeps playing like he has and the fans boo him he is done. I would hate for him to go out like that.

Part of me wishes that he would play awesome and would go out on top but the true Packer fan in me says that if he somewhat sucks it makes Rodgers, McCarthy, and thompson look like they made the right decision and Packer (I mean favre fans) fans will quit calling for Thompson and McCarthy's heads.